I need help - fast!!

GTPeach

The Nerdy Singer
I was so excited this morning when I jumped on the scale - 10 lbs down in 5 days!!

Well, I come home from day 6 and get back on the scale. I GAINED WEIGHT!! Almost 5 lbs of it! I went to the W.C., took off my skirt, and reweighed - still up 2 or 3!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I haven't cheated at all!! I've done everything like I am supposed to do - I've even managed to drink all 3 shakes in the last 2 or 3 days!

What the heck happened?!?!?!?! It feels Miserable to suddenly have my weight loss cut in almost Half in a Day! And add in the numbers up, supposing tomorrow is normal and I lose 2 more lbs, I have lost far less than the average CD person - it'd be noly 6 or 7 lbs in my first week.

What is WRONG with me?!?! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Your weight can fluctuate depending on so many things, it could just be something as simple as it being a different time of day. I can easily be 3 - 5lbs heavier at night than in the morning. Dont let it put you off. Youll have lost, no question about it. Just keep off those scales ;)

Chill hun...if ya just weighed now it's cos it's so late and you've had a whole day's worth of water and shakes. I'm sure you'll be fine in morning...people can put on upto a stone during the day!! A stone thats what a cdc told me cos of water, clothes, everything.

I'd say always weigh at the same time of day for a more accurate reading!xx

There is nothing wrong or abnormal about losing 6-7lbs in your first week hun (I lost 7lbs and was over the moon!).
I'm guessing you weighed yourself later in the day and had had at least one pack and god knows how many glasses of water!
Ask yourself this...how many other diets do you lose 7lbs in one week on? Do you weigh less than you did this time last week? At this rate aren't you set to lose your one stone in one month (if not quicker)?
Don't worry about it hun and stay off the scales, you're obviously not one of the people it's helpful for (I weigh every day because it helps me stay focused)!!!:hug99:

It's one of the worst feelings in the world to step on the scale - every time you have in the previous week had it show a loss - and all of a sudden half your progress has been revoked. :(

Dad rolled his eyes and told me that I need to exercise more, and that I need to not give up on the diet, already expecting that was my plan.

I said, don't be silly, of course I'm not going to stop the diet. (He apparently has very little faith in me when it comes to certain things) but that it still feels absolutely horrible.

My best friend told me little fluxes happen, and that I should only weigh myself in the morning, and I said I'd try not to think about it, but Meh!! It's so dejecting.

It is hun which is why you should try to avoid it if your one of those people who let it affect you. I am like that which is why i threw away my scales at the start of this...just couldn't handle seeing a gain but i assure you if you have stuck to it you will lose weight..maybe the odd gain during totm for some people but honestly try not to let it affect you as i'm sure in the morning it will be a loss.

Think of how heavy your water bottle is....now how many of them have you had today? Thats why it's gone up i'm sure.xx

I hope it's just water. Speaking of totm.... I'm a couple days late for mine. Is that normal on this diet too?

I have been using the scale because it's made me ecstatic - losses all week. Now, I suppose, I will only weigh in the morning. Thanks guys - I needed a quick pick me up to remind me I'm not crappy. I suppose 7lbs in 5 or 6 days is still huge. Just feels small compared to the 10 it seemed this morning.

Your weight can fluctuate depending on so many things, it could just be something as simple as it being a different time of day. I can easily be 3 - 5lbs heavier at night than in the morning. Dont let it put you off. Youll have lost, no question about it. Just keep off those scales ;)

GT:), hi,

I agree totally with Sandy here and there is nothing wrong with you honey. You just need to keep off the scales a bit and then you wouldn't see all these fluctuations and be upset ;):)

Last edited:
Well, I suppose that the me + scale = joy formula couldn't last. I've been its enemy for so long. But I really want to keep losing. This diet's been good - I've tried so many and none actually let me lose weight before. I just need reminders; I felt so cheated by the scale. I was like.... I didn't cheat at all, and I've been able to get 3 shakes a day in rather than the 1-2 I was choking down before, so what gives?

I just need people to keep me in check - "Hey, you still lost a lot!"

Well, I suppose that the me + scale = joy formula couldn't last. I've been its enemy for so long. But I really want to keep losing. This diet's been good - I've tried so many and none actually let me lose weight before. I just need reminders; I felt so cheated by the scale. I was like.... I didn't cheat at all, and I've been able to get 3 shakes a day in rather than the 1-2 I was choking down before, so what gives?

