I just want to fit into my Jeans !!!!

rainbow123

Hi - I'm new on here and only added comments onto other threads so this is a first for me!!

A little bit about me - i work full time and also run a pub with my fiance. We have been engaged a while now but the wedding plans are underway and i really want to look stunning in my dress!!

My ultimate goal is to comfortably fit into a pair of Tommy Hilfiger Jeans that i have kept when i first met my fiance more than 10 years ago.

I have lost quite a lot of weight on Slimming World before and managed to get the jeans over my backside, just about, but couldn't get them done up hahahaha.

That was about two years ago.

The weight has crept back on - it's hard living in a pub what with all the drink around and also the crisps/nuts/chocolate/chips/lasagne/onion rings/battered fish etc so readily available.

I always use that as an excuse but since my fiance is an amazing chef i am hoping he will help me lose the weight by cooking some delicious synfree meals for me. My main worry is that since i work all day and night is putting the time and effort into having a varied diet.

Anyway i am going to use this thread for myself really so i can keep track on what i eat each day on my extra easy plan, but feel free to add comments if you want.

Hiya and goodluck on your journey. Its such a good idea to have something to aim for, in your case fitting into those jeans. I also had clothes like these which i aimed to get into and succeeded into getting into all of them apart from one which were a still a little too tight and than i fell pregnant lol so the journey will start again after july to get back into them. The only thing is sometimes i would get frustated if they didnt fit but i carried on and eventually they did so dont give up just carry on and those jeans will fit x

Good luck to you! There is a guy who goes to my group who works in a fish and chip shop and has lost more than 5 stone lol must be so tempting!

Good luck - it's good to have a non-weight target, as numbers can be so demotivating at times.

One of my past SW consultants was a pub landlady - she got some SW Syn Free / Low syn meals put on the menu. Lots of her SW members were happy because they had a good place to eat out, and it meant there was always something suitable to hand for her to eat as well.

Hope you fit in those jeans sooooon :)

PS. You might find that your thread gets moved to the diaries section, just in case you look and can't see it at some point.

Hiya and goodluck on your journey. Its such a good idea to have something to aim for, in your case fitting into those jeans. I also had clothes like these which i aimed to get into and succeeded into getting into all of them apart from one which were a still a little too tight and than i fell pregnant lol so the journey will start again after july to get back into them. The only thing is sometimes i would get frustated if they didnt fit but i carried on and eventually they did so dont give up just carry on and those jeans will fit x

Thanks Safia. I know everyone at class asks what my goal weight is but i can't really put a figure on it... i think i'll just know when i get there. I don't plan on getting too skinny as too skinny can age you plus i'm a curvy woman anyway so don't want to lose my curves :)

Good luck - it's good to have a non-weight target, as numbers can be so demotivating at times.

One of my past SW consultants was a pub landlady - she got some SW Syn Free / Low syn meals put on the menu. Lots of her SW members were happy because they had a good place to eat out, and it meant there was always something suitable to hand for her to eat as well.

Hope you fit in those jeans sooooon :)

PS. You might find that your thread gets moved to the diaries section, just in case you look and can't see it at some point.

Thanks! Might have to speak to my other half about putting more healthy stuff on the menu - to be fair he can cook anything so all people have to do is ask as everything is cooked from scratch anyway....... no excuses for me to fail then

I have no idea how these forum's/blogs work but they are such good reading. The one with the before/after pictures is amazing!!!

So far today (as i will probably have a little drink later - it is almost the weekend!)

Breakfast - mullerlight vanilla yoghurt with grapes added
Lunch - parsnip and butternut squash soup - and weetabix with skimmed milk (hexa & hexb) - i know a strange combination but i was in a rush this morning and really didn't want to buy a sandwich
Dinner - Chicken/pepper/onion/mushroom cooked in total 0% yogurt with mustard and rice

Drinks (so far) 1.5 lt water, three cups of tea but one i forgot about and left the tea bag in for an hour and nearly gagged cos it was lukewarm and SO strong!

Snacks - mullerlight strawberry and cranberry, grapes and if i'm peckish later i'll have a banana

Syns - not sure about the soup so i'm guessing at 4, oil for cooking the chicken 4 syns, leaves 7 for drinks if i want them later

Lesson learnt today - try cooking the chicken in water or roast it rather than using oil
Aim for tomorrow - something hot for breakfast, since i am working from home that is syn free, hot lunch and salad for tea

Last edited:
just remember to keep trying those jeans on, I had some trousers that were my goal to fit into, only to dig them out last week to try on and see how much more I had to go, only to find they are now absolutely huge on me lol, so I never did get to wear them, but even better is I have to go shopping for a pair in a smaller size. Keep on plan, keep trying the jeans and you will be fitting in them before you know it x

Hahahaha just tried the jeans on I can only get them half way up my thighs!!! On a plus point my normal jeans feel a little slacker!!

So today has been OK but i haven't had my healthy A or B or many syns yet but not sure how i'm going to fit them in as i'm just not hungry!

Breakfast: Four rashers of bacon (grilled), mushrooms (grilled), tomato (grilled), scrambled egg x 3, tomato ketchup
Lunch: just wasn't hungry so didn't have a hot lunch as planned ate mullerlight yoghurt with lots of grapes, banana and melon
Dinner: plan on having poached chicken with sweetcorn, peas and mushrooms with pasta and tomatoey sauce
Drinks: three pints orange cordial one cup of herbal tea
Snacks - none so far

Lesson learned: much prefer grilled mushrooms to fried, so much more taste, and no syns.
Big lesson learned: don't waste syns on alcohol, had to take part in the pub quiz last night and probably overdid my syns on vodka so trying to have only 5-10 today (syns not vodaks!)
Aim for tomorrow - no alcoholic drinks (till weigh in on Tuesday) try some new free/superfree foods

Breakfast: weetabix skimmed milk and banana
Lunch: chicken bacon and rice
Dinner: chicken salad

Didn't have my healthy a or b yesterday so made sure I got them in early today.

