I think my user name should be Fat Alice!!!

flops

At the begining of spring this year, I weighed 18 stones and 7lbs. It just crept up on me. A minute on the lips a lifetime on the hips sums it up. Over the years I have tried many diets, lost the weight and piled it all back on again.
I am now attacking it from a differnet angle: Slowly but surely, take it a chunk at a time is my watchword. I eat 3 meals a day. If I fancy a chippy meal I use the actifry and fry ups are now grill ups. I walk as much as I can, but my joints are very painful still. My doctor says I'm doing well but I feel I need support. I have lost a stone, but obviously have a good way to go yet. May I join you please?

Welcome to MiniMins:welcome2:

You are doing very well with all the good changes to healthy eating and well done you on losing one stone:happy096:

I started out myself at the beginning of the year a little over 18 stone and I had aches and pains and thankfully they seem to be gone for now and I am feeling much better in myself with over three stone off.

We have a Healthy Eating Forum and you might like to post there as well as in this forum, here is the link below and if you click on it it will take you there.

Healthy Eating Forum

If you need any help please ask:)

Hi Alice, (I presume that's uour name!?) .. Welcome to the forum.
You have come to the right place for help and support.. there's a really friendly bunch on here.. :)
Good for you getting into shape now is soo important, take it from me a few years on and it becomes twice as difficult especially when the bones start to seize up.
Well done on losing a stone so far... :happy036:
Wish you all success in your continuing journey.

Hi Alice,
Have you considered something maybe lower impact so its not so hard on the joints? I have found swimming and using my cross trainer is gentle on my joints. But also I have heard cycling stationary or otherwise is also good for having less pressure on them. Well done on your weight loss so far, I am like you going it alone with a more healthy lifestyle which is probably better than others I have tried in the past. All the best with the rest of your journey

Hi Alice, I agree with xMariex re swimming - it's low impact and aerobic so win win! Good luck x

Back