I need sympathy!

kellymundy

Gold Member
As you all know last Friday I had my gallbladder out!:(
I had problems right from the start really, I had to have my blood tests done twice because they didn't get enough blood the first time around and they struggled to find my vein the second time around so I had to put up with a lot of prodding to get a decent sample!
Then when I had my op I couldn't breath when I came round and my body temperature had dropped quite a bit and I completely freaked out so my breathing got even worse from the panicing.
They finally got my breathing sorted and I got taken back to the ward where I stayed until about 5pm until I was with it enough to go home (day surgery, so go home on the same day!).
I've been stuck on my sofa since last friday with my hubby having to help me up because it's agony on my stomach to get myself up, I feel like a turtle stuck on my back just flapping my arms and legs around but getting nowhere fast!:(
To make matters worse I ended up at my GP's on Monday to get antibiotics because I developed (and still have) a very nasty infection in my wound in my belly button.
Sorry to winge on here guys but I just had to get it out somewhere, I'm just feeling so unbelievably sorry for myself at the moment it's discusting!
(sorry!:cry:)

awwwwwww (((((((((hugs))))))))))), i can understand your feeling pretty rotton, but it will pass and in a few days you will be feeling alot better. you wont have any more pain that the gallstones gave you xxxxxxx

Ahh honey, so sorry you are feeling so rough - just remember its not going to last long, and it has got to be better than gall stone pain every day for the rest of your life!!!

Just keep on taking the anti-biotics and all the painkillers you can (remember you can take an NSAID such as diclofenic/voltoral or ibuprofen, alongside paracetamol/co-codamol/co-drydamol). You dont get any medals for being a hero and enduring more pain than you have to!

awwww hun, hope you feel better soon.xx

ah, poor you.

at the least the ops over and done with now, and you can concentrate on getting better!!

hope you feel better soon and those antibiotics do there job!

arent doctors brill! x

Like Bish bosh says keep taking the meds and don’t be a martyr to the pain.

I had an abdominal hysterectomy 5 weeks ago. It does get easier – I sometimes think as women we ask too much of ourselves and expect to be bouncing around like surgery was nothing. Along with you breathing problems its all been a lot of stress on your body.

Look after yourself and get well soon.

Aislinn x

p.s Bish bosh - love the pic of Chloe I've just started doing scrap booking and card making to pass the time.

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time of it Kelly!

Love Mini xxx

Thanks for all your kind words guys you've really helped pick me up!:D
My CDC came round today and took my stitches out for me (she's a district nurse, don't panic! LOL).
My infection is finally starting to disappear thanks to the antibiotics and I can now get off the sofa and out of bed without hubbies help!
I'm still finding it painful to sit at the computer for to long so I'm not going to be back on here properly for a little while yet, but I'm a lot closer to being back with you guys than I was this time last week.
Thanks again everyone you're all lovely!:thankyou:

so sorry to hear ur not feeling too good kelly.
hope u feel much better soon.
if its any consolation, when i went for my 'day surgery' gall bladder removal i ended up in hospital for 8 days cause i developped severe pnuemonia after surgery.
i was bedridden for 4 days as i simply didnt have the lung capacity to move at all. it was hell and im very glad its all in the past.
soon u will be thinking the same hun :)

Hi Kelly,
Keep your chin up! Ur over the worst now... u brave girl.:)
Keep smiling and dont do too much
Jacky
CDC Portsmouth

Back