Lesson learned: drink more water. Woke up with a banging headache and realised its cos didn't have enough to drink

Tomorrow: resist a huge Sunday lunch.

Yes, it'd be really good if your OH could get some SW meals on the menu. I bet they'd go down a storm. There was a pub near where we used to live and they actually had printed on their menus the dishes suitable for SW members, including any Syn values. They even had a board outside the pub advertising the fact that they cooked SW meals as well as the regular food. The pub was always full of SW members and it was so good to just browse the menu at ease, instead of sitting having to work Syn values out for yourself. The food always tasted so much better too than if you'd cooked it for yourself! Just wish more pubs did it. Maybe your OH could lead the way! :)

Breakfast: weetabix skimmed milk and banana.
Lunch/dinner: beef, new pots, ton of cabbage and carrots, gravy
Smacks: none

Learnings: didn't pick at all today during Sunday lunch service so I can do it!
Tomorrow: stick to plan again. Working from home so need to ensure I get my water intake.

I'm struggling with my drink. Hahaha. No I'm not an alcoholic I just have a couple every night and feel like my syns could be better spent on something else.

Is a syn just a syn regardless or are some syns better than others. I guess it's best to have a variety and I know that doesn't mean swapping vodka to Bacardi or gin!

Ahh, good luck to you!

I saved a pair of jeans, which I love, but haven't worn as they haven't fitted me since 2006, here's hoping! x

Yes, it'd be really good if your OH could get some SW meals on the menu. I bet they'd go down a storm. There was a pub near where we used to live and they actually had printed on their menus the dishes suitable for SW members, including any Syn values. They even had a board outside the pub advertising the fact that they cooked SW meals as well as the regular food. The pub was always full of SW members and it was so good to just browse the menu at ease, instead of sitting having to work Syn values out for yourself. The food always tasted so much better too than if you'd cooked it for yourself! Just wish more pubs did it. Maybe your OH could lead the way! :)

I''ll try and convince him - not sure it would work where we are - it is a very rural pub so not sure the farmers would be up for checking their syns. They turn their nose up at salad and put a veggie option in front of them and the'd walk out :)...... well it's maybe not that bad but generally they like steak and chips and usual "manly" food

Ahh, good luck to you!

I saved a pair of jeans, which I love, but haven't worn as they haven't fitted me since 2006, here's hoping! x

The ones i am aiming to fit into are more than ten years old!! I reckon i can do it. I think i've actually only probably worn them a dozen times as i bought them in America and when i came back i met my fiance and started putting weight on as we used to eat out a lot and then being a chef he can also cook amazingly delicious food.

So today has been hectic.

Worked from home so did OK breakfast and lunch but then had to rush out to the shops to get my fruit, yoghurt, skimmed milk and other goodies. Then we went to visit a possible wedding venue and then went for a drink with my parents. I was really good and only drank diet coke! we only got back at 10:30 so i've had a quick snack before bed.

Breakfast: Weetabix, banana, half skimmed half semi skimmed milk (ran out)
Lunch: new potatoes, onion, beef, tomato, mayonnaisse
Snacks: grapes, melon and a ham salad sandwich on brown bread
Syns: from mayo, bread and possibly ham (?) need to check my book tomorrow but i have left it in the car

Drinks - terrible - only one cup of tea, two diet cokes and one glass of water!

Lesson learned: Am RUBBISH at making sure i drink enough fluid
Tomorrow: DRINK WATER

Also tried my jeans on again. Am sure i managed to squeeze in them a little bit more, but it might just be wishful thinking. My normal jeans definitely fit better and my mum said i'd lost some weight.
My weigh in is tomorrow so will keep my fingers crossed

Lost one pound yesterday - bit dissapointed as i thought food wise i'd done great other than missing my A&B one day....

Having a bad day today :-( i've stuck the the diet 100% so far. But i had a meeting today and am a bit depressed after that.... i think i'll treat myself to an options hot chocolate to cheer myself up - will look up the syns first otherwise i'll treat myself to a baked potato with proper butter.

Hiya well done on you 1lb loss its a lb nearer to your target. On sw the average loss is usually between 1-2lbs and it does build up after a couple of weeks and before you know it you will be at that target. Maybe for this week you could up your water that always helps to give a little boost. Also play around with your syns, with me i have a good loss of 1-2lbs if i eat between 10-15 syns x

You're right i must drink more water - off to fill up my bottle now! Also regarding the syns i need to try and think of some healthy syns if that makes sense! I'd rather not spend them on a packet of crisps or something unhealthy. Am thinking i might spend some on cheese as i have been avoiding cheese altogether as i love it so much i know that i wouldn't weigh it and just pile it on. But tonight i might have a lovely baked potato with salad and cheese mmmmm I have done really well on my drinking this week though! I went out on Monday and drank diet coke and on Tuesday and Wednesday i have had nothing.

Tonight i'll be taking part in the quiz at our pub so will be having a souple of drinks but will alternate the vodka and d coke with just d coke. I bought some Snack a Jacks today so i'll look up the syn value of these on the website.

Trying my jeans on tomorrow. I'm going to start taking photos of my progress - not a pretty sight at the moment as i can't get them over my thighs!! hahahaha

Back