Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Oh gosh fab news about the clothes all being too big - you'll just have to find somewhere else to shop :). Try eBay, there's some fab bargains on there.

Thanks....but I love to try them on.
Though I use a website called Gudrensjoden, a Swedish designer. I have been buying from her for years now. She now has a shop in Covent Garden and I would love to go. I have also lately been looking at a site called Ezpopsy, great tops and dresses but pricey.

Brought baby and dog for a walk to the lake and back, 8km altogether stopping for lunch down there. There was a major cloudburst on the way back and I got totally soaked.
Bought vegetarian sushi for dinner last night and had half of it, I had the rest a while ago and now I am trying to work up the energy to go swimming. I know I went for a decent walk already but I am alone in the house and don't want to veg out and eat and drink. Its raining so I cant go to the garden.

140642-ee9955b17209e2f7f60cf27a7cd3bc23.jpg

As you can see, myself and the Wii Fit have been friends for quite a while now.

Stayed the same

well up and down and up even more and back to the beginning

Not happy, will ignore it and try again tomorrow.

Plan for today was to get up, go for a swim and sort out all my clothes, Then I was to be in work at about 5pm and then all weekend.
One boss called me to start at 6pm and then another called me to be in for 8am...so on my way now and who knows what the rest of the weekend will be like.

Morning all, well its Sunday morning and I have an unexpected Sunday off. I was at work at 8am yesterday and finished at 4.30pm getting only a 15 minute break at 1pm to grab something to eat. I was supposed to be in again today but they weren't sure. So I went home and husband was just arriving in and we celebrated the fact we were home at the same time by having dinner and wine. Wine isn't diet friendly I know but I have to have some sense of enjoyment.
Im getting a bit p*ssed off with the job. I still don't know from one day to he next if I am working, I cant make any plans for the week. And when I get there I don't know what job I will be doing or when I will be home. So I have decided that it is fine for the summer and after my holidays I will look for a permanent job.
Food at work had been erratic too, we never know when we get a break and we can have leftovers. I mostly cook for the breakfast shift and so that's what I get to eat. Yesterday I have 2 rashers, a sausage, a slice bread and a croissant with jam...none of which I would eat at home but at work its take what you can. I don't get to swim or walk on exercise days but run around so much that Im not worried about it.
Off today and I am considering going to Limerick to buy a bike and maybe a new pair of jeans.
I haven't weighed in for a few days but am not overly worried about it, my body needs a few easy days. And I am feeling fitter and healthier than I have for a long time so not as immediately worried about my health as I have been. I am due to visit GP for blood tests this Wed or Thurs but I may leave it until next week.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all.

Yes I think you should look for another job after the summer too, they don't seem very organised at all and it sounds to me like you're taking the strain without proper breaks or anything!

Good on you for the wine, got to have some enjoyment :).

Thanks, I'm not complaining about the lack of breaks. It is not being able to plan my food that concerns me. And despite what I say I do actually enjoy the job....I just need to know from week to week what I am doing so I can get on with my life.

Anyway, with my day off I went shopping, I bought
...a dress
...a playsuit
...and a bike.

I went to Halfords and bought a green "Café Bike". Its a cross between a mountain bike and a road bike. It is a 16" frame as I am very short but with big narrow wheels. It has mudguards, chain guard and a bell and it is very cute. I have a basket on my old bike and just need to swap it onto the new one. I was going to get an odeometer to track distance but my health app will do that. I have to collect it today and I am trying to convince darling husband he needs a bike too and we should get a toddler truck for one too for baby Oscar.

Then I went to a shopping centre, my plan was to buy a pair of jeans. A new shop had opened and had very pretty things including a range of summer long legged playsuits and I tried on a few thinking of dinner out on my holidays. I tried size 16s, I am refusing to buy 18s in anything. Bottom half is now a 12, a tight 12 but a 12. Top is still 16 to 18 so as the playsuit is top and bottom I picked a 16. It fit very well but did nothing for me, so I tried a 14 and it was perfect and I bought it. It needs a nice chunky belt at the waist for more definition. As I was going into the dressing room I passed some wonderful cocktail type dresses. One was white with HUGE red poppies, very 50s in style. A fitted sleevless top with a big skirt with layers of tuile under it to hold it out. For fun I tried one on in a 16 and I loved it, and I bought it. Now I just need a new hairdo and a wedding or major event to go to.

