I love slimming world sooooooo much

clairebrookes

Just had a full English brekkie, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, fried eggs, tomatoes and beans..... Brother said hope I enjoy my heart attack on a plate... Ha only 2 syns for the whole plate. Best diet ever!

Yes, and to think it actually works! No heart attacks for you lol!

It's crazy isn't it! I find myself having really nice stuff cos I haven't used any syns. Saving my syns for a few glasses of red wine tomorrow!

Only on week 2 but so far so good :)

x

I love SW too, tonight we are having fish, chips and m peas, tomorrow's tea is steak, jacket potato, mushrooms and cherry tomatos!!!! whaaaaattt!!! xxx

Yep, its a great diet :) I love green days, as I love a lot of the veggie food products! Just had a lovely 2 egg omelette filled with mushrooms, plum tomatoes and spinach with 2 linda mcartney sausages :) having meat free burgers in wholemeal bun with THREE low low cheese slices lol for tea, probably have that with chips and salad again! We used to eat a lot of chips before slimming world and we still can!! Only now they arnt ready oven chips or fried lol

I love the meals I eat now, there's so much choice.

i LOVE slimming world too :D I went through a phase of having what you said above for my dinner for like a month lmao! great having such a bad feeling meal when its not :eat:

Louise2 said:
hmmmm, does it count that I will be having strawberries and blueberries for pudding? xx

Technically no but lets face it some meals just don't lend themselves to a side salad and fish chips and mushy peas is one of them.

However according to the faqs on the slimming world website the third super free isnt actually mandatory, it's a recommendation. As long as you eat most of your meals with a third super free then the odd meal won't make much of a difference.

Technically no but lets face it some meals just don't lend themselves to a side salad and fish chips and mushy peas is one of them.

However according to the faqs on the slimming world website the third super free isnt actually mandatory, it's a recommendation. As long as you eat most of your meals with a third super free then the odd meal won't make much of a difference.

well that is good to know, thanks for your help! xx

I count fruit towards my superfree if I'm eating it right before or after my meal! :)

The fruit counts as it is part of the meal. The only scenario it won't count is when you eat the fish, chips and mushy peas first and it fills you up, and then you eat the fruit on top just because you want your 1/3 super free. Only eat when you are hungry and stop when you start to feel full/satisfied. So eat less of the fish, chips and mushy peas to make sure you leave room for the super free fruit. Alternatively you could eat the fruit first and stop eating your main when you start to feel satisfied - that way round you ensure that you won't over eat and will have the 1/3 super free.

I'm pretty sure that if you are following Extra Easy then the 1/3 super free is mandatory, not just a recommendation.

Finally, I think fish, chips and mushy peas does lend itself well to a side salad, but that might be because I'm Australian!

Enjoy your meals - they sound lovely!

hmmmm well my fish chips and mushy peas were delish as were the strawberries afterwards...

What I probably should have done, is have the fish with a salad and no peas....buuut...I didn't think of that...lol ;-)

If I'm having a meal that contains no superfree, I often have some fruit while its cooking, such as an apple and nectarine. The point of it is it takes up room to prevent you overeating on the free foods that's all. But now and again I'm sure a meal like that will be fine, like someone else has said as long as the majority of your meals have the 1/3 superfree, it can't do much harm

i LOVE slimming world too :D I went through a phase of having what you said above for my dinner for like a month lmao! great having such a bad feeling meal when its not :eat:

I just love the meals. I do a mix of extra easy and green, on extra easy days I might have 'takeaway' chicken kebab which is just marinated chicken breast pieces (I use schwartz perfect shake stuff) weight watchers pitta, salad and chips, lighter than light mayo, that's for take away cravings! And on green days I might have spag bol with quorn, burger and chips like tonight, or last night I had the morrisons meat free kievs chips and beans! The diet is so versatile and is learning me too cook, never mind cook healthily lol

I have fried mushrooms, onions and tomatoes when I have fish chips and mushy peas but I didn't used to.

I have to join the loving slimming world band wagon though, just had pitta's stuffed with beef mushrooms onions and toms with cheese and bbq sauce with a lovely salad, was gorgeous

slimmersally said:
The fruit counts as it is part of the meal. The only scenario it won't count is when you eat the fish, chips and mushy peas first and it fills you up, and then you eat the fruit on top just because you want your 1/3 super free. Only eat when you are hungry and stop when you start to feel full/satisfied. So eat less of the fish, chips and mushy peas to make sure you leave room for the super free fruit. Alternatively you could eat the fruit first and stop eating your main when you start to feel satisfied - that way round you ensure that you won't over eat and will have the 1/3 super free.

I'm pretty sure that if you are following Extra Easy then the 1/3 super free is mandatory, not just a recommendation.

Finally, I think fish, chips and mushy peas does lend itself well to a side salad, but that might be because I'm Australian!

Enjoy your meals - they sound lovely!

Don't mean to cause trouble but it quite clearly says on the slimming world website under faqs that it isn't mandatory..... 9 times out of 10 I have either 1/3 to 1/2 super free but don't feel bad if I don't.

Fair enough - I'm not one for the small print! Although off to read it now :)

I read the FAQ and was going to paste it here but thought I'd get in trouble for that! The actual question is posed: Is a third of a plate of Superfree Food mandatory on the Extra Easy plan? and the answer is no but it is encouraged . . . So you are right Claire, but I don't think their question and answer are that clear. I can see why you have interpreted it the way you have (and like I said you are right), but the way I interpret their answer is that the actual plate doesn't have to be a third superfree which is what we were talking about at the start of the discussion. The one third doesn't have to be on the plate - you can eat it however you like, i.e. fruit whilst cooking your meal, or fruit following the main meal.

Whichever way it is meant, eating one third superfree works for me on Extra Easy :)

slimmersally said:
I read the FAQ and was going to paste it here but thought I'd get in trouble for that! The actual question is posed: Is a third of a plate of Superfree Food mandatory on the Extra Easy plan? and the answer is no but it is encouraged . . . So you are right Claire, but I don't think their question and answer are that clear. I can see why you have interpreted it the way you have (and like I said you are right), but the way I interpret their answer is that the actual plate doesn't have to be a third superfree which is what we were talking about at the start of the discussion. The one third doesn't have to be on the plate - you can eat it however you like, i.e. fruit whilst cooking your meal, or fruit following the main meal.

Whichever way it is meant, eating one third superfree works for me on Extra Easy :)

My consultant advised me to optimise weight loss I should either eat 1/3 of my meal as Superfree food or eat the equivalent of 1/3 of a plate of fruit, vegetables or salad prior to eating my meal. There would be no point eating it after tucking into a meal of purely Free Food and Syns as Extra Easy doesnt work as effectively if you aren't filling up on Superfree food prior to tucking into the remainder of your plate

If you ate a banana or a large side salad prior to tucking into fish and chips I'm sure you'd eat less or feel satisfied sooner than if you hadn't

I'm sure the odd meal without Superfree won't make much difference but you cannot count Superfree if it's consumed after eating your meal as your chucking the objective out the window

clairebrookes said:
Just had a full English brekkie, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, fried eggs, tomatoes and beans..... Brother said hope I enjoy my heart attack on a plate... Ha only 2 syns for the whole plate. Best diet ever!

Going back to the original post.....

Gotta love a SW brekky!!! I've been dreaming all week of a hexB brown roll just ridiculously stuffed with bacon fried egg mushrooms and a few slices of 'fried' tomato!!!! I love Saturdays!!

Back