I suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by pookieboo, 6 January 2011 Social URL.

1. pookieboo

pookieboo Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    exante
    I need to rant So im sorry in advance :( But i Bloody suck at this i hate myself Grrr!! I feel so guilty i just want to loose this weight :( I have lost 3.5 this week but i go and award myself with food WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it And i know its only me that can stop it please help feel like a failure :( sorry xxxx:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Spinoza

Spinoza Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(14.96%)
    Diet:
    VLCD (for now)
    No you don't suck. You're human and you had a weak moment, just like we all do. Stop now, whatever you've had, and next week you'll have another brilliant loss. Don't be so hard on yourself pookie!

4. tazbabe

tazbabe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.39%)
    Diet:
    atkins
    as above!
    you can do it, you just had a wobble, not a problem, wobbling done, start over, sorted!

have a hug x

Quak likes this.
  5. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(5.95%)
    Diet:
    LCHF
    Yes, I agree entirely with Water, Pookie - just shrug your shoulders and put it behind you, hun.

6. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Start Weight:
    21st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st1.5lb(47.25%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I totally agree with what the girls have said, just get back on track asap. xxx

7. *Michael*

*Michael* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(25.13%)
    Diet:
    Low carb, now calorie counting
    Agreed. You don't suck. Don't beat yourself up about it! It's early days and I think its hard to suddenly cut most your carbs out. Like WW says, stick with it, you'll see some excellent results and get into it. It's surprisingly addictive once you get going. Hardest step is the first step.

Last edited: 6 January 2011
  8. pookieboo

pookieboo Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Thankyou so so much everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just Hate sabotaging myself Its madness!! Yes i shall draw a line and crack on thankyou :):) xxxx

9. ladyfelsham

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(5.95%)
    Diet:
    LCHF
    Hey Pookie

Just noticed, we have the same target weight - race you! :) Although I'm waaaaay behind you so think I can predict the outcome :D

Susie

10. pookieboo

pookieboo Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Wow thats Cool :) Would be nice to have a buddy :) xx 31lbs is bloody brilliant xx Reckon you will be ther befor me!;) xx

11. MissyMustDoIt

MissyMustDoIt Silver Member

Start Weight:
    146.1kg
    Current Weight:
    141.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.9kg
    Lost(%):
    5kg(3.42%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/bariatric surgery/Slimmm
    to get rid of carb overload make sure you drink enough water to flush them out and eat strict induction.....1 blip isnt going to kill you! punishing yourself for a week will get you a fatter ass ;) xx

12. *Michael*

*Michael* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(25.13%)
    Diet:
    Low carb, now calorie counting
    Also, what's this all about! Obviously some will be water loss, but alot of ppl on other types of diet would but envious of losing 3.5lb in a month, let alone a week!! :)

You've got off to a good start! :)

13. Quak

Quak Gold Member

I agree with Michael on the above post!

14. ladyfelsham

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(5.95%)
    Diet:
    LCHF
    Thx hun - will be fun :)

And Michael is spot on, be proud of any loss - imagine it as pound packets of butter piled up!

15. Spinoza

Spinoza Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(14.96%)
    Diet:
    VLCD (for now)
    Good idea Susie. Tinkerbell from the Lipotrim forum actually bought actual 2lb bags of sugar and stacked them up in her house as she lost. They must have taken up half the kitchen eventually because she did really really well.

Must go find Tink's diary. :D

16. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi pookie, I've just joined and finding it pretty tough going. Think we need to just keep going as best we can. I have to admit that i wouldnt have lasted even 3 days if we hadnt emptied the whole house of all temptation except some food in a cupboard for dd - then went shopping and loaded the fridge with stuff that's legal.

Good luck and let's agree to forgive ourselves when we surely slip up!

17. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Pookie, we've all been there love, the trick is to reward yourself with something legal, that's what I used to do love.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Ossireo

Ossireo Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Totally echo what everyone says and please try to not be so hard on yourself. This week I should be 100% but I haven;t been but I am just going with the flow atm as I know Atkins really is the way forward even if I plod :)

As someone that really struggles to lose weight and a self proclaimed expert on self sabotage ;) there are a couple of things you need to try to remind yourself.

1. You didn't get to this weight overnight, and you will have picked up the sabotage habit over a period of time. Like any bad habit, they take longer to break than form! However you will be able to break it as your confidence with food grows.

2. You have to try to not be so hard on yourself, guilt is a nightmare and it can actually lead to more eating! Just remind yourself that no one is perfect, I am sure there are very few that follow a diet 100% all the time and lose weight every week.

3. Just look at Jim - I've not seen a finer example of someone who now controls his food and rarely lets it control him (that may be an army mentality creeping in though!). He does have carby times which he plans for (does strict induction before and after) but he is in control. My aim since being here is to try to get into that similar mentality!

4. Try to work out your weakest moments - if it is after weighing, have a gorgeous legal snack waiting for you. Mine is after work, so I have mini marmite cheeses to grab - I think it was Water that mentioned that she has a bag of brazils in handbag incase of emergencies when out :) Little things like that can help a lot I think :)

ditzeeblonde likes this.
  20. ladyfelsham

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(5.95%)
    Diet:
    LCHF
    Brilliant post, Oss - am going to print that out and keep it handy.

I also carry small bags of pork scratchings around with me, and a bottle of water.

21. Slim for summer

Slim for summer Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hello Pookie,

Please don't beat yourself up, just keep going, we're all human. Might be worth exploring (in a non-beating up sort of way) whether you might have sligohtly overdone your carbs prior to the food reward (I know when I'm at the higher end, or if I've eaten a lot of my carbs in one go I tend to get subconscious thoughts about eating naughties. Also, check you're having enough protein. I looked in the Atkins book and there was a chart saying how much protein to eat. For my height, it said 18oz per day. This was double what I had been eating for the first couple of days. Once I upped the protein I pretty much stopped thinking about food at all (and have even started leaving food on my plate - never before heard of).

Best of luck - keep going and keep coming in here and talking to everyone.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.