I love RTM food!

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
I could actually live on the food that I'm eating now - how lovely can food be!!?

I adore grapes and berries with the total 0% yoghurt and also had a lovely tea tonight too - made the ratatouille from the week 1-4 recipe book and had it with cauliflower rice and a quorn burger. Have to say that it was absolutely delicious and so low in calories!

I never realised - genuinely, and I've been on loads of diets over the years - that low calorie and healthy food could taste so great!

I'm also loving the snack of mixed plain salad with a touch of vinaigrette and actually craved more celery after I'd finished the other day! Extraordinary!

I'm suffering pretty badly with stomach cramps and an overactive stomach some days, but I actually think that this might the LL cranberry bar that's doing it to me! I'm going to have peanut for a few days and see what happens because I am enjoying my diet too much to have to drop something again!

Anyone else have any fave recipes??

OOh, that's good to hear as I'm a few weeks behind you.
So far just enjoying simple taste of food again, but do love garlic & spices with dry-fried meat/fish, and salad is amazing!

Sorry to ask yet another question (I did promise not to ask too many didn't I!), but what's the recipe book? Again I think I may be missing out...

Noo Sean! You surely haven't not been given the recipe book?? Week 1-4, which lists all the food, the little blue one? It's in weeks and week 4 recipe I think it is has the ratatouille and some curry recipes, which I am yet to try as the ratatouille has lasted me three days so far and I'm happy to keep on eating that until it's all gone! Really looking forward to the curry though!

Your LLC is a bit amiss not giving you all the stuff you need, especially in these early days when you need it most!

Hi Poppy

I just made a lovely meal last night....

Not sure what week people are on, so may have to do without the cheese - but it was gorgeous, and filling.

First, make this mixture:

Saute sweet corn, courgette, red bell pepper, onion and cherry tomatoes, seasoned with s&p and oregano

Then top a baked sweet potatoe with the corn mixture, 1 0x. shredded chedder (Omit if not to that week yet!) and a dollop of fat free plain yogurt or fromage frais.

Its gorgeous! :)

Another favourite is cottacge cheese, sliced banana and pear topped with yogurt (any flavour) pomegranate seeds, pumkin seeds and a tiny bit of lowfat granola (I make my own, if you want the recipe let me know - again, may be too soon, not sure when cereal is added)

It makes a huge bowl, with little calories. Satisfy's tecture and sweet all in one go, and is very filling. :)

Ooh, BL , they sound fab!

I'd love the recipe if you have it - sounds an ideal one for breakfast, which I am keen to expand on (having Total yog with fruit at the moment, and although lovely I like to have this for dessert or snack before bed!).

I'm in such a good mood today and wanting to eat salad and exercise is a real novelty - must be the sun! (Mind you, everyone else has come in in little summer clothes today and I'm still in my long sleeve Next sweater - do you think I might stop feeling cold sometime soon....! ;-)

hey, i know exactly what you mean. i don't feel 'deprived' at all that i'm not allowed to eat things like bread/cheese etc, to be honest i'm not particularly bothered. it's just nice to put a little thought into my meals and really enjoy it. my fave recipe has to be the tzatziki- natural/greek yoghurt with cucumbers and some cherry tomatoes thrown in with loooooooooads of garlic. just finishes the salad off a treat. apart from grilled chicken/salmon i haven't really ventured into a cooked meal yet. had a look at the low fat cooking sauces in different shops but nothing was even remotely appealing. any recommendations? i don't do onions/mushrooms/peppers, more of a mild and boring person really lol. cheers,
del x

My favourite things that have become my staples through RTM, and now, 4.5 months later remain....

lots of green salad. Every week I make a huge batch of salad consisting of Little Gems, Rocket, carrots, peppers, onions, peas and corn. Then I make a variety of toppings - egg salad (using FF or very LF tofu mayonaise), or hummus (I substitute Olive Oil for FF plain yogurt or FF Fromage Frais), or bean salad, or couscous salad, etc. That becomes my staple dinner at work, and a few peices of fruit.

Breakfast is usually porridge and blueberries

Lunch is usually spread out in "snacks" - yogurt, veg and salsa, a bagel, maybe a bit of cheese - stuff like that

Dinner is usually the same as lunch, unless I am home then I will cook a peice of meat, or tofu or quorn, etc.

And I have a couple of small squares of dark chocolate most every day, cause I read somewhere its good for you!! :D :D

Still rely on Jelly for a sweet, but vary it sometimes adding a pot of yogurt to it and mixing it so it gels and has a different texture.

I also dress up things with a lot of pomegranate, or seeds, or nuts.

I have just recently started trying some other recipes, and experiements.

I have found I can bake things, using silken tofu (whipped till creamy) in place of oils and butter and eggs, etc. I like to be a bit of a mad scientist and see what I can come up with. Hubby is always happy, so I must be doing something right. :D

Back