I Need To Lose Half My Body Weight!

Hi everyone,

My name is Jo and I am 44. I am really feeling the effects of being so overweight now so I am all fired up and determined to do something about it before I die of a heart attack or something. I've just joined MFP and I am going to be calorie counting. I've faffed around with Weightwatchers for years just getting bigger and bigger so this is it. This is the big push to get healthy. I'd love to meet others who have a lot to lose and is in it for the long haul.

• I started today at 28st 8lb and I would like to get to 14st 4lb. I don't have a time limit and I want to do it healthily so I would appreciate any support that's going.

Cheers Jo AKA glittermonster

Hi jo and welcome. I have only been on here a few days myself. Every one is really friendly, you have definitely come to the right place:) I am calorie counting too. If its something that you might be interested in why dont you Pop over to the the calorie counting forum. They are just starting a Septembers challenge. You pick how much you would like to lose so no pressure. Have a good bankholiday., may "see" you over there cath x

Hi Joe. I have just come back on here been away a little while. I am a similar weight to you - don't exactly know how much working up the courage to get weighed. Maybe we can help each other - good luck!

C x

Hi Jo, I have a lot of weight to lose as well. Started calorie counting in May. Seems to be working so far :)
Be great to support each other.

Hi, Jo! Welcome and all the very best. I started out with around 10 stone to lose, so a little less than you but still quite a lot, lol. Everyone on this part of the forum knows what it's like to have a long road ahead and be in it for the long haul, so you'll get lots of support and motivation. :) xx

Hi nannacath and everyone who has replied so far, thank you for your messages and offers of support. I will pop over to the calorie counting board in a bit. I'm still finding my way around the boards:). Hope you enjoyed the bank holiday too.
cmcewn, please feel brave and get yourself weighed. Once you've done it you will have a starting point and can only move forward. You don't have to tell anyone your weight :D. I'll certainly support you too. TracyGWill, you have done amazingly well, what a total inspiration. you are so close to goal :party0011::party0011:. Hi to Tessa2000, all offers of support are gratefully taken and I'll try to help as much as possible as well.

Last edited:
hi jo
welcome to the borad love i will be around for along time and i have another me to losse but we will do it x x x

Thank you Chezz, well I've had a wobbly day yesterday but it was my hubby's last day off before going back to work so we went to Wetherspoons for their 'Steak Night' :eek:. It was totally delicious though and a nice evening out. We decided to do some more date nights as we just never get the time to ourselves any more.

I've sat and planned my meals for the next few days. I shall be trying out some recipes from the new Hairy Dieters cookbook. I've got the first one and use it a lot so I'm quite looking forward to some new meals. Tonight though we are having our old standby of lasagne and chips but the difference for me today is to only have 100g of chips and a lot of salad.:clap: I've calculated the calories on MFP and I still have lots left for lunch.

Anyway, that's all my rambling on for today. Hope you all manage to have a good day and keep going!
Take care, Jo x

Hi jo, your food sounds nce:) I am going for a pub dinner after work today. Hopefully I'll find something with not to many calories.
I am yet to buy the hgairy biker book. Only got the recipes from the shows. Such nice food. Doesn't feel like diet food. :) xx

hi jo
yes i have got my new hairy bikers diet cookbook im looking forward to doing the meals i think there great its not like your on a diet plus i love the fakeaways for the weekends
i agree with the 100g of chips thats great oh weetherspoons steak night oh i love it ohh i really do enjoy there food x
all going well again today up to know fingers crossed x

have a great day x

Hi everyone, just checking in again :). I think this will keep me on the straight and narrow.

Yesterday was a great day, I stayed within my calorie allowance and still enjoyed a nice meal with rasperries and meringue nests to follow. I was going to have some squirty cream with it but when I went to use it the nozzle was green :sick:. Oh well, I saved myself 30 calories anyway :D.

I'm looking forward to the september challenge mentioned by nannacath. I have pledged to lose 10lbs so hopefully I will do it.

I wanted to ask.....how do you keep yourselves motivated. I need something visual that I can put on the wall next to me to see how I'm doing like a wallchart or something. My daughter is buying me a blackboard that sticks on the fridge with "Pounds lost" and "Pounds to go" painted on it but I'm not getting that until Christmas. I suppose I could just write it down but I wondered if anyone else had a better thing?

Well, my evil kittens are demanding attention so I shall be off. Take care everyone, Jo x

hi jo i have a pic of me a year ago and now its on here on my thread when i see it i think bloody hell girl i also write down my losses everyweek on paper and put it in the fridge that keeps me in order but saying thats because im working overtime at work the last three weeks thats not helped me at all but i have not gained so i think thats a bonus x x x

good look jo for tomorrow

Back