I succumbed to a KFC :(

FatGirlSlim85

Does anybody else get that feeling of 'ive done so well, im going to reward myself with a takeaway'? I did it last night and consumed a massive KFC. Weighed this morning and was horrified to discover id put on 2lbs by doing so. Its so frustrating and it really wasnt worth it. I felt sick afterwards and full of self loathing. Was hoping to be 11.8 by Friday, but not looking likely now!

Sorry just needed to vent xx

Does anybody else get that feeling of 'ive done so well, im going to reward myself with a takeaway'? I did it last night and consumed a massive KFC. Weighed this morning and was horrified to discover id put on 2lbs by doing so. Its so frustrating and it really wasnt worth it. I felt sick afterwards and full of self loathing. Was hoping to be 11.8 by Friday, but not looking likely now!

its getting used to rewarding yourself with other things other than food....try and get into the habit before you start eating properly again. im trying to, my clothes cupboards are bursting at the seams !!!

h x

I used to feel like that. More pizza though for me. I can now reflect on what I'm thinking when those thoughts and feelings (your thoughts make feelings right?) come into my head. I can understand wanting to reward myself with something is what I'd been taught and had learnt - that food is that 'something'. I don't react to it anymore. Now I know I've just learnt this I'm trying to unlearn it. Its hard work this thinking about your headspace and food.

Worth it though x

We've grown up in a society that makes us associate food as a reward and comfort. How many parents give their kids sweets to shut them up, stop them doing something, distract them when they are crying, reward them for being well behaved? We then bring this behaviour into our adult life where we go out to celebrate and inevitably get a takeaway or go to a restaurant where we "treat" ourselves to what we fancy plus a desert. No one ever celebrates by grabbing a salad with friends.
When you've had a bad day you reach for the fried foods, the carbs and high calorie stuff. Again whoever said "oh man I've had a bad day, pass me some water and the fruit bowl I'm going to indulge"?

You have to break this cycle of thought. Food is not a reward. It is a means to survive. Reward yourself with other things such as a nice ling bath, a good book, a new item of clothing, go see a friend, watch a movie etc.

After all, no matter what's going on in your life, the answer is not in the fridge.

Thanks guys, thats top advice :) xx

Thread moved from 100% forum due to food reference

Aw :-( I know it is kind of a food ref, but I think that stories about people having slips/moments of weakness while on TFR are useful to other people on TFR who might be feeling the same impulses?

I'm on TFR and I know I have moments of just wanting to run out and get chips, and I found FatGirlSlim's description of being regretful and feeling sick helpful in scaring me straight!

Mod's call, of course, just throwing my 2 cents in :) x

Hehe im never sure where to put my posts! nevermind. Glad i scared you off binging Kirby Girl, its just not worth it! xx

KFC always get me too:)

Wish I had come on to the forum first when trying to resist the urge to eat..these posts are so inspiring.. Thank you ;) I gave into temptation and ate some protein yesterday & today and am only in first week of TFR ...now feel so guilty & annoyed with myself..going to try & draw a line under it & move on....am only human & have a lifetime of bad habits to undo...one step at a time..must try to avoid self-sabotage! :eek:

Wish I had come on to the forum first when trying to resist the urge to eat..these posts are so inspiring.. Thank you ;) I gave into temptation and ate some protein yesterday & today and am only in first week of TFR ...now feel so guilty & annoyed with myself..going to try & draw a line under it & move on....am only human & have a lifetime of bad habits to undo...one step at a time..must try to avoid self-sabotage! :eek:

Hi I have eaten a few slices of ham and it has Not knocked me out of ketosis. I had really bad pmt yesterday and ate a chicken leg but I only had 1 shake. I was out yesterday And missed my shakes. I weighed myself this morning and I was down another pound!! I was constipated but the chicken seemed to move things along for me. Just thought if I didn't give in to the chicken it was going to end in lots and lots of chocolate. Don't be to hard on your self it wasn't a binge!!

Hi I have eaten a few slices of ham and it has Not knocked me out of ketosis. I had really bad pmt yesterday and ate a chicken leg but I only had 1 shake. I was out yesterday And missed my shakes. I weighed myself this morning and I was down another pound!! I was constipated but the chicken seemed to move things along for me. Just thought if I didn't give in to the chicken it was going to end in lots and lots of chocolate. Don't be to hard on your self it wasn't a binge!!

Ham has virtually no carbs so a few slices won't have done too much damage as a one off as you wouldn't have consumed that many calories so don't beat yourself up too much.

Back