Tipperary wobbles into 2024

First ever photo of me that I have posted on social media.....ever.

This was me about 3 weeks ago, its not a dress but an x-large top and large skirt, the heels help my legs.

View media item 4800

Oh lovely pic Tipp - what a gorgeous top and skirt.

Enjoy your shopping - I love herbal remedies too (probably said before) and Pukka teas for flavour :). Luckily I can get them all online and delivered here.

Yum to Pukka tea, I have about 6 flavours and darling husband another 3. I get them in our local health food store and she often gets freebies from them such as mothers tea on mothers day and I have two little tins that hold 10 sachets each that she gave me.
Unfortunately I didn't get paid so no shopping. I did go to town though and went swimming...44 lengths and about 15 minutes core exercises. The manager was at the leisure centre and showed me some great water exercises for my abdomen which are now added to my routine.
I hadn't been in the pool for over a week as I had a small burn on my chest (grease splash from work) which was raw and I didn't want to risk any infection in it...not with my track record.
Feeling refreshed now and hungry.

1kg to go!!!! Thats so amazing.

If you struggle with your back, I think swimming, preferably front crawl is good for your stomach. Have you got any kettlebells? They too are good. I have a great dvd which is 5 or 6 lots of 10 minute sessions, you can do one or two or as many as you like, once you have the stance and the swing correct, they work all muscles - its amazing.

xx

That's weird - I just sent you a post about swimming!

Thanks Charley, I like the idea of kettle bells but not sure my back would.

Yep, I do swim and what I did today was make sure to engage the core muscles while swimming, particularly breast stroke and you can feel the pull on the muscles.
Its 3.30pm now and all I have eaten is my breakfast smoothie, I have stopped having second breakfast so overall my food intake is down. Hungry now and have a veggie burger, sweet potato fries and corn on the cob in the oven.
I have also bought some fruity yougurt type things low in fat and sugar...must check the name.

I tried on two pairs of size 12 jeans today, a skinny pair and a straight leg. They both fit...just. The skinny jeans definitely aren't me, I am just the wrong shape for them. The straight leg were good but were a teeny bit low rise and gave me a muffin top. So, I will wait until I am below 72kg and until I get paid (I was only trying them on today for encouragement) and will go to M&S and get a decent pair, and some new underwear.

Yay.....and nay.
Its been a good morning bad morning type of thing.

Hopped on the scales this morning and I was 71.5kg....so happy with that. One of my mini goals reached and an actual comfortable size. :)

Doctor weighed me on his scales (he insisted) and it said I'm 74kg :(

Day off and have reached a goal weight (according to me) so decided to go to Dublin for the day and finally by me those new jeans. :)

Checked my bank account and still haven't been paid so have only €2 :mad:

Feeling great and so finally went to Doctor for blood tests (thyroid and cholesterol and diabetes but think he does hormone and liver as well)

Checked my blood pressure and its still high:(

Checked the veins in my legs and while they are unsightly they are not a medical problem :D

Was about to eat breakfast when it occurred to me this is the only day I could go for blood tests so didn't eat, just having my breakfast smoothie now at 11am and not even hugely hungry for it. I hope that means blood sugars are stable.;)

Seen as I cant go out due to a lack of money I need to get lots of paperwork done.

Happy healthy eating all.

Morning Tipp - that is a 'give with one hand, take with the other' start to the day for you!

Bummer on not being paid yet, hope it's there today.

Pay went through so all is good.

And even though the doctors scales says I'm 3.5kg heavier I have still lost 9kg.

Day off today and tomorrow but lots to do.
Interview in Dublin tomorrow early, its a 2.5 hour drive and then also need to get through city traffic. Husband is heading away for the weekend so he is driving to Dublin and will drop me off in the city and then he goes on to the airport. So after interview I am left alone in a big city with lots of shops and my bank card which now had enough for me to shop. I want jeans, bras, knickers and something simple but pretty.

Tried on clothes at home today and I now have lots to fit for my summer holidays, including a small silk top I bought about 7 years ago and have never worn and miraculously matches exactly the new shoes I bought 3 weeks ago.

