I love wine!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Wine, 15 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Wine

Wine New Member

Hi my name is Linda - Lush to most people who know me well! My daughter is here with me and she is on the forum too - she is telling me what to put - she says I'm 50 - but she's wrong - I am actually 49 - so that's not really 50. And I am a young 49 at that. I love dinner parties - I love dinners - and I love having wine with my dinners! I really need to find a substitute for wine - I have joined this forum for ideas on what I can have and enjoy instead of wine with dinners.
    I'm 5ft 4 and my heaviest weight was 12.5 stone - I was going through a separation at the time so was drinking straight from the box most nights inorder to console myself. I did not notice the weight was piling on until others started to comment. In fact one of my mates - who happens to be very overweight sat me down and told me to get a grip coz I was going in her direction and she could see the warning signs.

so that was the point that I needed to get a grip. Another one of my friends did some hypnosis too on me - this was to help not only me but also my daughter since I was drinking with her. She went back to University and and I decided I had to change some habits.

I joined Slimming World in Shepperton. My consultant was called Maria - and she was brilliant! I started to follow the plan - I say plan NOT diet because it did not feel like a diet - it was just another way of eating healthy tasty food but without all the calories. OK so that was easy - but I also stopped drinking wine - very difficult for me - but I did it for 6 weeks. In fact there were times when the devil within me said - go on have some - but before long - I had programmed my mind to think that it was toxic - so I just could not stand the thought of it - it was really weired - I think that was the hypnosis. So a combination of the 2 - the weight came off very quickly.
    When I went to see my daughter a few months later I had lost over 2 stone.

I still need to lose a stone - I need to stop the wine again but would love to find an alternative that is as satisfying.

Good luck everyone!!!!

Cheers - hicuuup!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Elementhia

Elementhia Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
  4. maggie1962

maggie1962 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    you can get non alcoholic wine and some of it is quite nice but like you i like wine but have not had any for 3 wks doing herbalife:8855:
  5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Good luck to you both.

Irene xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.