I have to share this...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Memphis, 25 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Memphis

Memphis Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.21%)
    I just have to share this with you lot this morning, as I am truly on cloud nine.

When going to bed last night I had my familiar routine of laying out clothes for work today. I included a pair of trousers which I bought after my first two weeks on CD when I'd lost 13lbs, and they fitted just nicely. I haven't had any massive losses since then but have been trundling along at a steady sort of pace.

So this morning I get up and get dressed, to find I literally cannot wear them! They are so loose around my stomach that I can pull them up and down without even undoing the buttons. I can't get over it. It's as though someone has sneaked in during the night and swapped them over with a much bigger pair. I was wearing them just the other week and they fitted nice and snug. Now they're so baggy around the ar*e that I can't get away with wearing them to the office at all.

Of course this means that I am left with hardly any clothes to wear to work - and these were lovely tailored pin-stripes that I really liked too - but I really don't care. I'm so chuffed that I'm even more enthused than ever about this diet.

I started a size 18 on the bottom, just over a month ago. Those trousers today were a 16. And I guess I might have to try some 14s now...

This Thursday will be my 5th weigh-in. Who would have thought that I could undergo such a dramatic transformation in just over a month?

So for anyone struggling through their first three days on the diet - keep with it. I have been on every diet known to man but never have I seen such amazing results, so fast.

Before I began on CD I was miserable with low-confidence and full of self-loathing. I was jealous of my friends and workmates and their great figures and wardrobes. I was fed up of being the fat friend. But losing the weight seemed to me a massive journey that would take me years.

Now I'm starting to see that in a few more months, I could be slim, healthy and happy too. I'm delighted I found this diet now - it is changing my life. :D

Róisín likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MissGonnaBSlim

MissGonnaBSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.16%)
    Diet:
    Low Low Low Carb
    oh my god!! thats fantastic Memphis, and your losses are about the same as mine too (give or take a pound here and there)

ok......the real question is what on earth did you wear to work???

xx

4. schindler

schindler Keep on trying

Start Weight:
    19st0.8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4.3lb(17.35%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    thanks for that - its a really positive post- and I am looking forward to being able to buy new clothes from any shop I fancy

5. Memphis

Memphis Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.21%)
    A pair of trousers I have been waiting to fit into for a wedding I have coming up.
    I'm a bit more dressed up than usual haha.

6. Witchy

Witchy ButtERfly

Start Weight:
    22st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(22.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thats great I did the same yesterday but had nothing else to put on as I bought them all same time, thank heavens for draw strings.

Bet you were swishing round work hehe.

7. broxi

broxi ButtErFly

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Amazing, well done you! What a feeling. I can't wait but you're showing us it wont be long! Thanks for that encouragement!

8. shelz

shelz Silver Member

Im just like broxi, i cant wait for the feeling!

I started last Friday, jumped on the scales today and I just could not believe it. Maybe my scales and the CDC scales are out of sync - I dont know... Still an amazing feeling to know the amount of pounds that have gone in just 3 days. Its awesome!!

If the rest of the losses are half this amount I am going to be ecstatic! I am going to keep going til weigh in Thursday and see what the CDCs scales say.

:)

9. Róisín

Róisín Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.88%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet

Wow!:p
    I'm thrilled for you!

Thanks for posting this, it really gives me something to look forward to (having to go to work with no trousers ;))

Congrats Memphis :cool:

10. claira07

claira07 needs a real kick in the

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    so pleased for you you must feeling sooooo good, well done,
    size 12 on its way xxx

11. charlotte_k

charlotte_k Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.2%)
    Diet:
    very low calorie diet
    well done memphis! x x

12. Memphis

Memphis Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.21%)
    Thank you for all your lovely responses. I just had to share it with someone as I'm kind of 'playing down' the diet in real life! You know, playing it cool :rolleyes:

13. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(48.23%)
    Diet:
    cd maintenance
    Well done Memphis it sounds like size 14's are definately needed. Zoe x

14. LadyB

LadyB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    wow Memphis that is such a great story! Well done!! I am going to be starting very soon - and you have inspired me to take a whole loads of clothes back I brought last weekend!!
    I did swap one dress from an 18 to a 16, so a goal I am going to make for myself is to fit into that dress!!
    Well done!
    Bx

15. sandypops

sandypops Loves life......

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Hi Memphis

We are on the same week(ish) and have had the same weightloss each week(bizarre) and I can totally relate with you on the trousers front...in fact just got new combats size 14 from asda today and am on cloud nine..........tops still a 16 but really delighted. Will wait a bit before buying size 14 jeans....lol.x

16. Shopaholic

Shopaholic is back to finish the job

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.59%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    How thrilling, enjoy shopping for your size 14's but don't spend too much on them as you'll soon be in 12's! I can't wait for this to happen to me. My size 18's are loose on me, I've had to tighten my belt. Can fit in 16 tops.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.