I have reached a Plateau! :(

Ashanti

I have been a member of Slimming World since October 2009 and so far have lost 8st 11lbs, I know the plan and what works for me however my weight seems to be sticking, I can't seem to lose anything no matter how hard I try although I still have over 1st I need to lose to reach my target. I am getting very disheartened, any tips from other members that have had this problem and what did you do to shift the extra lbs? :break_diet:

I dont have any tips im afraid but wanted to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS on your amazing weight loss xx

Try a scanbran challenge
Drink LOTS of water
Eat speed soup every day
Mix up your healthy extras
Mix up your free foods...

Keep your body guessing! These are a few ideas i've picked up on here :)
Good luck and a MASSIVE congratulations on your loss so far :D

I'm the same as you hun. Congratulations on your loss by the way!! I've lost 9 and a half stone and have another 2 to go and I can't seem to shift it. In fact I gained 1pm last week and seriously don't know how. I'm saintly on this plan. The only things I can put it down to is too many Ee days and eating too late at night. So now going back to 1 Ee day a week and the rest red. As someone else said. Jiggle up your plan to keep your body guessing and eat different foods. Xx

My body did that, then I realised I was aiming too low. I am 5ft and weigh 120-123lbs (8.8 - 8.11) and as a size 8 if I get any smaller I'll look stupid. Make sure, looking at your frame, muscluature etc that you are not aiming too low. 7st 11 seems very low!

Try a scanbran challenge
Drink LOTS of water
Eat speed soup every day
Mix up your healthy extras
Mix up your free foods...

Keep your body guessing! These are a few ideas i've picked up on here :)
Good luck and a MASSIVE congratulations on your loss so far :D

I have never heard of a scan bran challenge or speed soup, what are they? Thanks for your help! I will give anything a try right now!

I'm the same as you hun. Congratulations on your loss by the way!! I've lost 9 and a half stone and have another 2 to go and I can't seem to shift it. In fact I gained 1pm last week and seriously don't know how. I'm saintly on this plan. The only things I can put it down to is too many Ee days and eating too late at night. So now going back to 1 Ee day a week and the rest red. As someone else said. Jiggle up your plan to keep your body guessing and eat different foods. Xx

Like you, I gained 1lb unexpectedly last week and it looks like I am going to maintain again this week! It is awful when you know you have been so good, I will try some new foods this week and see if that helps, many people have told me that the last bit of weight is the hardest to lose and looks like that is true haha

Ashanti said:
I have never heard of a scan bran challenge or speed soup, what are they? Thanks for your help! I will give anything a try right now!

Scanbran challenge is where you eat at least 5 scanbran on at least 3 days in a week. 5 of them are a healthy B, or one syn each. I usually try and have them 3 times a week as hexb's.
The super speed soup is literally what it says on the tin- there's a recipe in the recipe forum on here, have a search and you'll find it :) some people vary it, but ou basically use speed foods as the main ingredients.

Good luck :D xxx

Back