I Have Ordered the Book.

Everhopeful

" If at First".....
Hi all, I have ordered the book & ..... please let it come soon!! I am getting desperate. Can anyone reassure me that it will help.

I hope to start phase one tomorrow so today I'm going to have the last of my mushrooms with steak & green veg for lunch.

I have just read that Splenda & other sweeteners are a no-no.... black Decaf' coffee & no sweetener, :eek: I think that's going to be the hardest part. :sigh:

I think I was lucky re the coffee as I don't have much anyway. We had Chinese on Saturday so
Am back at phase 1 for a few days just weighed myself and I'm 7 lbs off in 1 week. So happy. Only 3 lbs to the next stone down. Seeing the numbers go down is really motivating me

I spoke too soon, I was right in saying the taste decaf was OK but oh dear, am I missing the caffeine! My mood is dire! Suddenly Friday is a long way away.

Stick with it it's worth it honestly I've just had steak kale crisps and roasted med veg. Try water instead fizzy makes it more like a treat

Hello, I'm on my second week of the Harcombe diet and 4 days into phase 2 and can honestly say that I think its a brill eating plan.

Do stick with it as the first few days are really the hardest, but they reap so many rewards. I lost 7lb in the first week and at almost 50 I haven't had a weight loss like that in such a short period of time for a long time :):)

I had an awful headache for 3 days, which was the caffeine withdrawal, I drank fruit teas and plenty of water - make sure you drink loads of water as this does help :) I didn't have too many problems although the last few days I have felt bit fluey, but that is apparently the body getting used to buring fat instead of carbs for energy.

We are here to support you and do the journey together so stick with it as I'm sure you will see the benefits in the end.

Nice to see other Harcombers on here too as there aren't many of us.

Take care

How are we doing lovelies xxxx

i'm struggling today as desperately want to eat all the things i shouldn't and am disappointed in myself as I don't want to feel like this and was hoping the plan would stop that as it does say cravings cease, but then i suppose it is early days............any thoughts?

Sorry hun. Yes it's early days stick with it and don't be disappointed think of it as the poison leaving your body. X

Sorry hun. Yes it's early days stick with it and don't be disappointed think of it as the poison leaving your body. X

Thanks for that.............how you doing?

My son had a load of goodies this afternoon, chocolate and crisps, milk shake etc, he had a heavy night out last night and always craves rubbish when he gets a hangover ........................ and it was so difficult not to say "can I have one"..................I still crave sweet stuff.

Where have you all gone................seen you on the harcombe forum and wondered if you were still posting here? Would love to know how you are doing after your first week xx

I haven't signed up for anything more than the free membership, so although i can read the forums I can't post, but I spied you :giggle:

Please come back and let me know how you doing xx

Sorry guys been a mega stressful week do or do hubby got made redundant work has been horrific so I've failed a bit but going back to phase 1 tomorrow xxx

Sorry guys been a mega stressful week do or do hubby got made redundant work has been horrific so I've failed a bit but going back to phase 1 tomorrow xxx

So sorry to hear that your husband has been made redundant and hope that it won't be too long before he finds something else.

Glad to hear that you haven't given up on the plan too, let me know how you go.

I think I introduced too many foods too quickly so I have gone back to phase 1 too with the exception of having skimmed milk in tea, decaff of course, .........but only bout 4 a day, the rest of the time I drink fruit tea or water. Will find out on Mon if its made a difference.

Back