I just need people to keep me in check - "Hey, you still lost a lot!"

GT :)

I really understand where you are coming from when you say that you feel cheated by the scale. It doesn't have to be your only measure of success though, does it hun?;)

You've said that you have not cheated once and that you managed all your packs so YOU KNOW you are on track despite what the numbers on those scales say.

You are doing great, seriously and if you can focus away from the scales a bit, I bet you will feel better about the losses that you do see.

Not sure if I'm helping but I hope you feel brighter tommorow and don't take this to bed with you :)

Lacey..xx:)

Thanks, Isis. I do feel better. I hadn't even thought about those successes, but now that I do - it is rather awesome that I haven't cheated even when faced with my favorite foods, and that I conquered the hate-the-shake nausea to get all 3 down in a day, doing better and better, too! (Though thank goodness for orange extract!)

Do you know if it is normal to be a little late for totm?

Thanks, Isis. I do feel better. I hadn't even thought about those successes, but now that I do - it is rather awesome that I haven't cheated even when faced with my favorite foods, and that I conquered the hate-the-shake nausea to get all 3 down in a day, doing better and better, too! (Though thank goodness for orange extract!)

Do you know if it is normal to be a little late for totm?

Glad you feel better :D

Just keep focusing on what you ARE achieving every day with the shakes as it is awesome to complete even one day of this:party0011:

As far as TOTM, I can only say from personal experience that it has happened to me before and many other members that I know of. If you have any concerns then I would go and get it checked out so that you are not stressing about it.

Lacey..xx :)

Not stressing yet. ;) Thanks for the pep talk. :D I'll surely take that to bed. Speaking of... I need to go buy more orange extract. My tongue is full of salty bleck blisters and the taste of freezer burn, but I'm determined to conquer this! I will keep moving my ticker towards the goal. :)

Not stressing yet. ;) Thanks for the pep talk. :D I'll surely take that to bed. Speaking of... I need to go buy more orange extract. My tongue is full of salty bleck blisters and the taste of freezer burn, but I'm determined to conquer this! I will keep moving my ticker towards the goal. :)

You are more than welcome and I am so pleased that you feel brighter and not going to brood over this in bed.

You just keep that ticker moving towards your dreams:)

I'm curious, what time is it in Atlanta then GT?:D

8:00 p.m. on the nose. So 1:00 a.m. for you? Wow.. you must be a Late Night Spammer. ;)

8:00 p.m. on the nose. So 1:00 a.m. for you? Wow.. you must be a Late Night Spammer. ;)

lol.....no, just a crazy woman from the North of England who doesn't know when to go to bed for work tommorow and burns the candle at both ends! :rolleyes::D

Lol! I understand that completely. My best friend is laughing at me because I'm sleeping a full night every night now. Pre-CD, I might be able to sleep from 4 to 6 a.m., sometimes not at all. So the diet has 2 positive side effects for me - weight loss and cure for my insomnia. ;)

Scales Are Evil Little Creatures.
I weigh myself daily.. Cant Help it!! Bad Habit To Get Into.
One Day I Weighed Myself and i was 89.9kgs.. 4 hours later i was 91.6kgs.. i was like OMG!
But i was just told your weight flatuates. And I Was Like Phewwwwwwww.
But Yeah I Weigh Myself Daily Still But At The Same Time Everyday! BUT I Dont Count The Loss Till Every Wednesday at 7pm :D

You've had such sound advice already and i can only echo what the others have said. If you must weigh daily, then only do so at the same time every day, pref 1st thing in the morning and bear in mind that the true picture of your weightloss will be shown at your once a week weigh-in. Its perfectly normal to weigh more in the evening than you do in the morning.
Secondly re "only" losing 6 or 7lbs in your first week (should that turn out to be the case). You cant see it now because i've changed my signature for working towards my new target, but i was one of the people who "only" lost 7lbs in their first week. It's still a huge achievement, and you should recognise that as such, and it certainly didn't do me any harm as i have lost 76.5lbs in 16 weeks despite that "small" first week loss ;)
Every loss is a step closer to your goal, no matter how small. And on the days when you feel the scales have cheated you or failed you look to other things to keep you motivated - little non-scales victories. Does your waistband feel looser, can you see your shape re-emerging, has someone commented on you looking "different" or do you feel more confident. Draw inspiration from wherever you can and use that to keep you strong & focussed and to remind yourself that you're actually doing really well on CD thank you very much, no matter what those pesky scales are saying at that exact moment in time :)

Back