I really miss my morning vanilla/coffee shake...any alternatives?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Refeeding' started by dia1972, 7 July 2009 Social URL.

1. dia1972

dia1972 Full Member

Hello all. I am doing ok with maintenance but today I really really wish I could just have my old vanilla shake with coffee. It was this routine that got me to my weight now, and I could easily have carried this on alongside a lunch and dinner. I know the pharmacy would not let me have more now I am at my goal weight...

Anyone got ideas for a similar alternative? I don't like the maintenance shakes and hot coffee with a sweetner just isn't the same! I have even considered the Slimfast shake but have you seen the carb level in it !!!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    W8 do a vanilla shake - and you can buy them online. 10g carbs per pack.

They are more expensive than LT though - £49 for 28 packs. If you're down to target you can join their maintenance programme where as long as your BMI is over 20 you can continue having a pack a day as part of your maintenance - so £12.25 a week, no GP referral needed.

The vanilla shake is lovely and I have it with coffee for my breakfast too - and its also nice as an iced latte - disolve the coffee in a tiny bit of hot water then top up with cold water and some ice. Yum.

Just a thought - website is www.allaboutW8.co.uk

Well done getting to target.

Carol x

4. Yorkshire Adam

Yorkshire Adam Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(27.78%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Good advise carol, something i may follow up

5. Isha

Isha Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.79%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim/Exante
    You could also try Exante (www.exanteinc.com). The real bonus is that there are no artificial ingredients, no GM and no aspartame which is why I chose them. They are delicious too. Not too sweet, which is what I like.

You can order them individually for £2.38 each. 10.3g of carbs per serving (vs Slimfast 34.5g ) of which 7.1g is sugar (Slimfast 34.5g).

Let us know how you get on!

6. JanD

JanD maintaining since June'09

Start Weight:
    15st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9.9lb(30.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World, Dietchef, Lipotrim - now maintaining (I hope!).
    Have you asked your pharmacy?? I know mine would give me shakes, knowing they were going to help me maintain. x

7. dia1972

dia1972 Full Member

It was a no from the pharmacy. Over a month maintenance at 8 stone 12 and no gain has gone against me. Looks like I would have to put on weight or buy from Ebay.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.