I have woken up in Wonderland - HELP!!!

*Cupcake*

is working hard.....
Please help! I've been up since 5am and it seems I am in Wonderland with every food saying 'EAT ME' and every drink saying 'DRINK ME''. I've had my HEA (ss milk) and HEB (weetabix) with chopped banana already. Still hungry :rolleyes:

ARRRGGGH!!!!

I know I'm tired, and I know its * week, and I know I'm dealing with some personal stuff too, but I'm really really struggling to resist. :cry:And its only 8.20am. :(

Any help gratefully received today - thanks guys xx

I've been up since 5, didn't go to bed till 1. Mind is racing and couldn't sleep.

Have some free food. I myself had two boiled goggas and a couple of slices of ham at 6ish, and soon to have the porridge before hitting the gym.

Go for a walk, do something to get yourself active and away from the Red Queen

Thanks Mr G - glad to know I'm not alone!

I can't actually walk atm as I am in plaster and on just the one crutch atm, but I do my physio every day without fail as I'm determined to walk by next weekend! I think the inactivity doesn't help - I think I will get out my arm weights and wave them about for a bit to at least do something.;)

This is the first time since starting over that I've felt this close to losing it.

Grrrrr Food :mad:

xx

Hi Cupcake
You can get through this ;)
I was like it yesterday -my alter ego "starvin marvin" appeared and I swear I was so hungry -like you it was the first time since I started SW 6 weeks ago.. It wasn't even "goodies" I wanted -it was proper food I ended up with
2 brekkies, lunch, mid afternoonies, I had my dinner by 4: 30 :p
I filled up on free foods -fruit n natural yogurt, some cooked meats etc... eventually I beat marvin into submission at about 6pm (and he isn't coming out again if I can help it :p)
Could you make yourself an omelette with lots of tasty fillings?
I know what set me off was having a brekkie and 1st lunch with no real protein in them... Protein keeps me full much longer..
Hope the feeling passes soon..and good luck with getting up n walking for the weekend ;)

Thanks - again, so glad I'm not alone. Is around 6 weeks a peak time for these feelings I wonder?

I'm just boiling an egg for breakfast number 2. And more coffee ;) xx

You poor thing.
I always get more hungry when the weather is good (thought that it was meant to be the opposite, but not for me!!!).
Drink lots of cold water - may help to get you through some hungry thoughts.
Have you got a good book? Could you sit outside, enjoy some sun and have a read?
As the other says, make the most of the free food and especially the superfree.
Hope you manage to stay sane and can get walking soon. I know what its like, I strained my cruciate ligament about 5 weeks into the plan and was imobile and then on crutches for 6 weeks - total nightmare, but you do get through it. x

I was like this yesterday as well. Ate a packet of seafood sticks, and made a syn-free quiche, and a strawberry jelly with strawberries and yogurt in it - all in addition to proper 'meals'.

BUT, that's the beauty of SW. Make the most of your free food today. Are you on Re, Green or EE??

Thanks guys - I'm not sure what I'd do without MM!! xx

I haven't decided on the day - I have chicken breasts in the fridge for Red and have a left over Mushy Pea Curry to finish for Green so I could go either way. (Never tried EE).

The weather, indeed does make things tricky. As does half term. And hormones. And ex husbands. And stoopid broken feet.

I've dug out a home hair dye kit and will now proceed to cover my greys in an attempt to drown out these hollow cravings.

Thank you all, again, so much xx

if you need a chocolate fix i recomend skinny cow hot chocolate its 2 syns per serving (10g) so add syns if you use more but its quite strong so works gr8 add sweetner to it gives that sugar fix you need to :)

God it must be like a wall you hit 6 or 7 weeks in!
Have some eggs - maybe make a quick quich with veggies in or some fruit chopped up with yoghurt on hun.
I felt like this for the last 3 days too :(

2 pieces of advice

1.) If you are 'hungry' but don't want to eat free food, you are not really hungry

2.) Eat lots of free food!!!! It's free for a reason. I once had a massive 'binge' where I ate cooked chicken, sushi, prawns, fruit, yogurt, bean salad and rice- and had no need to feel guitly afterwards as it was all free. It was very liberating and once you accept that eating free food is not bad, even if it feels like you have eaten tons, you can still carry on, you are actually more likely to relax and probably not eat as much anyway

Good luck in getting through it- we have all been there and you are really not alone

xxxxxx

Please help! I've been up since 5am and it seems I am in Wonderland with every food saying 'EAT ME' and every drink saying 'DRINK ME''.

