• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I have joined the gym!!

Yay me!

I decided it was time to take the plunge as at the moment I am spending a good £15 a week on classes and swimming, so at £30 a month membership I will save myself £30!! And it also means I can go even MORE OFTEN now as I dont have to fork out the extra cash- which tbh is why I havent been going more regularly.

Really excited about getting fitter and seeing my body tone up! It also will be the start of my running career (well I say career, I just want to do a 10k next year and will use this to get me fit and trained up!).

Wooohooooo :bliss:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
well done for signing up...
just gradually build up your time on the treadmill and u will be 10k capable in no time!

Nessa

Silver Member
i was thinking about joining a gym, but i don't know where to start looking, and in my area they are quite expensive to join, especially that i will only get to go 4 times a month being i have no one to look after the kids while i go.

Taz

Spam Hunter
See if there is a gym with a pay as you go membership. That way you only pay when you use it and don't have to worry that when you don't go you are losing money!

my gym offers as pay as you go, but its just So expensive to do that every day/ couple of days. I pay £81 a month for myself and my partner to gym, swim and also do classes whenever we feel like.

to do my normal work out of a day, we would pay, each, £7.00 for the gym, £3.50 for the steam room, £3.00 to swim. plus any classes we want ON TOP of all that

so in a couple of days its cheaper for us to have got the full option, i know its quite a commitment but paying for one month and then seeing how much you actually use it is probably a better option. I know i would be far more reluctant to go as often as i do (and pamper myself quite as much as i do!!) if i were shelling out over 15 quid a day...

just my two pence worth xxx

Taz

Spam Hunter
It's definately cheaper to pay monthly if you use the facilities a lot but if you are unable to get to the gym so often it can be a false economy and pay as you go would work out cheaper. It really depends on how much you will use it and how the maths work out