I thought it was free!!!?!!?!!

LizzyC86

I have just found out that ALDI Mackerel in tomato sauce is 1.5syns per tin!:cry: I have this all the time for salads of part of a quick meal! It says in the sw books that mackerel in tom sauce is free...but i made this discovery going through my food directory.

Has anyone else ever made any shock syn discoveries on food they thought was free?

Some brands will be free, but ingredients will vary and some contain oil, so you should always check syns online or input nutritional information in the syns calculator.

just so you know, these are the ones that are free:

John West Mackerel Fillets in Tomato Sauce, canned, 100g Free Free 8
Sainsbury's Mackerel Fillets in Tomato Sauce, canned, 100g Free Free
John West Mackerel Fillets in Spicy Tomato Sauce, canned, 100g Free Free 8 1/2
Princes Mackerel Fillets in Rich Tomato Sauce, canned, 100g Free Free 10
Morrisons Mackerel in a Spicy Tomato Sauce, 125g can, 100g Free Free 10
Princes Mackerel Fillets in Spicy Tomato Sauce, canned, 125g can Free Free 12 1/2
Sainsbury's Mackerel Fillets in Spicy Tomato Sauce, canned, 100g Free Free 6

Thank you BritMum thats really useful. i think i better try some other things that I eat alot of now.

Yip, the same thing happened to me with Passata. I was under the impression that Passata was free - full stop. Then one night I was using it and absent mindedly happened to glance at the ingredients on the back, where I noticed it had olive oil in it.

I then looked it up online, and that particular brand was synned (it was an Asda one, called Rustic Passata, I think)

Back