Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

i`m new!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by rach3, 14 April 2009 Social URL.

1. rach3

rach3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Just thought i`d say hi to everyone! I live in cumbria, (but am from essex originally) with my partner & our 3 kids, 3 cats & a dog!! I started slimming world 4 weeks ago (4th WI is tomorrow!) i`ve lost 9.5lb in 3 weeks, i`m hoping to loose more than 1lb tm! I tend to do more green days than red usually but have had a change this week & had 5 red days this week! am a bit scared of trying extra easy! Does anyone here drink green tea? as i`ve heard its supposed to be really good for you, i got some today & am quite surprised its nice, it will save on using milk from my hea! xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sarahandmolly

sarahandmolly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello :D

Welcome to the boards and SW. Your loss is fantastic so far, well done.

Can't help on the tea issue as I can't stand the stuff and don't drink any hot drinks.

xx

4. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    I'm not a fan of green tea either I'm afraid!

Why are you scared of trying EE? It's really simple and I personally prefer it (and I think in the very long term, it's a much more reasonable lifestyle choice if you're going to stick to something that resembles SW to maintain your weight). If you've got any questions, just ask - I think it's brilliant and I know a few others on here think it is too!

5. niknaks

niknaks Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welomce to minimins hun. Get yourself a ticker in your signature to record your weightloss. I think they look really pretty lol. Congrats on your weight loss so far and i wish u all the success to achieve your goal xxx

6. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Welcome to minimims! I don't like green tea but I take supplements instead, much easier to get down. I do mainly green days. I occasionally have extra easy days, but I have to be careful to not just have red day food with extra potatoes etc, i.e. eating more than I normally would.

7. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi and welcome, youve done brilliantly so far, keep up the good work. I drink Green Tea very occasionally, for it to have an positive affect on your metabolism you need to drink 6/7 cups a day, I don't like it that much LOL!!

8. rosinakathleen

rosinakathleen Big, busty and Blowsy!

Start Weight:
    24st6lb
    Current Weight:
    22st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hello, and welcome!
    I'm afraid I don't drink tea, coffee is my poison!!!

9. rach3

rach3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks! How do i get a weight loss ticker added ? x

10. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    Hello!!!!

Welcome aboard, pull up a chair and chat for a while...LOL

Green tea is fab....but no more than 6 cups MAX a day and always have a day off in the week from it. The side effects that is most common is sleep less nights, and nervousness and irritability. Green Tea has a over 10 X more stimulant effect than coffee... thats why it speeds up met rate.

Best of luck on your journey

Phil X

11. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello and welcome :)

Well done on your losses so far, you're doing really well.

I tried the green tea but couldn't stomach it, certainly not 6 cups a day :jelous: . I have the supplements, 2 capsules a day. Not sure how many I'm supposed to take in order for it to work though :confused: Only started this weekend so i've not seen the benefits yet.

I do Extra easy, it does exactly what it says on the tin....it's easy ;) Just ask if you have any questions about it.

12. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi delhi
    How many supplements do you take a day? I take 2 and I try to take the last one before 6pm although tonight I took it at 8pm, I'm yawning now so I don't think I'll have much trouble sleeping...lol.

13. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    Green tea has great properties , but i only use the real stuff not capsules. But I have been told they are just as effective. But as I said you must watch for the side effects if you pop to many ... LOL

14. rach3

rach3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! and to phil for the info on the green tea! x

15. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Great loss! I drink green tea, not usually straight, but the ones with flavours. I read that 3 cups use up 80 cals. I hope it's true! Wasn't aware of the stimulant effect Phil! Interesting! I'm a lousey sleeper. hhhmmmm! Back to herbals after tea then.

16. rach3

rach3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    is the decaff green tea as good but without the side effects? x

17. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

Welcome and well done on your loss to date Rach3! I drink green tea now and again but tbh I'm not a huge fan, when I do drink it I need to keep 2 teabags in the cup, think I will try the capsules in future! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.