I haven't got any...

AlienCrocHex

Been lurking here for many months! Got my first script in Jan and all went well; got my second in Feb and it was a bit of a plateau; got my third in March but couldn't find any; got fourth script in April and still could not find any; gave up at that point.

Any ideas of where I can ring round? My March script will expire on 14th September.

Regards
ACH

Last edited:
I think my prayers may have just been answered!

On the 31st of August the manufacturer of orlistat stated that "Stocks of Xenical will be available at wholesalers AAH Pharmaceuticals and Alliance Healthcare Ltd by Wednesday 5th September 2012." So, supplies should be here soon but bear in mind it will take a little while longer for the stock to move from wholesalers to individual pharmacies and that back orders may result in continued supply problems until the supply situation stabilises again.

source: http://www.prescriber.org.uk/2012/01/orlistat-stock-shortage/

I was given a script quite a few months ago and they were saying the same thing then.
I bought Alli which is the same thing altho' each tablet at a lower dose..quite an expensive outlay.. but chemist doesn't have that either now.
Am wondering if they are not going to manufacture it any more as there was such a lot of critisism about it at one time.

I've just been given xen so Roche are reproducing but it's gonna take a long time to catch up with existing orders! So be patient itll be coming and going for a while before its stable again xx

I went for a few months without it but I've been able to get hold of it for the last 4 months . It's hit and miss and irregular supplies but it is out there. Most of mine have been Teva whereas Kirsty has just got hold of the original Xenical brand. It's beginning to look hopeful

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh fingers x'd it's coming back then! My chemist is not so great, when I call about ti they just say it's still not in yet. They haven't had any for many months and just say they don't know when it will be back :(

I have just had my 4 outstanding prescriptions filled with xen at boots and after filling other outstanding orders they still had stock so it looks hopefull this time :)

If you cant find it I suggest trying a Pharmacy attached to a doctors / hospital. I called in there expecting the usual no and she said we have got a few boxes from the hospital so we will take your script and number and phone you when we get some for you. Got a call today and my first script is waiting for me to pick up :D

I just had my prescription fulfilled at my local (small) boots pharmacy - my last prescription had expired so now ive got to have my review a month early :-(
But I'm still 2 stone lighter than I was a year ago and almost a stone lighter than my last review in jan (even without the pills) do hopefully I'll be ok!

And I got 500 free advantage card points for signing up for their repeat prescription management service! It's great as my docs isn't in walking distance but they are so I can walk to request my repeat instead of driving to docs!

Hope everyone gets theirs soon!

I just got my back order of xenical from sainsbury .. Yay

If you cant find it I suggest trying a Pharmacy attached to a doctors / hospital.
Yay! At last... after almost six months I have had my prescription filled at a chemist I just happened to be passing next to a big hospital! Was in the Doctors a couple of days ago, with a different issue, and got weighed just in case and agreed I would try again if/when stock appeared. Just got to straighten myself out first... get the right mental attitude... give it a day or so and then I'm going to start with a plan to lose my 5% my Christmas. I guess I need to be careful for a few days before starting anyway... Also considering re-joining WW... although it's a bit £££.

Regards
ACH

Yay! At last... after almost six months I have had my prescription filled at a chemist I just happened to be passing next to a big hospital! Was in the Doctors a couple of days ago, with a different issue, and got weighed just in case and agreed I would try again if/when stock appeared. Just got to straighten myself out first... get the right mental attitude... give it a day or so and then I'm going to start with a plan to lose my 5% my Christmas. I guess I need to be careful for a few days before starting anyway... Also considering re-joining WW... although it's a bit £££.

Regards
ACH

Why don't you try using myfitnesspal? Lots of us on here use it and its free.

If you have a smart phone you can download the app for free, or log on at home on a computer.

I agree myfitnesspal is great and doesn't cost anything just your time :)

I third My Fitness Pal. Its amazing for tracking your weight and everything that you eat :D I feel like I would still like a *club* type thing to get weighed each week, but its just so costly, Im not working so £6 a week is silly money just to get weighed.

Back