I shall run 100 miles!!

Woodland girl

Gold Member
Inspired by JimOfTroys amazing swim across the English channel, I thought I would have a challenge of my own - want to join me?

I have recently been running the couch to 5 K and been amazed at how well it works. Today I measured how far I have been running and I shall try to run 100 miles! No time limit, just as and when.

Anyone else want to play? It can be run/ walk if you are doing C to 5K. Just add your name to the list as always! I will lose this other stone and a half if it kills me:eek:

Come and RUN!

woodland girl. 100 miles, 100 to go!

Hey, I'll join in with that - distances starting from now I guess (so will have to disregard my 4 mile run yesterday, and all my previous runs while i was doing couch to 5k - bah)

Should be easy for me to work out - I have a Garmin GPS watch which tracks the distances of my runs - I can upload the data into a running website which also gives me detailed maps.

I know there are apps for i-phones and the like that can do similar things, or if people want to work out routes and things, or figure out how far they've been after a run, you can manually plot your route on some of these websites:

www.runkeeper.com (this is the one I use)

Running, Running Maps and Running Routes, Runners Community | MapMyRUN

mandy296. 100 miles, 100 to go...

Love it! I've literally only just started the C25K (am on week 2) - but love a challenge. Good luck girlies - what does the winner (first to get to 100m) get? Alpen light bar? ;-)

Pinkie1973. 100 miles, 100 to go!

Yeah! So excited to have you along! Yes, starting from here which means I have to forget my other runs too!
Mandy you sound like a lovely techie geek, love it!
Pinkie? Alpen light, you will be lucky... 2 l of water and a grapefruit!!
Lol
Nah, that's rubbish, I shall have a large pan o chocolate when I have done 100. Set your own prizes!! Yippee. I am doing my first run soon in my new trainers. Hope they are comfie xx

Count me in!! Excellent idea!

Shazzabir: 100 miles, 100 to go!

Great to see you Shazza! I hope your back is better and you can run soon.

My first session done, in my sparkly (now muddy) new trainers.
I was pleased to run 2 miles in 25 minutes. But, I can see now that 100 miles might take me some time?!

woodland girl. 100 miles, 98 to go

Good choices! My fav when running is I can see clearly now the rain has gone! Sad eh? But it makes me feel so happy.

Anyone else have nominations?

Yeah, with you chasing me! Lol

So, I think we need to chose a theme song ...

Week 8 of the couch to 5K podcast that I used had Rocky's Theme as the last track - I LOVED running to that - ended up running along with a big grin on my face!

That would be my vote.

Thanks Sausage, fancy walking it with us?
and yes, Mandy I find myself boxing the air when Eye of the Tiger comes on ! lol

woodland girl. 100 miles, 96 to go

Today was hard work - cold and running into a freezing wind - I now have more respect for rest days and will have tomorrow off! Teaching all day so that can be my Body Magic ;-)

Thanks Sausage, fancy walking it with us?
and yes, Mandy I find myself boxing the air when Eye of the Tiger comes on ! lol

Today was hard work - cold and running into a freezing wind - I now have more respect for rest days and will have tomorrow off! Teaching all day so that can be my Body Magic ;-)

For some reason, the podcast I had used some rubbish instrumental version of Eye of the Tiger - not impressed.

But actual Rocky's Theme was brilliant!

Not making a huge dent in my target yet, but Monday's I go to the gym after work(I'm not counting treadmill running), and Tuesday's I do Zumba followed by my Slimming World group. I'll be at the gym tomorrow lunchtime but might try to fit in an evening run - just to get some miles on the board!

I'm in! And I'm totally counting treadmill running cos it's 2/3rds of what I do....

I also have new trainers arriving tomorrow - can't wait! Just ran last run of C25K W2 and I ran half the treadmill sections at 10kph (superfast for me) and loved every minute! I totally have the bug - Just hope I don't get injured.... :fingerscrossed:

bytheway: 100 miles, 100 to go!

Mandy, why not count treadmill miles? You can!

I only use it as a warm up for the gym so only ever do it for 3-5 mins hardly seems worth it.

I track all my distances using my GPS watch, or running websites - as I'm not going anywhere on the treadmill that doesnt work, so I'd have to remember what distance I'd travelled from the read out on the machine and I'll most likely forget.

Its such a tiny part of my running its not reallly worth recording

Back