I have weighed myself - again today

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by Dancing, 20 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

2lb GAIN!

I have not eaten nearly as much as I did the first week so I can only put this down to the bars and KDs comment that they cause some to stall. They must have thrown me out of ketosis.

Not sure how I feel.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Aw hun, its so disheartening. But as you say, its probably the bars. I couldn't have CD bars, they really caused my weightloss to stall, and gave me terrible wind! Restricted myself to only one a week x x

4. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    hmm, any gain is going to give any of us a downer hun, my pennies worth for what its worth, is too stick to it this week and see how you do and re-think if you not happy next week

suexxxx

5. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Start Weight:
    83kg
    Current Weight:
    80.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    72kg
    Lost(%):
    2.2kg(2.68%)
    Diet:
    CALORIE COUNTING :)
    Not sure what Ketosis is but I'm sure you'll keep at it and the loss next week will be a positive one. I'ts a bummer when it happens, a gain, however you've got to take it "all in it's stride?"

How are you finding atkins and all the monitoring? Is it very time consuming to calculate everything?

Brenda

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Awww b..b...b...b..b..bother

It's worth knocking them on the head for a while, then perhaps just having a 1/3-1/2 if really desperate for something sweet. Open bar, cut, hide the rest ;)

First try a week or two without them at all if you can.

7. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    I don't for one second think the gain is fat hun. If you've stuck with the plan and only had Atkins bars...its just the scales. They will catch up next week hun. Maybe you are out of Ketosis and some glycogen stores have been built up again...but it wont be fat. Stick with it hun. I don't think I've lost this week, but just measured myself and in the last two weeks I've lost a further 5 inches (off thighs/boobs/hips/waist). The scales may not show it, but the fat is still going. Lots of hugs to you hun.xx

8. alybongo

alybongo Full Member

awww dancing. Don't be too disheartened. Look closely at your menus and lay off the bars. I'm sure it will move.
    If you fancy something sweet look at the thread I started "heres a treat"
    :hug99::flowers::hug99:

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i'm not so sure about it not being fat. I've been thinking about it.... Atkins is not a vlcd. While I haven't eaten loads I have eaten quite a bit and I haven't been too active at all. Maybe it is fat?

Oh I don't know. Who knows, I may wake up in the morning to find the scales are being nice to me. I can live in hope

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

weight at last weeks weigh in: 14.7
    weight at this weeks weigh in: 14.9
    weight at 6am this morning: 14.10
    weight at 9.30am this morning: 14.8

Nasty scales messing with my head.

11. alybongo

alybongo Full Member

My scales are always slightly lighter when I have moved around a bit. Don't know why?
    Maybe we should just ditch the bl**dy things and use tape measures instead.

12. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    hey hun, I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here but others have said this to me in the past and I have found it helped!

The scales are not an accurate representation of what is going on inside your body. How you feel, how your clothes fit, measurements and body fat %, water % and muscle mass are all important to consider.

Please don't get obsessive about weighing (as I have been guilty of this I know how easy it is to hop on and off during the day, so I now only weigh once a day and I now take my other readings such as muscle mass and water % down) as it will not help you to be positive. As you know our bodies fluctuate during the day so weighing max once a day at the same time is the only way to get any idea of accurate weight change. Once a week is better as that way the daily fluctuations can't get you down. Admittedly if on the day you weigh you see a gain it is disheartening, but remember that age old saying... what you don't see in weightloss you will see in inches... and the other one.... a gain/STS is usually followed by a big loss the next week.

I know you have probably heard this before hun and am not trying to patronise but we all need reminding at times. I feel that you are very down due to this gain and I don't want you to lose faith in the diet just because of a pair of scales. Its not worth it!! If you are sticking to it, it has to work!

xxx

13. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    Scales......arrrrgggghhhh! I use my mums now as my official scales (I don't go to my CD councellor any more) and she says that the scales have to be on the exact same tile facing the same direction on her kitchen floor......I thought she was joking so I move to the tile next to it...to make my point and I lost a further 2lbs! I then turned them round and gained 1lb!!! I would choose a spot hun (one where you lose the most LOL) and stick with it. I know you shouldn't keep weighing yourself, but I too do the same. Everytime I go to the loo, I hop on the scales. What I found last week was they stayed the same for days then went down by 4lbs in one big jump! Hope you are not feeling down hun. xx

14. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I know all the blurb about the scales! But it doesn't help when I needed reassurance that Atkins works. Also, I'm have never had my scales go up for any reason when I've stuck to a plan, so it is out of character for me. Therefore it is highly likely to be due to the bars.

i'm not down now. I was yesterday but mostly I was just thinking things through.

I am refocussed today. Had a good chat with my CDC. I am doing Atkins for the rest of the week and then I am returning to CD - either SS or 810. I have to try it again. I feel different in my head. Also I have a focus now for losing my weight (enough said) and I'm going to give it a go.

For now though, I'm on Atkins and I'm about to go make that mince and sauce thingame.

15. alybongo

alybongo Full Member

Hi dancing, I was checking out an Atkins bullitin board ( just wrote bulliyin board LOL, sound right)
    There was a thread on there about the bars and how Dr Atkins said they should only be used in an emergency and not as a staple of the diet and also not to use them when doing induction as can stall weightloss.
    They also went on to say that in their opinion the bars and shakes have only been pushed by the company since he died and see them as a money making excercise, saying he would not have approved of them being used so carefree. This is an American forum I think.
    This probably makes sense. Wish I had read it before I placed a £40 order on Boots.com though LOL.
    Will use mine for the occasional treat and maybe when at work when the 3am munchies start.

16. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    Thats good to know. I spotted I lose more when I dont have them. I've got quite a few in stock and for example will have one on Saturday when I go to my brothers for tea. His wife will have an array of sweet food afterwards and I'll not feel too bad having a lovely choc bar with a coffee and cream. I was having one or two a day and I'm going to get that down to one or two a week.

17. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    Enjoy your mince! x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i think I must be coming across all wrong in the things I post from the comments you make.

maybe it is just that we misinterpret each other or maybe I'm coming across wrong to everyone. I don't know.

20. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    Don't worry hun Im not offended or anything- if you didn't mean it to come across that way I think perhaps its cos you are very concise and formal with your words and maybe come across blunt (not in a bad way, just your sentences are short etc) so I sometimes find it hard to judge what your tone is... like I put smiley faces in my posts and am careful with my wording and punctuation so that people read it as I intend them to...as I know how easy it is for people to misinterpret what I'm saying! (when I was 17 I had a major fallout with a friend on MSN over something I said that was completely meant innocently but she took the wrong way- if it had been in person she would have picked up on my body language and tone and known I wasnt being nasty at all)

It may just be me misinterpreting you hun, I think maybe its just our different writing styles- your style is quite different to most ppl on here and I'm not used to it! You dont need to change though, I just need to learn how to read your posts accurately! My problem not yours :) xxx

21. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

No, if I'm so different to everyone else it is me that should make more of an effort. Sorry.

I guess I'm just a bit lazy in my answers and don't read them back to consider how others might read them. Sometimes I do, alot of the time I don't. It is good that I'm made aware of it every now and again.

22. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    Ok :) then let this be the end of the matter, friends? x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.