I Used To Be Fat

OddSock

Veggiesaurus
Hi everyone!

I'm sure some of you have probably already seen this, but there's a new programme on MTV called I Used To Be Fat, which follows young people (18-19 years old) as they diet and exercise to lose weight. Some of the goals are maybe not quite so achievable without a personal trainer on hand, but it's pretty good inspiration to watch people lose massive amounts of weight without surgery or silly crash diets! Here's a link to the first episode:

I Used To Be Fat | 101 | Part 1 | I Used To Be Fat | Video | MTV UK

Thank you so much for that link. When I clicked on it I saw that I can also watch all the other episodes. We do not get MTV. What a bonus.

As I am housebound at the moment with a rotten cold and sore throat I will have the time to watch it all later in the day and now I have the link for future episodes so it is a great big enormous thank you from me...............

I caught the last half of one of these last week, the transformation in the girl was wonderful. She had a horrible mum (mom!) though who confessed to buying cookies, leaving them on the counter as temptation and then searching this girl's bedroom for the evidence that she'd eaten them. They made up in the end but it was painful to watch.

Fillymum, hope you feel better soon lovely xxx

Thanks oddsock - like fillymum said, can't get MTV here so good to have found this.
Just watched the first 2 parts and at the moment I would like to meet her mum and give her a piece of my mind! Why keep leaving cookies out to test her and then berate her when she fails! Grrrrrrr
Now off to watch the rest.

I know, her mum wasn't exactly supportive! There's a girl later in the series whose dad keeps telling her to lose weight so she can get a boyfriend, I couldn't believe it! You can really see where some of their self-esteem issues come from. I think it's a good example of the benefits of a lifestyle change, although the regimes are obviously more intensive than some of ours!

Will definately watch this at some point, thanks very much for the linK! :)

Thanks for all the messages everyone, you're all very welcome! I've watched most of them online now and it's a really good programme, shows some aspects of the emotional side of weight loss and it's nice to see the results of all their hard work!

Thanks for the link. That mom in the first one seems very unsupportive!

I know, her mum wasn't exactly supportive! There's a girl later in the series whose dad keeps telling her to lose weight so she can get a boyfriend, I couldn't believe it! You can really see where some of their self-esteem issues come from. I think it's a good example of the benefits of a lifestyle change, although the regimes are obviously more intensive than some of ours!

What he really should have said, is that if you loose a bit of weight it would enable you to have more choice and you wouldnt have to end up with a boyfriend that is exactly as pig ignorant as me (dad speaking, not me :D)

Back