I need some serious support!!!

Souffle-la

Hi guys,

You've probably seen me on and off this forum, I started back on Slim and Save in Jan, did well for almost a month but since then I literally have been unable to stick to it - I'm really dissapointed in myself, been going mad, having takeaways thinking 'I'll start tomorrow' and then saying the same thing to myself the next day!

When I was on CD I did really well because I liked going to see a consultant every week, I felt like I had to stick to it 100% because someone was recording my weight. I guess on SnS I have felt like I have been able to cheat here and there, and I just spiralled out of control!!

So today is day one (again) and I intend to start as I mean to go on! I need to do this for myself else I am going to be miserable! I would like to get to 12 stone which is about right for my height and build. I want to lose the weight as soon as possible - I have my school reunion in september and I want to shock everyone haha!

If anyone wants to buddy up let me know, we can support each other on here!

Xx

Good luck. You CAN do this.

Good luck :) You can do it!

You just have to throw out the mentality that because no one's around to supervise that an odd night off won't matter. It DOES matter because you are losing weight for YOU - not the counsellor who weighs you.

Maybe write down and think about what the weight loss will mean to you personally, a good few reasons to stick to it NOW - like Noodles is doing, she carries around a little list around wherever she goes and it spurs her on. It's a personal journey really... you just have to find something that will make the diet click with your desire and motivation.

Everyone is here for you if you need it. I can so sympathise with you i do just the same ( if we are honest we all do, thats the reason we are here). Try and get your head together and take each day at a time. If you have done it before you know the first week is the hardest, read a book, or take a bath ,in my first week i was in bed by 7pm every night but it worked. YOU CAN DO THIS !! x

Hi Souffle :D

You can do it! I've been struggling seriously since taking a break for christmas and am now on Day 3 of my millionth restart!! I've set up a 12 week challenge on the S&S forum to kind of chivvy myself along and kind of have to answer to the others in the challenge if I mess up :) join us! I'm only on day 3 and another lady is on day 2 so you're not too late :D

School reunion in September - you definitely have time if you start now (so many times I've thought I've had ages to lose weight and then failed spectactulary, including being a fat bridesmaid TWICE *cry*)

Log in here every 5 mins like the rest of us ;) to moan, celebrate, ramble on about stuff.... it kills a lot of time in the day :D:D:D

YOU CAN DO IT! *pompoms*

Surely having to answer to us is scarier than having to answer to a consultant? Start a thread of your weigh ins and have us stalk you on there, we'll expect weekly updates ;). In fact, we can all be your consultant, we're around when you need, you only have to ask as you have done today. I know I bang on about Dr Beck but honestly and truthfully, I can hear her voice in my head if I'm heading towards something I know I shouldn't be doing (I've no idea what her voice is like, I have my own version in my head and she is quite matron-like and a bit scary!) - the reasons I'm still here are all routed in Beck AND the support on here.

And I do have that list - I read it every single day. I have it on my phone and have an alarm set twice a day to remind me to read it, another alarm has just gone off now cause at 12:35 each day I remind myself to give myself credit for how far I've come already. We are our own worst critic and we need to learn how to be our own coaches - a very simple technique is to ask yourself each time you think something negative about yourself - would you talk to your best friend like that? If the answer is no then you shouldn't be saying it to yourself. It might all sound a bit wacky but it really really does work :)

Hey everyone!

thank you so much for all your advice, it really means a lot! I really want to stick to it, and I'm definitely going to make a note of why I want to lose weight and keep it with me at all times!! I know I can do this as I have lost weight before, I just think I have been in the wrong headspace for the past couple of months!

I'll be sure to update you on here, and I will join your thread too Lou :)

Thanks again! I feel really positive now :) xxx

I agree use us as your cons. Even better we r here everyday. You can do it Hun just keep imagining how great you r gonna feel walking into that reunion looking fab. Allow yourself to dream and picture the day and hopefully it will help you.

Thanks, I am going to picture it in my head every single day!

the problem with me is that I'd never really realised my weight was a problem - I've never been slim really, but at nearly 6 feet tall most people would say I 'carry it well' and I look slimmer than I actually am! People constantly say 'Oh you don't need to lose weight, you're fine as you are' but they don't realise how horrible it is being over weight!

I would love to just be able to go out and pick clothes up off the rail instead of having to search around and hope there is something nice in my size!! I don't want to feel fat and frumpy after going clothes shopping!

I've had a milkshake for breakfast and just about to have a mac and cheese for lunch, it's my fave! :p

welcome, good to see you on here and good luck with the S&S diet, I'm on day 3 and its been tough so far but this minimins place helps so much as the others have said, just to be able to come on here and let off steam or ask for advice is wonderful and instead of getting one consultant you get loads!! Anyway I am sure you can do it and shock the heck out of them at the school reunion , its always good to have a goal, mine is my cousins wedding in Sept, I don't want to be the fat one in the pics, I will not be my ideal weight by then but I could be looking like a different person still. Em

This is for all our little ups and downs

05a32ce8e370ff41cf63d0450b57c126.jpg

and for those tiny slips

39b4a886e272d6b42188cccc0c08a1ce.jpg

Cherry Blossom - i love the car one. Genius! Might have to print that one off! X

Amethyst I'll add you when I get home from work tonight!

Noticed you're from Leicester! I'm from Nuneaton originally, went to college in Hinckley xx

I am orrignally from Wales moved here 4 years ago.. :)

Think you added me last night but I have woman flu coming and thought you were just someone random can you add me again Sorry lol... xx

I am orrignally from Wales moved here 4 years ago.. :)

Think you added me last night but I have woman flu coming and thought you were just someone random can you add me again Sorry lol... xx

Haha!! Yeah of course, I will do it tonight. Ah from Wales! I love Wales, when I grew up we had a holiday home in Saundersfoot in South Wales. Spent every single summer there as a child, I love that place!

Just reporting in that I made it through the first day! had a slight headache yesterday but that was to be expected. I had a porridge this morning, I forgot that it's like eating baby food!

Just reporting in that I made it through the first day! had a slight headache yesterday but that was to be expected. I had a porridge this morning, I forgot that it's like eating baby food!

MY do my own porridge using a shake I whisk it up in a bowl add a table spoon of psyllium husks (I buy mine from health online) and microwave for just under a minute it's really thick and lovely.

Haha!! Yeah of course, I will do it tonight. Ah from Wales! I love Wales, when I grew up we had a holiday home in Saundersfoot in South Wales. Spent every single summer there as a child, I love that place!

Wow that is on my ex door step. Small world.

Small world indeed!

So when you make your porridge you actually use a milkshake instead of the porridge sachets??

Yes. I didn't like the porridge sachets yucky vee. I use psyllium husks as they keep your motions good too and thy thicken the pack up to make a porridge. My fave is the choc cereal like eating choc crispies lol.

That sounds like a great idea! So do the psyilium husks affect carb intake/weight loss at all?

Back