Pizza and wine for dinner last night but Im not bothered about it as I know its a busy week in work this weekend and I will work it off.

Happy Thursday everyone

Fab news on your loss and clothes fitting - that's brilliant!

And good luck for the interview - although it sounds like a long commute for you every day?

Thanks, no it wont be long commute. Interview is in a central location but actually job will be local. Though with my holiday coming up not sure if I will qualify for it. Also it is for a panel selection so it could be up to 12 months before you get called for a job, either way I am taking the interview anyway. I have nothing to loose and an interview is always good experience.

Good luck at the interview Tipps! Shopping alone with no one but your flexible friend sounds amazing! It must be great to be almost where you want to be weight-wise and going "slim clothes" shopping....a feeling I haven't experienced in years, but I do remember the euphoria....just!!!

Ignore the doctor scales, what does he know!!

Have a good day Tipps.
x

Oh and I only just saw your photo - you are gorgeous! I love your outfit too... we have similar mad curls too - I love my curls, but they control me, I don't control them!

Thank you so much. I have to say my confidence is feeling so much better in the past week or so. I still have 5kg to get to goal weight and thats only to stop me being obese, I will still be overweight. And with our family history of heart attacks and strokes even overweight is dangerous. Those in my family that managed to survive their 50s are living incapacitated lives.

But I won't be "fat girl" shopping.
And yes, I have crazy curly hair that seems to get bigger rather than longer.

Tired today but enjoyed been out yesterday. Interview was very brief, more of a paper stamping exercise and yes it will be just to go on a panel.

Then I went shopping and got 2 pairs of jeans, 1 cotton top, 2 bras, 5 pairs knickers, new powder foundation and mineral veil, curl cream and a book.

WARNING: Bob and bra information, may be TMI for some

Though definitely bra shopping isn't for the fainthearted. I was wearing a 36E and all my bras were getting loose, And remember I am now visibly lopsided. So thinking logically if a bra is loose then I need a smaller one, so a 36DD or a 34E....makes sense. As most of the weight I seem to have lost is on my back I went for the 34E...but did pick up lots of styles and about 3 different sizes. I was struggling to find a style to fit both boobs so all the ladies in M&S decided that had to be measured and they would find a style. Well they determined I was a 38E and a moulded t-shirt bra was no good for me. Also because I am short most were to high under my arms. My choices became limited to what I can only describe as "industrial underwear" but stood my ground and demanded something pretty. It took a long time but they eventually found me a navy blue one buy yes in a 38E....obviously all my old ones had just stretched. We counted and I tried on 24 bras to find one to fit...and of course it was the most expensive one.

Tired now and am at work tonight so may go for a short cycle but nothing too much....its raining out.

Food crazy yesterday as 3 meals were eaten out but no too bothered. And tonight dinner will be rasher sandwiches and wedding cake.

Wow, your bra shopping sounds horrendous - its strange how so many different sizes were up for grabs ... so to speak, the fact that you left the shop with a bigger bra, despite losing weight and your others being loose... Thank goodness you found something in the end. I HATE bra shopping. I tend to go online and get lots and then pick the best, my problem is back size rather than cup - I certainly wasn't at the front of the queue when God was handing out chests!

Morning all...laptop playing up so logged on with phone. Another crazy weekend with late work nights, bad food, takeaways and wine. Started this morning good and I may have most of this week off before another crazy weekend with 3 functions so 3 late nights and 2 early mornings.
No idea of my weight but will check midweek I think. No official exercise done but running around for 7 hours at a time at work is using some calories.
I got an email to say I successfully passed my interview on Friday and am now on a panel. I could get called anytime from today up to a year away for a job lasting from a week to 6 months.
Having my smoothie for breakfast and then need to go to town...planning on wearing my new red jeans. I wonder will darling husband notice.

Well done on getting on to the panel - now let's hope something comes up that you like the sound of.

Enjoy the shopping - in your fab red jeans! :)

Back