I know now I want a tummy tuck but where to start ?

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Morning all,

I am a few lbs off a six stone loss ( 22 weeks on Cambridge diet ) I would like just over another stone off.

I am of course very conscious of my tummy ( and other areas )

I feel pretty sure if I don't shift the excess skin it will be easier to put the weight back on as I'm not as happy as I would be about my loss with the skin still there.

For those who have had or are planning a tummy tuck, how and where did you start ?

I'm going to send off for some info but just don't even know where to look. God knows how I will afford it but I know it is something which I HAVE to do.

Any tips, hints or advice welcome x x x

Hello and well done on your loss! I know completely how you feel as I am the same, I started by going to my gp, he applied for a tummy tuck on the nhs and I got a no for funding but 6 months later I was feeling more and more depressed and barely leave the house so went back to see my gp several times so he decided to apply one more time, he told me not to get my hopes up, but 2 days after applying I got a letter saying I'd been accepted for a tummy tuck funding from the nhs! Could not believe it, I'm waiting for an appointment with the surgeon and then will get a date! Go to your gp! Make sure they will fight for you and good luck xxxxx

That's fantastic !

I sent a good few weeks ago and have to go back in around 4 months.
My GP is fab and said she will try her best.
Just hope I meet the criteria.

Good luck with yours and please keep me posted, you must be thrilled x

Goodluck for you! I have everything crossed for you! I had letter today and I meet my surgeon on 3rd December! This makes it more real!! Will keep you posted xx

Back