Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I have to share this...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Memphis, 25 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Memphis

Memphis Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.21%)
    I just have to share this with you lot this morning, as I am truly on cloud nine.

When going to bed last night I had my familiar routine of laying out clothes for work today. I included a pair of trousers which I bought after my first two weeks on CD when I'd lost 13lbs, and they fitted just nicely. I haven't had any massive losses since then but have been trundling along at a steady sort of pace.

So this morning I get up and get dressed, to find I literally cannot wear them! They are so loose around my stomach that I can pull them up and down without even undoing the buttons. I can't get over it. It's as though someone has sneaked in during the night and swapped them over with a much bigger pair. I was wearing them just the other week and they fitted nice and snug. Now they're so baggy around the ar*e that I can't get away with wearing them to the office at all.

Of course this means that I am left with hardly any clothes to wear to work - and these were lovely tailored pin-stripes that I really liked too - but I really don't care. I'm so chuffed that I'm even more enthused than ever about this diet.

I started a size 18 on the bottom, just over a month ago. Those trousers today were a 16. And I guess I might have to try some 14s now...

This Thursday will be my 5th weigh-in. Who would have thought that I could undergo such a dramatic transformation in just over a month?

So for anyone struggling through their first three days on the diet - keep with it. I have been on every diet known to man but never have I seen such amazing results, so fast.

Before I began on CD I was miserable with low-confidence and full of self-loathing. I was jealous of my friends and workmates and their great figures and wardrobes. I was fed up of being the fat friend. But losing the weight seemed to me a massive journey that would take me years.

Now I'm starting to see that in a few more months, I could be slim, healthy and happy too. I'm delighted I found this diet now - it is changing my life. :D

Róisín likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MissGonnaBSlim

MissGonnaBSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.16%)
    Diet:
    Low Low Low Carb
    oh my god!! thats fantastic Memphis, and your losses are about the same as mine too (give or take a pound here and there)

ok......the real question is what on earth did you wear to work???

xx

4. schindler

schindler Keep on trying

Start Weight:
    19st0.8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4.3lb(17.35%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    thanks for that - its a really positive post- and I am looking forward to being able to buy new clothes from any shop I fancy

5. Memphis

Memphis Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.21%)
    A pair of trousers I have been waiting to fit into for a wedding I have coming up.
    I'm a bit more dressed up than usual haha.

6. Witchy

Witchy ButtERfly

Start Weight:
    22st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(22.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thats great I did the same yesterday but had nothing else to put on as I bought them all same time, thank heavens for draw strings.

Bet you were swishing round work hehe.

7. broxi

broxi ButtErFly

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Amazing, well done you! What a feeling. I can't wait but you're showing us it wont be long! Thanks for that encouragement!

8. shelz

shelz Silver Member

Im just like broxi, i cant wait for the feeling!

I started last Friday, jumped on the scales today and I just could not believe it. Maybe my scales and the CDC scales are out of sync - I dont know... Still an amazing feeling to know the amount of pounds that have gone in just 3 days. Its awesome!!

If the rest of the losses are half this amount I am going to be ecstatic! I am going to keep going til weigh in Thursday and see what the CDCs scales say.

:)

9. Róisín

Róisín Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.88%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet

Wow!:p
    I'm thrilled for you!

Thanks for posting this, it really gives me something to look forward to (having to go to work with no trousers ;))

Congrats Memphis :cool:

10. claira07

claira07 needs a real kick in the

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    so pleased for you you must feeling sooooo good, well done,
    size 12 on its way xxx

11. charlotte_k

charlotte_k Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.2%)
    Diet:
    very low calorie diet
    well done memphis! x x

12. Memphis

Memphis Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.21%)
    Thank you for all your lovely responses. I just had to share it with someone as I'm kind of 'playing down' the diet in real life! You know, playing it cool :rolleyes:

13. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(48.23%)
    Diet:
    cd maintenance
    Well done Memphis it sounds like size 14's are definately needed. Zoe x

14. LadyB

LadyB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    wow Memphis that is such a great story! Well done!! I am going to be starting very soon - and you have inspired me to take a whole loads of clothes back I brought last weekend!!
    I did swap one dress from an 18 to a 16, so a goal I am going to make for myself is to fit into that dress!!
    Well done!
    Bx

15. sandypops

sandypops Loves life......

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Hi Memphis

We are on the same week(ish) and have had the same weightloss each week(bizarre) and I can totally relate with you on the trousers front...in fact just got new combats size 14 from asda today and am on cloud nine..........tops still a 16 but really delighted. Will wait a bit before buying size 14 jeans....lol.x

16. Shopaholic

Shopaholic is back to finish the job

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.59%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    How thrilling, enjoy shopping for your size 14's but don't spend too much on them as you'll soon be in 12's! I can't wait for this to happen to me. My size 18's are loose on me, I've had to tighten my belt. Can fit in 16 tops.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.