I wanna be Slim again

Hi there, well its that time to get back being sensible with my food choices and say this is it.

I have started the Slimming World Plan here in Australia after going to a SW meeting in the UK and was disgusted with my weight gain over the years. Its my first time doing the new Food Optimising Plan and will be a challenge as foods here are slightly different with their brands, but hopefully by being sensible with my choices I will lose the 22 Kilos needed.

Today I weighed in at 86.9kgs and Saturdays will be my weigh in day. Roll on 64Kgs :)

Ps I live in Bunbury Western Australia so if any one else in WA is doing it would love to have a Buddy or just anyone to give me some shout outs occasionally would be great.

Attachments

• 373932_241576385897299_100001348198077_616893_1498244064_n[1].JPG
    373932_241576385897299_100001348198077_616893_1498244064_n[1].JPG
    425.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi Tipperary and Thanks for saying Hello. WOW just looked at yer stats they are amazing so well done You :)

How much walking did you do a day and also how many times did you go swimming each week to get to where you are today?

Its going to be a little bit different doing it from here in Australia but I'm hoping I can find some yoghurts and things that will suit as we don't have Mullerlight over here and quark is not an everyday choice of food for many.

Thanks, I'm not as good as I should be and am up.as much as I am down. I like I walking and swimming and cycling. I aim for exercise 5 times a week but am lucky if I get 4, its very weather dependent.
I'm not doing SW but my own thing but for SW tips and chat there I'd a SW section here. I've always thought our bad weather is partly to blame for me being overweight and assume that if I live somewhere warm like Australia that I would be super fit and slim.

To be honest there just as many overweight people here so weathers not the answer. I guess its all down to the mindset I have been a YoYo Dieter for years and have only ever got to target twice but both times was by using the shake method which to be honest is not the answer, as you go straight back to eating and your body thinks hello lets grab a whole load of this and before you know it yer back to where you left off with extras. So now doing it the SW way to learn about food and my body.

I like the idea of swimming and now the weathers getting better here and the fact that we have a pool I will go take a few dips each week and before the weather gets too hot will go for a couple of walks as well. Its not great when the suns up for walking in the summer as you get the mosquitoes first thing in the morning and at sundown so better to try and get out before them or just after before the temperature rises.

Well have a great weekend and enjoy will holler out to ya again and keep your success going.

I want a pool. I am trying to convince my husband that we should move to France so I can have a pool. The heart says yes but the finances say no

Hi Tipperary,

The Pool was put in to save on the gardening as hubby hates doing it and also he had plans before I met him for one. It wasn't a cheap option approx 25k in total and still needs maintaining with all of the chemicals and cleaning, but great for those days when its been hot and you just wanna get back to have a dip and of course fab for the grandchildren.

I have just got to get myself into the frame of mind to get in every day now and do some exercise, which possibly sounds crazy but when you have a pool you tend to take it for granted and don't use it that often as skin cancer is high risk I tend to stay out of the sun during the hottest part of the day. My Irish friend in her first year decided to Sunbathe in August (our Winter here) and felt great with her tan except when she went to work and started meeting people of all ages including girls in their 20's who had/having cancers cut out their faces and backs etc was horrified so now she wont go out in it but has a spray tan as its safer, many Aussies do this cos of the risk.

On a lighter note hope all going OK with you ? I have now started putting up my Food Diary so hopefully people will get the idea of SW and it might help someone.

Good Luck with yer Healthy Eating n Exercise:greenapple:

My husband wears a t shirt in the pool. But you can can special sun tops for wearing that block the sunrays

Back