I need to get started! Please help!!!

Hi I started TS last year and lasted 4 days before I crashed. Since then I have always been " starting Monday" and scoffing all I can until that day came, then went to the following Monday! So I have put on another stone since last year! I comfort eat I also eat when happy sad any excuse I can find. So I have three just out of date boxes of shakes which I tell myself I will start tomorrow but I always find an excuse not to start. Please help I'm going nuts :cry:

nobody will be able to do this for you, it's all got to come from inside of you. find your focus, make a picture in your head of how you want to look by christmas. what clothes are you wearing? how do you feel? put yourself into the thinner you and how would your present yourself? what would your posture be like? what would your smile be like? how confident will you be? i practice this in my head daily and never lose my focus. you need to find something to aim for and reach it for yourself. we're all here to support you but change begins with you.

thankyou so much. I hate being like this. It's like being a child where you feel deprived. I use food to treat myself and I have three children and I don't do that with them!? They can take it or leave it. Sometimes think its an addiction not weight problem as was slim til babies came. Hey hear I go with the excuses. It's as if I have this huge fear of hunger

my girlfriend has done exante for two weeks now, she doesn't have a lot to lose but she was an absolute monster before when she was hungry! god forbid you were around here if she hadn't had her dinner for whatever reason but she has done really well, she's got a picture of what she wants to look like and that's the motivation she needs to do it. the majority of us are here because of a problem with food, it's all about over coming it and starting a new day of the rest of your life. i'm at the point now where food doesn't interest me anymore, you will find a great sense of self control which is far more over powering than having a belly full of toast or mcdonalds. find your focus, that's all i say! nobody can make the change for the better than you yourself.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Thanks, well here goes! You are amazing to have this great strength and to share with others. Will keep you posted once I get my head around this site. Big hug thanks Lisa x x

Thanks, well here goes! You are amazing to have this great strength and to share with others. Will keep you posted once I get my head around this site. Big hug thanks Lisa x x

good luck :)

nobody will be able to do this for you, it's all got to come from inside of you. find your focus, make a picture in your head of how you want to look by christmas. what clothes are you wearing? how do you feel? put yourself into the thinner you and how would your present yourself? what would your posture be like? what would your smile be like? how confident will you be? i practice this in my head daily and never lose my focus. you need to find something to aim for and reach it for yourself. we're all here to support you but change begins with you.

Great advice!! I will give this a try to keep me motivated!

Good luck Lisa, we are all here for you :)

mr. motivator, what can i say?! :D

Take one day at a time, you can do it! ;)

Thank you all! Well I started today, did protein meals yesterday with greens, and apart from the kids wanting feeding all the time it's not going to bad. Have been cleaning which has put me in a poo mood as I hate housework and being on a diet I feel like such a brat.
What I'm finding difficult is the something to look forward to later, as when all jobs done and kids in bed me and my pal food would get together with a nice glass of red and watch a good film. Hubby works away during week so I had my pal food to cheer me up. Will see tonight if I miss it !

Hiya, good luck with your weight loss journey, I too have found it very difficult and before today i have said to myself i will start this soon.. i was meant to start yesterday but backed out! I would always have take outs etc justifying them by saying thats the last one.. if i could count how many times i have said the last one.. lol anyway i finally got going and hopefully not going to go off track. i have found there is lots of support here so if you ever feel tempted.. get on here and talk to us instead! xx

Hi Hun, my oh works away all week too, so know how u feel there. I'm on day 6 now, and once u get I to it, it gets really easy.
I wanted so e motivation, so bought myself a pair of size 14 skinny jeans, and I just look at the every morning, or think about them when I get a craving! I know I'm not hungry, I just want o eat, normally end up having a full blown row with myself, but most of the time I don't eat!
Also, I'm a daily weigher, and seeing the numbers go down make you feel soo much better.
Good luck, you can do this, mind over matter!!!!!!

Hi Ellie and Leah , yes your right, is great support on here I'm so pleased I found you all!
Today done, must admit was starving about six but then fine after nine. Water just going straight through, but good am flushing them toxins out I suppose. Fed the cat a little while ago and thought it smelt just like chicken pie ! So I'm off to bed as I have visions of waking with cat food round me chops and an empty sachet on the pillow! Speak tomorrow x

Well done on day 1...you know u can do it now, so just keep going. Imagine how u will feel at first weigh-in and seeing those numbers drop.
Good luck for day 2 xxx

11lbs!!!!!! Wow thats fantastic congrats. Bet you feel great. :0clapper:

You can do it you just need to remember food will always be there but you need to do this for yourself and your own happiness. Good Luck xxx

Well day three and going ok. I tested on pee stick and I'm in ketosis!! Had to make nuttela toast for kids which smelt yummy but wasn't tempted so it's good. I'm glad doing this in school holidays as I think being around and cooking for the children is when I'm mostly tempted to pick, so if I can get through this..... :)

glad you're doing well so far

Thanks Pro. How are you doing?

I agree that making food for the hubby and kids is quite hard. So far though I am happy just smelling it!!

Back