I need a slap...

Sneeze

Silver Member
I'm starting to obsess about my weight again.

Two weeks ago I STS, last week I lost a pound and just checked today (don't weigh in til Saturday) and I'm a pound heavier.

I've just started at the gym a fortnight ago (didn't measure myself - totally forgot and trainer didn't mention it) but read on another thread that the muscle doesn't build that quickly so it's not 'muscle over fat'.

Came off the pill a couple of months ago. Got my period 28 days after coming off and am now at 36 days and no period. But then I read on another thread that gaining weight when your period is due is a myth. Plus I know it will take a while to re-regulate.

Am just so confused and annoyed at why I seem to have gained. :(

:8855:passes over a gentle slap - DONT SNEAKY PEAK....it cruelty to people of diets. Get someone to hide the scales or take the batteries out and hide them so you dont look. Your weight naturally fluctuates.

Now go and sit on the naughty step for ten minutes as additional punishment.....:):whip:

A big SERlap! (I'm 'orrible me!), it can take up to 6 months for your body to re-regulate after coming off the pill. You can gain or lose 2/3lbs a day just by being alive. THAT'S why it's best to only jump on those scales 1 a week at the same time!
Hopefully everything balances out and you get the "true" reading.
Over time it builds up into bigger and bigger losses!
Just remember when you get your car MOT'd although it's valid for a year your car is really only mechanically sound at the moment of testing, (you could drive home get a split in your exhaust and not know it for a year!).
It's hard I know, I do it myself but the only scales I actually listen to are the ones at class.
Re gaining weight at totm, it's not really weight gain more fluid retention, which is why it can go overnight! It doesn't happen to everyone. Some say the answer to fluid retention is to drink more fluids to flush the kidneys, I'm like an old man with a dodgy prostate anyway on 3 ltrs a day god help me if I had more!
Weight loss from the gym wouldn't show up straigh away anyway but it would in the way your clothes feel! That skirt that was always a bit tight on the hips is now slipping round etc!
But we shouldn't have to tell you this cos you've already lost 60lbs+ lol.
So do what Happytigger says and go on naughty step!!! lol
Don't stress so much, just wait and see!
Good luck

yeah I used to go on my wiifit every day and my weight bounced up and down something shocking. Now I try to avoid the scales as much as possible. I usually weigh myself on my own scales on the last two days of the wi week so its not normally a huge surprise on my actual weigh in :p

Have you tried funnelling that obsession into going back to basics and recounting your points... or trying new food, something you'd not normally think about having for breakfast or whatever. I find that helps me. I've got a very obsessive personality and i need to funnel it somewhere or I go crazy :p

No slaps from me! You've already done so well! It's not the end of the world if you've weighed yourself.

Just don't do it again :p

:8855:passes over a gentle slap - DONT SNEAKY PEAK....it cruelty to people of diets. Get someone to hide the scales or take the batteries out and hide them so you dont look. Your weight naturally fluctuates.

Now go and sit on the naughty step for ten minutes as additional punishment.....:):whip:

I knooooooooooooooow. I tell people that exact same thing when they post this kind of thread!! :giggle: ;)

Re gaining weight at totm, it's not really weight gain more fluid retention, which is why it can go overnight! It doesn't happen to everyone. Some say the answer to fluid retention is to drink more fluids to flush the kidneys, I'm like an old man with a dodgy prostate anyway on 3 ltrs a day god help me if I had more!

Thanks hon. I've been drinking LOADS of water recently to try and help. But have also been peeing like a racehorse LOL.

Have you tried funnelling that obsession into going back to basics and recounting your points... or trying new food, something you'd not normally think about having for breakfast or whatever. I find that helps me. I've got a very obsessive personality and i need to funnel it somewhere or I go crazy :p

The only change I can see is that I'm eating a lot more carbs now than I was. Damn you Warburton Squares!! *shakes fist*. Before I was having a no carbs day before my WI but was finding it too hard.

No slaps from me! You've already done so well! It's not the end of the world if you've weighed yourself.

Just don't do it again :p

Thanks so much chick. :D

Back