Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I need a fitness buddy!

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by snuggle69, 5 March 2010 Social URL.

1. snuggle69

snuggle69 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(29.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    I really need to start doing some kind of exercise, but could really do with a buddy, I dont attend ww, slimming world or anything so just not sure how to move on from here

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. amylou87

amylou87 Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    none really, am just cutting down and upping the exercise
    hey i dont follow any plans and none of my friends are on diets either. i got one of my mates to join a gym with me a few months ago and she does a class and comes to the gym twice a week as a social thing as this is the only time we get to see each other really and there is a cafe so we can get a coffee afterwards and have a chat...but i go to the gym about 3times a week on my own and its really good...you will find that people are friendly and will get a buddy the more you go as you will see the regulars. another way is to get wii fit if you have a wii but i find that its a bit slow but it may be a good start...you also could get a dance video like the pussycat dolls workout one and get the girls round for a night of learning dance routines, they see it as a laugh but you know youre gonna feel the benefits from it.
    hope this has helped in some way.

4. shelz

shelz Silver Member

I do find if I go to the gym I tend to need a 'buddy'. It is so much easier to push harder when you have someone there with you. I find when I go on my own I jump on machines next to other people, again just so that I do work harder than I would stuck in the corner on my own.

I personally havent been to the gym for a couple of weeks. I have been doing a fitness DVD at home daily - the Hannah Waterman one. I have received some very good results using it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.