I have lost weight but dont see it...

Divalicious

Silver Member
I am 3lbs shy of losing 5 stone. Starting weight being 22 stone+. I am so proud of my acheivement in 20 weeks. The only problem is that I dont see this when I look at myself or bedroom mirror, especially when am naked :mad:. I sometimes see it in the bathroom mirror and some pics. I know others have said the same but how do i overcome this. I love Asos website and I keep looking at the size 20+ items lol :eek:. I am now an 18 with a few 16s.

Firstly - well done! You have done really well.

I had a similar kind of issue this week when I weighed myself, I couldn't get my brain to compute that I was down to the next weight bracket because I lost 12lbs in one week. I think its because we loose weight so quickly on this diet. Sometimes it takes our brain a while to catch up with that.

I find that many of us are very critical with ourselves. I had a discussion with a friend recently who is a size 12 and basically they were discussing how they don't see in the mirror what the true reality is.

Its all down to body image and how we perceive how we should look isn't it.

Well done on the weight loss and stop looking at size 20s on Asos... By the time you get used to looking at 18s.. you are going to be a 16!

x

5 stone is so great, have you got a pair of trousers from your heaviest weight and a full length mirror? Pictures from before?

Maybe go upstairs, strip to knickers and bra and put those trousers on. Feel how loose they are, perhaps in the places they used to dig in.

Now put some clothes on in your new size. Take some pictures and sit and compare them to the before pics, you are going to see a big difference.

What about talking to yourself in a positive way, telling yourself how much slimmer your legs are, take note of your face, see how much thinner it is. Don't criticise yourself or put yourself down, love the size you are now as it will keep melting away.

Maybe arrange a day to go shopping instead of doing it online, even if you don't buy much, try lots on in shops you didn't used to be able to go in. Let the external factors start triggering some self love. What about booking a personal shopper?

Thank you guys...
All my clothes are bigger now, have put them in the downstairs cupboard. Will give some to my sister and ebay/charity shop the rest. I have a newish wardrobe since all my clothes are bigger now :). I have never been paranoid of going to a shop, now, I feel fatter than before the diet and I feel like I am losing my style. I have always loved fashion and bright colours with bling etc and I want to continue with that. I am going shopping at the high st in a few days time, I have to. Am so used to New Look, Yours, George and Evans (shoes) in the high street. It will be a a fun experience I know. Am sure I can squezze into a size 16 if its A/ Empire line dress coz I have a small top.

I know it sounds wierd and it is. I used to think those people on tv esp. Goks` show who say they`re fat and a size 10 were insane lol.

I have been taking pics and I love the way I look in most of them. I think the problem with being big for such a long time is that you forget to be kind to yourself. I get embarassed when people say I look good after this weight loss. Am adopting the Loreal slogan, "coz u`r worth it" and am so worth.... I am beautiful in every single way (Christina Aguilera).

@*jenjen* before I would have said people like your friend are attention seekers wanting to be told they look good, but now, I so understand :).
@Smallerme, I am starting to realise how important it is to be positive about my image because honestly if it was someone else I would be so jealous of them :).
@hannata, kep going hun soon they will be too big to wear...:)

I know how you feel Diva, it's crazy how difficult it is to get our heads to catch up! I feel it most when I sit down on the sofa and look at my tummy & my legs, I still think I look as big as I used to.

I went to M&S at lunch time today and bought some new underwear, had to get 16 for the knickers & 14 for a petticoat to fit, I still can't quite believe it! It's so much in our heads, it's crazy.... I just hope I can be kind to myself and let my head catch up. I'm starting to see the difference now, partly because of clothes, but I think my shape seems to be changing now a little (so that probalby means a lot, but I can see a little!)

You're doing so well, and you'll be at 5 stone in no time, it's a fantastic achievement :D

I know how you feel Diva, it's crazy how difficult it is to get our heads to catch up! I feel it most when I sit down on the sofa and look at my tummy & my legs, I still think I look as big as I used to.

I went to M&S at lunch time today and bought some new underwear, had to get 16 for the knickers & 14 for a petticoat to fit, I still can't quite believe it! It's so much in our heads, it's crazy.... I just hope I can be kind to myself and let my head catch up. I'm starting to see the difference now, partly because of clothes, but I think my shape seems to be changing now a little (so that probalby means a lot, but I can see a little!)

You're doing so well, and you'll be at 5 stone in no time, it's a fantastic achievement :D

Oooh thank you hun, wow you are doing so well urself. I know what you mean about shape changing... I had a sitting down with myself (lol) this evening and reminded myself that I haven`t been this size since before my E was born, thus lyk more than 8 yrs ago lol. I do feel lighter though when am walking and it`s nice to see my collarbore emerge. However, am trying not to be critical of my tummy :eek:. I just remembered HnM, do niiiice clothes and not so expensive since I will wear them only for a short time :).

You are really inspirational, I so hope that by Easter I can be saying the same. My start weight was similar and I'm half way to my first 5 stone, can't wait. Reading your post has really spurred me on. Thank you and enjoy the shopping x

nicki9 said:
You are really inspirational, I so hope that by Easter I can be saying the same. My start weight was similar and I'm half way to my first 5 stone, can't wait. Reading your post has really spurred me on. Thank you and enjoy the shopping x

Oh thanks Nicki9! I have heard people say your mind t

Thanks Nicki9. I hadn't cleared my nice and expensive dr

Will do this on pc, baby keeps snatching 4n

...........all I can say is well done to all of you lovely ladies and keep going because your brain does catch up with your body eventually. I recognise all of your emotions and only now that I am very near to goal do I see that I am actually slim. I could never bear to look at myself in the mirror and now I am positively vain Lol!!!!! I was at my Daughters last weeks and she has a full length mirror in her hallway and as I was admiring myself in it for the umpteenth time I heard her say to my Grandaughter ''Is nanny looking at herself again?'' It did make me grin. xx:D

Last edited:
well done on your weight loss:D.

Back