Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I wamt to enter the 2009 London Marathon

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by MartynH, 26 May 2008 Social URL.

1. MartynH

MartynH Member

Diet:
    CD
    I want to try and get a place in the 2009 London Marathon. I have been looking for a target to aim for and I can't think of a better one. I have applied through a couple of sources but if anyone has a place that they don't need I would love to take it. We could discuss where the funds raised would go.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Hey Martyn, what a brilliant idea and (as your CDC ;)) I'm dead proud of you for even thinking about it!

Why don't you contact Mindless and get his advice as he did the London Marathon this year after losing a spectacular amount of weight. I'm sure he'll be able to give you a few hints and tips.

See you soon :)

4. Camilla

Camilla Silver Member

I've applied too and like you I really want a place! I'd love to run for a cancer charity or a charity to help fulfull terminally ill children's last wishes. Fingers crossed I get a place XX

5. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Good luck to you too Camilla :)

6. Camilla

Camilla Silver Member

Thanks! I applied as I was watching this year's! I won't know until October/November time whether I've been successful, but here's hoping!!! X

7. Sam25

Sam25 Silver Member

Diet:
    Harcombe Diet
    Hi there... I ran it this year through charity and have applied to run it in 2009. Do you run already? ;)

8. Camilla

Camilla Silver Member

At the moment the only answer to that would be a clear no! However, I am starting to train as I want a really good time! Please can I ask how long it took you? X

9. Sam25

Sam25 Silver Member

Diet:
    Harcombe Diet
    I ran London in 5(ish) hours which was slower than I had wanted... Am running the Chicago Marathon in October so hope to be a little quicker and a little slimmer... You should make sure you start training slowley i.e. walk/run and build up gradually... Lisa Jackson (a friend of mine) wrote a good book (Running Made Easy) which I used as a starter! Don't hesitate to ask for advice... :)

10. Camilla

Camilla Silver Member

I'd love to be able to write to you for advice!
    Thank you! XX

11. Sam25

Sam25 Silver Member

Diet:
    Harcombe Diet
    Please do... am happy to help! :D

12. MartynH

MartynH Member

Diet:
    CD
    Looks like I've got a place, just waiting for confirmation. I'll start a new thread when it comes through.

13. Tarragon

Tarragon Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Diet:
    Still considering
    Well done you, what an inspiration. I can't wait to see how you do.:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.