i know i shouldnt of but damitttt

bridie

ok so today is my5th day from starting the plan... i have been strick as anything and not eaten anything i shouldnt of. and i know i shouldnt of weighed myself before the week was up but i did... and im really worried now as i dont seem to have lost anything :s helpppp

Bridie, if you've stuck to the plan then there's no reason you won't get a "whoosh" of weight loss by the end of the week, don't worry! Plus make sure to only weigh yourself first thing in the morning after a wee! :)

Please tell me to mind my own business but I can’t help be concerned that you hae a very low healthy BMI of 20 , and are trying to achieve a weight loss that will put your BMI in the under weight category ,
VLCD are designed for people with fat stores that the body can convert and use for energy and hence helps you lose weight .... if you don’t have excess fat stores I am thinking will your body try and break down muscle ?
This could be why you are not showing a loss at the moment – I am certain that you will lose weight on such a restrictive calorie diet but it might not be the big losses people with fat stores have
Sounding like a right nag here but vlcd are for people with atleast 1 stone to loss with a bmi of 25 or more .... I think for the above reasons :rolleyes:

no i wont tell you to mind your own business lol. im actually 5foot dead on, when i signed up for this site in 2008 i thought/told everyone i was 5' 2. and im not :( so getting down to 98lb will actually keep me in a healthy bmi of 19.1 :) i did ask my doctor if it was safe to do this as i was in a healthy weight and he seemed to think that as long as i was carefull and didnt stick to the lowest plan for too long i.e 3 weeks then it would be fine as im still getting all my nutriants etc :) but thanks for the concern i appreciate it and dont worry my lovely OH is keeping a eye on me. and believe me there is still fat there not down too muscle i promise x

if you have the support of your doctor and OH that's great

how is your water in take ??

mmm probably no where near as good as it should be :s not a fan of water :( could that be affecting it...

You're supposed to drink 3L of fluid/water a day on a VLCD.

Also VLCD's are only designed for people with a BMI of 25 or more who have a t least a stone to lose, regardless of what your doctor says. It's kind of worrying that you'd do this for 10lbs and that your Dr says it's okay.

I'm 5ft too. But I'm a medium build so my bones wouldn't allow me to get to 98lbs I dont think. LOL

I'm aiming for 112lbs, I dont think I could face losing more! But I'm already much heaver than you so I have PLENTY of fat to use as energy! :D hahaha

maybe you should change your height on your statistics

to be honest you are so light already i would imagine your body is resisting you trying to lose weight in such a drastic fashion , Maybe exercise would be a better way to shift the fat that you dont like , however that may mean you increase body muscle and your weight will stay the same

but if its the appearance of the fat that you dislike rather than the numbers on the scales , i think exercise would be a healthier way for you to be happier with your body

I'm nowhere near as light as you but I've been doing this diet for a while and have found that my losses have slowed right down although you should have at least lost your glycogen stores when you started this diet. Were you low carbing beforehand as that would mean that you had already lost your glycogen stores so you wouldn't have the sort of water loss that others experience early on?

We did also have someone on here who stuck to the diet for a month (she was around BMI 25) and she didn't lose anything really at all so I guess VLCDs are not for everyone, and I think that Phoenix may be right, it may be your body clinging onto the weight you have. Bodies are clever and will start to stop doing other things if they think they need to conserve energy if they haven't got fat stores to lose.

well im going to trust my doctor on this but thanks all the same :) and if the bmi thing is an issue that confuses me because yes although it says a bmi over 25, most peoples goal bmis are at 21ish and they will still be doing the vlcd so technically thats the same as me starting on CD moving to healthy eating which i did then moving onto this to shift the last bit?
anywho i bought flavoured water to force myself to drink more and measured myself instead of thinking about the weight thing and found my stats were smaller so i guess ill ignor the scales till saturday :)

Back