Trying on clothes meant I could look critically at myself in those "nowhere to hide" mirrors. I have lost weight on my legs and my back, my bra is now fastened at the tightest hook rather than the biggest. But my tummy is still huge, very round and prominent. I noticed I have rather a lot of stretch marks on it. I decided not to get new jeans but wait until I have a flatter abdomen. I tried on a few pairs but the skinny jean style does nothing for me. I will wait and visit M&S in a few weeks as they have lots of styles to choose from.

I finally weighed in this morning and am 0.7k down so I have 5kg left for my holiday target. But then I came home and ate veg sushi, bread and butter, cheese and crackers and had way too much wine....a typical boozey Sunday which was my old pattern. Work was saving me from this. Strange, I was craving fat and salt so obviously my body needed it.

Have a good week everyone.

Collected my new bike and went for a 10km cycle. I am obviously much fitter than I have been as the last time I tried to cycle a few years ago I made it to the bottom of our road which is only 1.5km away and had to walk back. The 10km today was nice and handy, lots of hills and I never got off once.

I also looked up the Gudruns Joden website again to see about some more clothes. I had picked some out a few weeks ago and was waiting until I had money to order them. I looked at them and none of them appealed to me at all now, they just wouldn't do anything for me.

Trying to plan my day and about to start with a smoothie. Trying to decide if its an early cycle and late swim or the other way around.
Early cycle means no traffic, no midges and a Jacuzzi later to ease my sore bits.
Early swim means I get a shower and do my hair before a meeting at 11.30am, and the swim an meeting are close together so better time management.

I took the dog with me cycling yesterday. I was going to the lake and back which is total 8km. But she decided every now and then to abruptly stop with no warning causing me a bad bruise on one sudden stop. The lake road is busy with traffic so I changed our route to keep her on quiet roads and did a circle and dropped her back at 6km....then I continued without her to see my daughter. So a total of 10km, not much for cyclists but plenty for me.

100g up this morning but that's OK.

Have a good day everyone

Oh i love your new bike Tipps! Its so ...pretty and vibrant and feminine - I had a sneaky look at Gudruns Joden website too. I love the style of clothing, its gorgeous. I always dream of being able to wear that sort of style, I would love to own a tea dress, but I have tried these things on before and I look so frumpy and old fashioned in them, I cant pull that style off at all, it just doesn't suit my shape at all. You tend to find out your limits of what suits and what doesn't, don't you? Its unfortunate I can't get away with wearing the clothes that I like.

You really have zoomed up your exercising haven't you? I am in awe!

x

LOVE the bike - it's so gorgeous! And sounds like you're getting lots of use out of it already :). No one cycles here for enjoyment, if you see a cyclist they're all in lycra preparing for the Italian version of Tour de France :).

Also love the sound of that dress with poppies on it!

Thanks both, yes the cuteness of the bike did appeal to me...it is noticeable and not one you would expect a lycra clad body in. Ladyfelsham with the heat you have I can understand why no one cycles for pleasure, much too hot and uncomfortable for it.
Charley the Gudrens Joden clothes do come in a large range of sizes and because they are Swedish are very long. I found their linen and cotton clothes lovely to wear and got respectable work clothes from them. But the best buys I got from them were leggings and a top and a sort of leisure suit. Both were pricey but lasted with constant wear for about 6 years. The leisure suit was like a very posh tracksuit sort of thing but was soft and comfortable and very respectable to look at. I always wore it when travelling.
I decided on the early swim, then went to my meeting (a community development project I am coordinating). I have another meeting tonight, I am on the committee of the local agricultural show. I have decided I might cycle to and from that, about 12km I think. I am not as sore as I thought I would be but I did take it very easy, it was an enjoyable cycle not a race.

I have tried to up the exercise a little, as I get a but fitter the exercise is easier so I want to keep it at a level where it is a slight push. Though I might doze off in front of the TV now while watching Hugh Fearnley Withingstall before I go out later.
I have decided that days off work are now days dedicated to me and damn the housework.

Yep....a party would be great but think about all that food and drink. I will wear it on holidays the night of our anniversary, we will be in a posh hotel that night. I cycled to my meeting and back, a total of 12km and everyone was impressed both that I did it and by the bike.
Home now and had chicken breast, courgettes and potato gratin for dinner on a side plate. About to get PJs on now and might have a glass of red wine...purely to replace lost minerals in my body of course.
Have a good sleep everyone.

Back