I Have Decided To Listen To My Body And My Head

Rendaridra

I have made a decision which I hope will not only help me lose the last two stone that I need but also put me in good stead for when I completely return to food again. Recently it has become increasingly difficult to stick to just shakes a day. It was fine while I lost my first 5 stone, but the past few pounds i have been riddled with cravings and terrible urges for food. On reflection I feel this is my body telling me that it has had enough of tfr. However, I still want to lose this last 2 stone and so I have looked at how I can achieve this while at the same time, helping my body and just as importantly, my mind cope with the last of my weight loss. I have looked at the options available and have decided on Slim & save's 3 shakes a day with vegs, white protein and skimmed milk. I believe this will not only help my body come to terms with reduced calorie intake but also help to soothe my mind which is, frankly, protesting at not having any solid food. I hope this is the right decision but I have very little choice in the matter. I could stop dieting now and settling for this healthier weight but still not be happy with my size, or continue in this fashion at probably a slower rate but in a more healthier way. I have decided to do this. I know I can see this through to the end, but I guess I have to change if I am going to maintain this weightloss in the future.

weight.png

I think that's really sensible. Alizonners introduce a real protein evening meal - 120g of lean beef, pork, turkey or chicken or 140g fish, scallops, lobster, crab or 2 eggs or some quark or yogurt plus very low carb veg or salad and up to 200g of higher carb things like tomatoes and courgettes and cabbage. It teaches portion control and is satisfying after the shakes and savoury sachets. You'll still loose weight and be less likely to regain by slowly phasing off.

It's also worth looking at Weasey's refeed thread and the LL RTM threads for guidance on good ways to elide into real food.

Good luck

I did my first 6 months on 4 packs a day on LL (also using SnS packs as I prefer them!) - no milk no veggies. After that I decided to move to 3 packs a day plus a protein meal. The main reason for this decision was that I wanted to learn portion control and eating a different type of meal. It was absolutely the right decision for me and has really helped me. Good luck in your journey!

Thank you both. I must say that dong this has turned me from feeling quite down to being enthused again about losing the last of the weight that I need to. I hope that for me too it is the right decision.

weight.png

I think the answer is to try it and see. For me it was part of my slow reintroduction of food. It taught me to eat lots of fish and salad or chicken and salad (I'm a bit of a salad fan!) which I wouldn't have eaten before. It taught me about portion size and it taught me about finding meals without a big carb content. I also enjoyed it!

Back