i think ive made a mistake!!!!!

daisey

:mad: hi everyone!

i bought some fibogel today and had one this morning!! but its orange flavour!!

would this take me out of ketosis??

it only sais 3.5g ispaghula husk B.P in orange flavoured base with sodium, sweetners, potassium bicarbinate silca colloldal anhydrous, citric acid and beta with carotene colouring!

:mad:

It's supposed to be plain but I tried the orange one when I first started LT last year and it didn't have any real affect on my weight loss.

Heya, I think you can only have fibreclear & senokot, anything containing citric acid is a no go :(

You might be ok if the citric acid is low enough, just continue the diet regardless and see how your weigh progresses. A bit of citric acid won't knock you out but our tollerances do vary from person to person. Even the flapjacks contain some citric acid.

oh i really hope not! i have just carried on anyway and i will get weighed in the morning!

thanks you everyone x

Some people are very sensitive to citric acid on a vlcd and I am one of them... what happened was I had a fizzy water when out and there was a slice of fresh cut lemon in it...I drank the water with the lemon as I did not want to be sticking my hand into the glass to retrieve the lemon.

It did not take long before I was feeling ravenous... it was an awful shock to my system as I had been in deep ketosis for several weeks with no hunger feelings during this time.

Citric acid does not affect your weight loss...it's just the danger of letting the hunger monster in and losing control.

oh great, thats fine! i can deal with the hunger!! i just really want a good loss this week!! x

Back