I wamt to enter the 2009 London Marathon

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by MartynH, 26 May 2008 Social URL.

1. MartynH

MartynH Member

Diet:
    CD
    I want to try and get a place in the 2009 London Marathon. I have been looking for a target to aim for and I can't think of a better one. I have applied through a couple of sources but if anyone has a place that they don't need I would love to take it. We could discuss where the funds raised would go.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Hey Martyn, what a brilliant idea and (as your CDC ;)) I'm dead proud of you for even thinking about it!

Why don't you contact Mindless and get his advice as he did the London Marathon this year after losing a spectacular amount of weight. I'm sure he'll be able to give you a few hints and tips.

See you soon :)

4. Camilla

Camilla Silver Member

I've applied too and like you I really want a place! I'd love to run for a cancer charity or a charity to help fulfull terminally ill children's last wishes. Fingers crossed I get a place XX

5. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Good luck to you too Camilla :)

6. Camilla

Camilla Silver Member

Thanks! I applied as I was watching this year's! I won't know until October/November time whether I've been successful, but here's hoping!!! X

7. Sam25

Sam25 Silver Member

Diet:
    Harcombe Diet
    Hi there... I ran it this year through charity and have applied to run it in 2009. Do you run already? ;)

8. Camilla

Camilla Silver Member

At the moment the only answer to that would be a clear no! However, I am starting to train as I want a really good time! Please can I ask how long it took you? X

9. Sam25

Sam25 Silver Member

Diet:
    Harcombe Diet
    I ran London in 5(ish) hours which was slower than I had wanted... Am running the Chicago Marathon in October so hope to be a little quicker and a little slimmer... You should make sure you start training slowley i.e. walk/run and build up gradually... Lisa Jackson (a friend of mine) wrote a good book (Running Made Easy) which I used as a starter! Don't hesitate to ask for advice... :)

10. Camilla

Camilla Silver Member

I'd love to be able to write to you for advice!
    Thank you! XX

11. Sam25

Sam25 Silver Member

Diet:
    Harcombe Diet
    Please do... am happy to help! :D

12. MartynH

MartynH Member

Diet:
    CD
    Looks like I've got a place, just waiting for confirmation. I'll start a new thread when it comes through.

13. Tarragon

Tarragon Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Diet:
    Still considering
    Well done you, what an inspiration. I can't wait to see how you do.:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.