I`m a bit confused.com (not hard lol)

I know I`m gonna get my wrists slapped for this but I caved and weighed myself yesterday :break_diet:

BUT...

I weighed on my sisters scales and they said I was 14st 4lbs which would mean I`ve only lost just over 1lb (have realised my chemist converted my weight wrong and my start weight was 14st 15.4lbs not 14st 3lbs :( ) . My sister is a bit dubious that they`re kosher tho...Soooo...

I weighed myself in boots and the scale said I was 14st 3lbs which is an improvement but still disappointed if I`ve only lost a couple of lbs in my first week :(

THEN... I couldn`t resist the temptation of hopping on some scales that were on the shelf for sale in Sainsburys and they said I was 14st ???

:confused::sigh:

I haven`t cheated once on my first week and have been averaging about 3L of water a day - A LOT for me as usually I go days without drinking - Bad I know :break_diet:

It`s my weigh in tomorrow and I`m now dreading it incase I haven`t lost much weight after all the effort I`ve put in :(

The other thing I`m confused about is that I bought some cheapo joggers from Tescos last week as they`re only £3 and I thought they`ll do for changing sizes but I tried them on yesterday and they fit :eek: BUT they`re a size 12-14 :eek::eek::eek:

Surely I can`t fit into a 12-14 at my huge weight?

I was in a 16 before, NEARLY squeezed into a 14 jeans but couldn`t do them up lol That was about 3 weeks ago.

Anyway, Sorry for the useless ramble..!

I`m full of energy today so wondering if I can get away with nipping on my cross trainer for 5 mins? I haven`t done any exercise since starting my diet Monday but worried I`ll go into starvation mode :confused:

Well done if u read this lol

/ramble over

LiSe Xxxx

:D Weigh if you wanna! but always do it on the same scales! at the same time of the day!
My chemist scales are 'taken out of a box' every time I go in. I go to the chemist on diffferent days and at different times, so I weigh on Tuesday mornings first thing at home and ignore the chemist measurements.
I know that my scales have not been damaged since my previous weighing.
Make sure you measure your bust, waist and any other parts you want to watch. Sometimes even though you don't see much movement on the scales you can see change in the inches!
If you don't lose loads this week then next week it should be loads, don't be disheartened, different people lose weight different ways in different time scales.
Stick with it and you WILL see good results
xxxxxx ;)

omg babes, was you on a scale hunt or what? If you was weighed at your pharmacy then you should only weigh yourself there because even if it is wrong you will always know how much you have lost. The problem with them converting is simple to fix but get OFF those scales :nono:

I was worried too but just relax and it will all be good in the end. Any loss is better then no loss. An I am sure you have done great.

Sacred

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES!!!! :)
Seriously, this is the whole reason why you shouldnt step on them. The disappointment can tip you over the edge.

Listen, sweetie, if you are doing the diet 100% you CANNOT fail, you have to lose weight, so stop worrying, this will drive you to distraction big time!

So, you have got to promise yourself you will weigh yourself only at the chemist, or if you want to do it on your own at home, only do it once.

Regarding exercise, you can exercise with LT. I used to be of the opinion that you couldnt and you would go into starvation mode, but someone else asked LT direct and they said you can..I think this starvation mode thing is a bit debateable.
Now, I wish I had started exercising from the beginning because now I am desparately trying to tone, etc....as I dont want lose skin or baggy skin!

I think 5 mins or say even up to 15 mins a day would be fine. I think it is more the cardio that you have to watch because you can feel a little faint. I know Adam did weights and think he went to the gym almost every night!! So, it really depends on you. Just dont overdo it and make yourself ill.

You will do ok tomorrow at your WI as well, just keep relaxing and stop worrying....

Now, regarding the chemist converting...I have the same problem too! I was so confused...as they gave me the kilo weight, then they converted to stones, but when I got back to the office and worked it out, it was different...I posted on here, and actually the chemist was correct, it was me that was getting it wrong..so now I use www.weightlossresources.co.uk now when converting!! I now just take the chemist's kilo weight and I go and convert myself...and they are happy with that as I was getting myself really worked up.

Have a good day and good luck on your WI tomorrow.

Totally agree only you know if you are sticking to it 100% and if you do, even if you are a tiny twig you will lose weight!

Back