• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I really miss my morning vanilla/coffee shake...any alternatives?

Hello all. I am doing ok with maintenance but today I really really wish I could just have my old vanilla shake with coffee. It was this routine that got me to my weight now, and I could easily have carried this on alongside a lunch and dinner. I know the pharmacy would not let me have more now I am at my goal weight...

Anyone got ideas for a similar alternative? I don't like the maintenance shakes and hot coffee with a sweetner just isn't the same! I have even considered the Slimfast shake but have you seen the carb level in it !!!!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Carolanski

Back to it!
S: 14st4lb C: 11st0lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 25.6 Loss: 3st4lb(23%)
W8 do a vanilla shake - and you can buy them online. 10g carbs per pack.

They are more expensive than LT though - £49 for 28 packs. If you're down to target you can join their maintenance programme where as long as your BMI is over 20 you can continue having a pack a day as part of your maintenance - so £12.25 a week, no GP referral needed.

The vanilla shake is lovely and I have it with coffee for my breakfast too - and its also nice as an iced latte - disolve the coffee in a tiny bit of hot water then top up with cold water and some ice. Yum.

Just a thought - website is www.allaboutW8.co.uk

Well done getting to target.

Carol x

S: 19st4lb C: 13st13lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 24.4 Loss: 5st5lb(27.78%)
Good advise carol, something i may follow up

Isha

S: 13st5lb C: 10st10lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 2st9lb(19.79%)
You could also try Exante (www.exanteinc.com). The real bonus is that there are no artificial ingredients, no GM and no aspartame which is why I chose them. They are delicious too. Not too sweet, which is what I like.

You can order them individually for £2.38 each. 10.3g of carbs per serving (vs Slimfast 34.5g ) of which 7.1g is sugar (Slimfast 34.5g).

Let us know how you get on!

JanD

maintaining since June'09
S: 15st9.5lb C: 10st13.6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 24.8 Loss: 4st9.9lb(30.02%)
Have you asked your pharmacy?? I know mine would give me shakes, knowing they were going to help me maintain. x

It was a no from the pharmacy. Over a month maintenance at 8 stone 12 and no gain has gone against me. Looks like I would have to put on weight or buy from Ebay.