I just had to do something really difficult

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Bigmama2littlemama, 23 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Bigmama2littlemama

Bigmama2littlemama Full Member

I had to make chocolate cornflakes with smarties for my kids.They'd been asking for ages, love em'

That was such a challenge for me as Im a chocoholic.

But I was strong, I was very tempted, but I knew what I wanted more, and it was'nt the chocolate :)

That was my first ever big chocolate test, and Im glad I managed to pass it.

Bm2lm xx
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. NooNoo1970

NooNoo1970 Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    well done you thats a fab achievement hon!

I know its so hard when cooking with the kids and its just a compulsion to lick your fingers!!

Well done you have a great resolve!!!

Lou X
  4. Bigmama2littlemama

Bigmama2littlemama Full Member

Thanks hun, Hopefully it will get easier, I have to do all the cooking tomorrow, eek

bm2lm xx
  5. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Oh I do sympathise!!

Having to feed my pesky kids 3 times a day is the hardest thing about this SSing lark!!

Why oh why did I start again during half term? I must want my head read!!

You did really well to avoid temptation though - well done!!!
  6. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

The Harcombe Diet
    Well done, just shows what you can do when you put your mind to it - chocolate pah - who needs it :p
  7. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    measure up
    Wow well done Im not sure if I could be as strong, though I dont want to put myself in the position to see .....lol
  8. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Well done for resisting!!!
  9. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Lighter Life and now CD
    Much respect ! That must have been hard. Isn't it great when you resist something though ? I like being in control of food rather than it being in control of me for a change :D
  10. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Well done, must have been hard, so a very good achievement
  11. blitz

blitz Silver Member

slimming world
    Well done on focusing on what means more. You are a star****

When Im cooking and I know Im going to get food on my fingers I now have the tap running ready to wash them to take the temptation away....So far its worked.:D
  12. georgiasmum

georgiasmum Regular Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge 810
    Ohhhh well done to you! I made pancakes today (a bit late I know) and resisted them so I am sharing your achievement!!
  13. lancslass

lancslass Full Member

Well Done thats great!

I baked over 1/2 term with mine last week,they did choc krispie cakes,sticky choc pudding and shortbread biscuits but I felt a bit of a buzz that I had resisted lol

Have you not been cooking? I cook every night for my 3 and dh but they are all meat eaters and I am veggie so it doesn't actually bother me,I find the only thing I find difficult is checking to see if the pasta or rice is ready..normally I would just have a taste LOL

Sonya x
    Mini likes this.
  14. clairabellx

clairabellx Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Well done BM2LM - there is a point you get to where your journey is more improtant than a passing food moment, and it sounds like you got there. My only real lapse time is PMT/TOTM when I feel that the world is stacked against me torturing me with food - but last month, even with PMT, I managed to bake , fill and ice huge choccy cake for mom's 60th, and NOT TOUCH ANY!!!!! I have found it hard last few days having diarrhaea as a result of some antibiotics to have my food packs - they go right through. I felt last night I had to eat something heavy which might stay inside me - so I had some brown rice (which I don't especially like) so my challenge will be to pick up with things again. I think the 'journey' is liek a series of challenges, but as you conquer each, you are better placed to handle the next! Kind of like my 6 year old and her Nintendo!
    I congratulate your strength and wish you well on your journey!
    Mini likes this.
  15. DEvans

DEvans Full Member

Wow, that's good!! That's determination for you.

Well done

Mini likes this.
  16. SARAHP

SARAHP Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    Highest respect possible is sent your way!!! Well done you dont think Id have been as good!! Sarahxx.
  17. GoingToLoseWeight

GoingToLoseWeight Full Member

well done for resisting temptation!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.