I have joined the gym!!

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by wannabslim, 7 April 2008 Social URL.

1. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    Yay me!

I decided it was time to take the plunge as at the moment I am spending a good £15 a week on classes and swimming, so at £30 a month membership I will save myself £30!! And it also means I can go even MORE OFTEN now as I dont have to fork out the extra cash- which tbh is why I havent been going more regularly.

Really excited about getting fitter and seeing my body tone up! It also will be the start of my running career (well I say career, I just want to do a 10k next year and will use this to get me fit and trained up!).

Wooohooooo :bliss:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cappachino

cappachino Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    well done for signing up...
    just gradually build up your time on the treadmill and u will be 10k capable in no time!

4. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Nice one! Save money and work out more, great combination! You will be running marathons in no time

5. Nessa

Nessa Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    i was thinking about joining a gym, but i don't know where to start looking, and in my area they are quite expensive to join, especially that i will only get to go 4 times a month being i have no one to look after the kids while i go.

6. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    See if there is a gym with a pay as you go membership. That way you only pay when you use it and don't have to worry that when you don't go you are losing money!

7. feeb

feeb Member

my gym offers as pay as you go, but its just So expensive to do that every day/ couple of days. I pay £81 a month for myself and my partner to gym, swim and also do classes whenever we feel like.

to do my normal work out of a day, we would pay, each, £7.00 for the gym, £3.50 for the steam room, £3.00 to swim. plus any classes we want ON TOP of all that

so in a couple of days its cheaper for us to have got the full option, i know its quite a commitment but paying for one month and then seeing how much you actually use it is probably a better option. I know i would be far more reluctant to go as often as i do (and pamper myself quite as much as i do!!) if i were shelling out over 15 quid a day...

just my two pence worth xxx

8. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    It's definately cheaper to pay monthly if you use the facilities a lot but if you are unable to get to the gym so often it can be a false economy and pay as you go would work out cheaper. It really depends on how much you will use it and how the maths work out

9. feeb

feeb Member

yesh this is very very true!! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.