I struggle at weekends!

NumNums

Becca
I've noticed that at weekends, I mindlessly eat rubbish. I think it's because during the week, I don't really have a minute to sit down between 6 walks to the school, then I'm in doing dinner, bath the kids and then to bed!

I can't really just take the kids out for the sake of it at the weekends because it's blooming cold and my 10 week old baby has a stinking cold, so I try and keep him in the warm as much as possible.

Nothing seems to satisfy me at all at the weekends.

Any tips?

I know what you mean. Guess it is the lack of routine.

I tend to drink a cup of tea whenever I'm feeling like eating just cos I am bored or whatever. Or have a small satsuma or summat. Low cal snacks like that are good.

Also, you can't take the kids out, but maybe do summat indoors with them. Then you'll be occupied helping them do whatever activity it is and they'll be entertained for a while too lol.

I agree with Bostik, depending on what ages your kids are I would just try to keep active in the house with the kids (i'm terrible at weekends too!), we play board games, play games on the kinect (which is also a good way to burn calories haha), reading, cooking etc. We also have a film afternoon once every weekend where we all snuggle under a blanket on the sofa and watch a film and have hot chocolate (cadbury highlights 40 cal one for me lol). Good luck love, I remember how shattering it was to have such a teeny weeny baby! xx

I know exactly what you mean. Weekends are so hard. Iv been trying to save some calories thro the week and using them on a sat or sun so I can have a little treat x

Weekends are my big problem as well, but I try to think that if I'm really good during the week when I'm at work, if I'm a little bit more relaxed at the weekends it isn't as much of a problem...
I boredom eat as well, so I try to occupy myself with my little one as well...do as much playing and activities as possible...if not outdoors then inside. This weekend we made a den and an assault course with the cushions off the sofa!

Back