I want to be fab at 50!

Maria2206

Silver Member
I have battled with my weight all my life and I am now 47. I wanted to be fab at 40. I pretty much wasn't. I am now fast approaching 50 and have decided to give SW a go, having dabbled with all the diets but but having been a WW'er most of the time. I have read so many inspirational stories about huge losses with SW that I have to give it another go.

Yesterday was my first day but I got it a bit wrong so I haven't bothered recording it. I am trying EE and today went like this:

B - Coffee with skimmed milk (HEX A - inc milk all day)
L - SW Mustard chicken (free) with swede mash (mainly s/free), broccoli and french beans (s/free). Afters was sugar free jelly and half a vanilla mullerlight (free)
D - Jacket potato with tuna in brine (free), LF mayo (SYNS = 2) and onion, a big salad (both s/free), homemade coleslaw (s/free) with LF mayo (SYN = 2) and 5 olives (SYNS = 1).
Snacks - none today as I just wasn't hungry. I will probably have a skinny cappuccino (SYNS = 3) later.

I am a HEX B down today but quite simply, I couldn't eat anything else. On the whole I feel I have chosen quite well for my first proper day. Tuesday and Wednesday will be the same and are looking like this:

B - 42g All bran (HEX B), blueberries and banana with skimmed milk (SYNS = 3)
L - Homemade veg soup (free and s/free), 1 slice wholemeal bread (SYNS = 4), ham (free) and homemade coleslaw (SYNS = 1)
D - Chicken jalfrezi (free and s/free), brown rice (free) and tomato and onion salad (s/free). Sugar free jelly & ff yogurt or half a mullerlight (free)
Snacks - coffee and tea all day with skimmed milk (HEX A)

Well I think yesterday went well and today will be virtually identical. I am finding that knowing what I am having (eg same meals for two days in a row) and not having to think about it when I get home is paying off. I also have the energy to organise my meals properly. Yesterday and today will be pretty similar:

B - Greek ff yogurt, blueberries and a banana
L - Veg soup and sandwich made with one slice of wholemeal (HEX B), ham, lf mustard mayo (SYNS = 1), spinach. Activia yogurt for afters or afternoon snack if needed.
D - Sweet potato wedges made with 1tspn rapeseed oil (SYNS = TBA), huge salad, 5 large olives (SYNS = 1), ham slices rolled up with cottage cheese inside.
All day - Skimmed milk (HEX A), Skinny cappuccino (SYNS = 3), one apple and a couple of satsumas.

The only difference between today and yesterday is that I will probably have a jacket potato tonight, rather than sweet potato.

I have really enjoyed my food this week and will have to give some thought to what I will pre-cook for next week. The lunchtime soup and a sandwich work well for me so I think I will make butternut squash soup over the weekend. I'm not sure how things will go this weekend - I will miss the discipline of being at work I think.

To anyone who might be reading - have a good weekend.

Good luck with sw we are the same age and I to wanted to be fab by 40, but that didn't happen :/ food looks good

Good luck with sw we are the same age and I to wanted to be fab by 40, but that didn't happen :/ food looks good

Hi there daisygrubber - thanks. I am still finding my feet a bit with SW. It seems like I am on a perpetual [failed] diet - with all the deprivation and one of the weight loss! I am hoping that SW will help me eat without guilt and re-educate me on the best foods for it.

Looking at your stats, have you really lost over 2.5 st in 2015? If so, you have done brilliantly well.

I started the day in a bit of a funny mood - a bit low. I had a bit of a lie in and then had a good breakfast and I feel a bit better now. I think it was meal anxiety, because I have nothing planned for the weekend. It is much easier when i am at work because I just make a vat of soup for lunches, with a small sandwich. The stress of thinking up two meals for the weekend is too much!!

I haven't been shopping for fresh stuff yet so the below is subject to change but my first draft of my plan for the weekend is so far looking like this:

B - FF Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries, sliced banana
L - Chicken kebabs, flavoured with yogurt lemon juice and spices and with a salad on the side.
D - Fish in sweet chilli (frozen - as advertised on TV - must be low syn, say SYNS = 2), crushed potatoes, carrots and broccoli. Afters will be raspberry jelly with a couple of spoons of strawberry muller light.
Snacks - Skimmed milk in tea and coffee (HEX A), apple, skinny cappuccino (SYNS = 3)

I am not sure what I will have to meet by HEX B requirement yet. Perhaps a slice of toast this evening.

Tomorrow:

B - Skinny cappuccino (SYNS = 3)
L - Beans, poached egg, slice wholemeal (HEX B)
D - Chicken, mash, peas, carrots, broccoli, gravy (SYNS not yet calc'd). Jelly and half a mullerlight for afters.
Snacks - Skimmed milk for tea and coffee (HEX A), fruit of some sort

Well the weekend's food did not go at all as planned and althought I haven't bothered to update earlier posts I can tell you I still stayed on track and easily within my syns limit.

Yesterday and today, I had/will have the same food, being:

B - Yogurt (ff), blueberries and banana
L - Homemade butternut squash soup (1 SYN), wholemeal bread (HX B), ham, low fat mayo (2 SYNS), spinach leaves, Activia yogurt 0% fat
D - Homemade bolognaise with 5% fat mince, wholewheat spaghetti, salad. Mullerlight - vanilla with choc sprinkles
Snacks: apple, skinny latte (3 SYNS), milk for tea and coffee (HX A)

I was quite hungry yesterday so I will increase my portion sizes a bit today. I have also brought a large satsuma and a pear with me.

I was very proud of myself yesterday though: I went on an afternoon seminar where muffins and coffee were served during the break. Despite being quite hungry, I had black coffee and my apple. Small victories!!

Do you struggle with what to have for hexb? there is a thread on here with the latest hexb's on there maybe it's worth having a look on there for a few ideas, things like nuts can be hexb.

Do you struggle with what to have for hexb? there is a thread on here with the latest hexb's on there maybe it's worth having a look on there for a few ideas, things like nuts can be hexb.

Thanks, I will have a little nosey.

I haven't updated for a couple of days, mainly because we have had visitors staying with us, which has meant departing from my usual routine. I have stuck to plan when I can (eg meal out at a steak house was chicken sizzler, with veg, salad and new potatoes instead of chips) and I drove so I only drank one bottle of alcohol free later and a decaff Americano but I have to accept that fails are fails (sticky toffee pudding) and when we got back to our local I joined in the festivities with a couple of vodkas and diet coke and one malibu and pineapple.

I think we have to accept there are times when it is harder to be perfect but if we do our best, we can do our thing reasonably guilt free.

Back