If you really are in Wonderland, make sure to only eat the foods that make you smaller ;) :D

Fill your larder with strawberries and raspberries (if you can). I find they satisfy or nullify my cravings, they are extremely nutritious and I always seem to lose more weight where I have eaten more of these fruits.

If you really are in Wonderland, make sure to only eat the foods that make you smaller ;) :D

Fill your larder with strawberries and raspberries (if you can). I find they satisfy or nullify my cravings, they are extremely nutritious and I always seem to lose more weight where I have eaten more of these fruits.

This made me smile!! I will soon be joining you Slimming Worlders, although I am not ready to let go from CD just yet. I popped in to see what was what.

I was exactly the same yesterday, I could have joyfully chewed my desk I was so hungry! lol I did manage to stay on the straight and narrow though, but I did eat a full watermelon all to myself, which was bigger than a football! :8855:

Luckily I was at work so I only had what I had brought with me. I ended up going to bed at 10 to stop myself from caving in! :8855:

I'm ok today though :D

I find green days help when hunger strikes and carbs are comforting as well, just stick with it and eat free food, it is better to eat SW friendly food then go off rails and binge on naughty stuff. At least then you feel in control and if it all goes t*ts up a**e you can have flexie syns :)

Green Days will certainly help you, especially as its that * week too. EE days just dont cut it for me on that week, so I have things like a smash pizza, or pasta salad, or just anything stodgy thats on plan. Remember to drink plenty of water too to flush through.

I hope things improve for you Hun.

xxx

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who has consumed an entire packet of seafood sticks in a bid to satisfy her inner demon!!:eek:

As everyone has said (and as I myself am trying to learn) FREE FOODS are key....If you are hungry what about a morning curry? A little chicken breast in tinfoil in the oven with a sprinkle of curry powder, some herbs and pepper. Have it with an omelette and I am telling you, it is absolutely delicious! I put a tin of tomatoes over mine....so it's still kinda brekkie...lol

Thank you, thank you, thank you all. All your wise words and advice really do help.

I've gone for green and am now making a pasta salad, courgette and pepper frittata, and jacket potatoes. Will have the curry for tea later. I'm drinking sparkling water too.

It's the first time I've hit this wall since re-starting and its a shocker tbh. I stocked up in asda/lidl yesterday so its not as if I'm not 'in control' and have the right foods to hand. :confused:

You are all spot on - free food is my friend. Thank you again xx

P.S. ScanBran - I feel like the most giantest humungous person in Wonderland atm so magic shrinking foods will be my aim!!

once you learn coping mechanisms it soon gets easier to mange :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you all. All your wise words and advice really do help.

I've gone for green and am now making a pasta salad, courgette and pepper frittata, and jacket potatoes. Will have the curry for tea later. I'm drinking sparkling water too.

It's the first time I've hit this wall since re-starting and its a shocker tbh. I stocked up in asda/lidl yesterday so its not as if I'm not 'in control' and have the right foods to hand. :confused:

You are all spot on - free food is my friend. Thank you again xx

P.S. ScanBran - I feel like the most giantest humungous person in Wonderland atm so magic shrinking foods will be my aim!!

Update

I have made it thus far through today with the support from here and one of my best girl friends and her magic tweezers (eyebrows to die for now :D).

I'm dealing with the other side of this now I think - not so much about the food and the plan because I totally understand it and know it works - but more the emotional and psychological side (hey still out there in Wonderland lol!!).

After madly cooking 'green day' food, I switched at the last minute to chicken salad (with my lovely friend) and have done red. The protein has definetly kept me feeling full. Got some treaty big prawns for tea so am going to syn a marie rose sauce and sit out in the evening sun to enjoy that once little ones are in bed.

Quite a day for me - one I didn't see coming for sure, but with lots of your help advice and support I have negotiated ok.

So massive thanks again, xx

Back