I Miss Biscuits :(

gingerlex

I can cope with less cake, I can cope with hardly having chocolate, but I am really missing having biscuits. I've looked at the SW website and found one lonely recipe for ginger biccies; but when a custard cream is 3syns and a SW ginger biscuit is 2.5, it's hardly screaming at me to get cooking (and I love baking).

I was wondering what you guys do to curb your cravings? I'm trying to fill the void with fat free yogurt, even though I'm not a big yogurt person, doing fruit with 0% Greek yogurt (yummy btw) but I'm having that and still thinking "I want biscuits"

Thank you in advance!

Alpen Light cookies! I think I found the recipe on here if you search it up? Either way, it made a fairly large batch, and they were free if you used the Alpen Lights as HeXB's.

ALPEN LIGHT COOKIE for all you cookie lovers

1/2 alpin light bars (i used the chocolate fudge ones)
2 egg white
1/4 cup of sweetener
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or any flavouring

......syn free if you use the bars as your healthy extra b

grind the alpin light bars in a food processor
In a medium bowl, beat 2 egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form.
Make a meringue by gradually adding 1/4 cup sweetener; beat until egg whites
are stiff. Next, beat in cinnamon. Gently fold in ground
alpin light bars. Place rounded
tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet (or use parchment paper). Bake
at 325 degrees 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Hope that helps?

Thank you SO much. I am totally tracking down some alpen for my big shop now!
I've found some great main meal recipes on here too, looking forward to giving them a go :) I made the 3.5 syn SW rice pudding last night. It was terrible :( didn't taste nice at all. I have read that 100g of tesco low fat rice pud is 4 syns - think i'll stick with having less of something that tastes nicer!

2 egg white
1/4 cup of sweetener

Hope that helps?

Have you posted this in the recipe section, I'm sure lots of people would love it and not even notice it in this thread. I'm certainly going to try this tomorrow after I've bought more eggs
:thankyou:

thanks this is a great recipe gong to give it a try. Anyone else seem to be using so many eggs?

Just wanted to say thanks to Heyxtara I have just made them. I used 2 Strawberry Alpen Lights and added the yolks back in at the end because I always end up throwing them away and I hate to waste them. I got 7 biscuits which are just less than 1 syn each or FREE if I eat them all as my HEB
:happy096:

2 egg white
1/4 cup of sweetener

Hope that helps?

is that half an alpen light bar or is that 1 or 2 bars please?

Thank you so much for this recipe. I had a serious craving for biscuits too, especially after the OH keeps eating chocolate digestives infront of me (meanie).

These really hit the spot. Maybe not put the cinnamon in next time though as don't think they really need it. :553:

Sounds lush. Need to try this!!

I know what you mean! I struggle with moderation so one biscuit would turn into a while packet before I even blink!

I think I'll give the alpen light biscuits a go! Plus is didn't realise rich tea fingers were only 1 syn

Ones that I have bought occasionally are coconut rings and malted milk biscuits which are both 2 syns each. I'm
Lucky my hubby hoovers them up quite quickly so they don't stay around too long!

Last edited:
I made there last night and they came out almost cake like inside. Not sure what i did wrong. Any hints or tips to make these please?

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Back