• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I wamt to enter the 2009 London Marathon

I want to try and get a place in the 2009 London Marathon. I have been looking for a target to aim for and I can't think of a better one. I have applied through a couple of sources but if anyone has a place that they don't need I would love to take it. We could discuss where the funds raised would go.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Summerskye

Gold Member
S: 18st11lb C: 12st4lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 6st7lb(34.6%)
Hey Martyn, what a brilliant idea and (as your CDC ;)) I'm dead proud of you for even thinking about it!

Why don't you contact Mindless and get his advice as he did the London Marathon this year after losing a spectacular amount of weight. I'm sure he'll be able to give you a few hints and tips.

See you soon :)

Camilla

Silver Member
I've applied too and like you I really want a place! I'd love to run for a cancer charity or a charity to help fulfull terminally ill children's last wishes. Fingers crossed I get a place XX

Camilla

Silver Member
Thanks! I applied as I was watching this year's! I won't know until October/November time whether I've been successful, but here's hoping!!! X

Camilla

Silver Member
At the moment the only answer to that would be a clear no! However, I am starting to train as I want a really good time! Please can I ask how long it took you? X

Sam25

Silver Member
I ran London in 5(ish) hours which was slower than I had wanted... Am running the Chicago Marathon in October so hope to be a little quicker and a little slimmer... You should make sure you start training slowley i.e. walk/run and build up gradually... Lisa Jackson (a friend of mine) wrote a good book (Running Made Easy) which I used as a starter! Don't hesitate to ask for advice... :)