I prefer winter!

stivesliz

Gold Member
As I sit here with the heating on watching the rain come down I have decided that I actually prefer winter from a SW point of view.

Winter = roasts, stews and big pots of soup

Summer = meals out, barbecues ( before anyone says anything - that does not mean lean meat and salad to me , it means lots of wine and lots of bread and pringles and dips ) and ice cream.

What does everyone else think?

Definitely not!! I seem to eat a lot more carbs in the winter, whereas in the summer, I'm happier to eat salads, drink water and eat fruit! Well that's what I tell myself :)
Maybe I'll do green days from now until summer.

I totally agree, I had my first stew 2 days ago & it was so yummy & comforting. I'm so looking forward to more :)

At the risk of sounding like Harry Hill...

I like roasts and stews and filling soups.

I like salads and bbqs and fruit.

There's only one way to decide....​FIGHT!!! :pillowfight:

Aw no you can't beat joes sausages and mash with gravy! You can't beat shepards pie or casseroles! Winter food for me! :)

Definately prefer winter food! Im not a fan of salads altho i do eat them.. I would rather prefer roasted carrots, peppers, and potatos(in fry light) with chicken mmmmmmmmmmm its just so comforting =]

With you all the way Stivesliz, I definately do better in the winter. BBQ's, more wine and ice cream in the summer are really hard for me to resist. Roast dinners and stews suit me much better. Emma

Huge jacket potatoes topped with mushy pea curry, hearty chunky broth with bacon pieces, shepherds pie topped with cheese, enormous roast dinners...I love winter time food! :drool:

Hate winter weather love winter food :D

Definitely winter food, real comfort food, soups, casseroles. Dug out my slow cooker and made a beautiful Chicken barley & Mushroom soup for lunch - cant do that in Summer can you?

I love both, but I do really love the food at winter, there are lots of temptations as well though. But at least we also have lots of slimming world versions of things.

I love having to wrap up in general to be honest. Although I look bigger in my jumpers I love snuggling up in them and wearing hats, mmm and low fat hot chocolates with marshmallows.

Love soup as well, going to try butternut squash and red pepper this weekend :)

Summer for me :-( I hate hate hate winter and everything that goes with it except snuggling up and feeling warm when it's freezing. I should live in a hot country as I love the sunshine and think I get SAD in the winter. I love salads and could take or leave wintery casseroles. Ah never mind, only 6 months till the clocks go forward

I definitely prefer summer and I like the different salad and fruit combinations but I also love winter roasts and we've just had our first dinner with mashed potatoes and it was so nice and filling Mmmmmm

Back