Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Hi all just back. Had waaaaaYyyyyy too much wine and too much breakfast but I want too bad for lunch and dinner. I'm starving now and have potato gratin and a veggie burger in the oven. I need to clean the kitchen later and have promised myself a super healthy week. I hope I have something in the house for breakfast as I won't get to do the shopping until tomorrow evening.

OK reality check time

73.3kg and BMI 32.15

That's a huge increase. I knew I was increasing but that's a lot to have to catch up on. Food wise I am planning a good week, went shopping yesterday and have lots of veg and things for lunch and breakfast.
My liver is not happy with the weekend so my smoothie this morning has apple and spinach to help it....I need to find my milk thistle.
It will be a hard week to get much exercise, I have 5 long days to do in the office. I'm finding I have been buying wraps for lunch.....not the best but not too bad. But I have been having half for tea break and then getting something from the vending machine for later. So today I have made a sort of overnight oats for tea break. I have porridge, a grated apple, some blueberries and no fat Greek yogurt. That should help me get to lunch time and more apple for my liver.
Lunch packed is soup, rocket, crackers, ham, cottage cheese, nectarine and blueberries.
Another blip for my diet and exercise now is that Australian Master Chef started last night. That's me busy at 8pm every evening now so no evening cycles. And we need to have dinner then as it makes you very hungry.

Cracking the whip....talk later.

So pleased you had a good break - and well done for getting back in focus so quickly!

I find that ACV and lemon juice in warm water of a morning helps the liver/detox function. Like the healthy eating plan too! Mine is the UNhealthy eating plan at the moment :rolleyes:.

Will give it a go, thanks

Have decided to take a break for a bit. I have about 2 weeks left at work and it really is taking its toll on me. I just don't have time or energy for exercise. I know its only a temp job but its with the civil service and stays on public record how you did. I'll tell you all about it when I finish and you will see why I find it difficult. My house is a mess and I haven't spent much time with baby Oscar so for the next 2 weeks before we go on holidays I want to get the house sorted and spend some time with the baby.
I know I haven't reached my target for my holiday but right now finance has to take precedence.
After holidays I may well be unemployed again and will have plenty of time to concentrate on me again.
Talk again

Morning all. Well I have 2 1/2 days of work left and then free for 4 weeks. Ferry on Thursdat, a hotel Friday and Saturday and then a house hopefully in the sun for three weeks. I've thrown the diet and exercise out the window for the time been and am looking forward to getting back on track when I get home. I know there will be overindulgence in food and wine when away but I will also have a pool to use as I want.
Abdomen is very bloated right now and trousers are getting snug at the waist again. I'm going to see if I can so a mini detox the next 3 days. Or at least try to limits the carbs, maybe even some detox tea. I'm starting with a smoothie now, some spinach, a pear, two teeny apples, dessertspoon spirulana, a teeny amount of porridge oats, about 2 teaspoons, ginger, cinnamon and water. I'll have some herbal tea and see how long that keeps me going. I have lots of fruit and veg and konjac noodles for dinner tonight and will see about making some soup for lunch. I am hoping that bloating will reduce if I keep away from carbs and reduce fat. I've had a week with a lot of sugar compared to what I was having and its taking its toll on me...I'm exhausted.

Good plan to ditch the carbs for a bit, I'm sure it will make a huge difference - I've been eating lots of carbs lately, just trying to use stuff up, and can really feel the weight gain.

Woohoo to holidays! :)

I have all my washing done and even all it ironed. I want to do my packing today. I need 4 bags. A small overnight one for the ferry and day in the car travelling. A two night one for the hotel....with my new dress, high heels and make up. We will be celebrating our anniversary here. Then the main one with shorts and swimming things and light dresses. And finally one with knitting and books and swimming things and boardgames and picnic blanket and even a hammock. Yep 3 weeks of lazing in the sun and reading.
Daughter one and baby Oscar are joining us for 4 nights so that should be lots of fun. I'm looking forward to playing with him in the pool.

Hi Tippy, if anyone deserves a holiday you do! I've been reading back through your diary and boy do you work your butt off! Where are you off to? Really nice that you get time to spend with Oscar too (love his name btw, don't hear that much up here)
Have a lovely holiday and enjoy your anniversary X

Thanks....we are going to SW France....a very rural area. Ive been trying to change jobs this year which is why I things have been so hectic....two completely different jobs but both quite extreme. One running around non stop never having a minute with a disorganised employer and the second sitting 8 hours a day in front if a computer and dealing with irrate customers (tell you about it when I'm finished). Heaped on top of that a load of financial and legal worries....I suppose we really shouldn't be going away but I need a break from everything and some time to recharge in the sun before I can tackle crap again.
I have most of my packing done...just the last few toiletries and need to see last minute if my swimming belt and dumb bells will fit in the car. And I need to find a memory card for my camera. My hair needs a good cut and maybe the roots done but for me its a waste getting it done before I go away as the sun and pool wreck it anyway so will wait till I get home.
I've to collect a new prescription sunglasses tomorrow in Specsavers as other ones broke last week. I need some good facial moisturizer and non prescription sunglasses but will get both of those on the ferry. It has a pretty good shop and we get a decent 25% discount.

Tried on my new dress again today.....I could do with smaller underarms and lessvside boob but it doesn't look too bad....definitely a change for me. My legs look good it it but I'm a bit busty for it.....though regardless of my weight I'm always busty

Daily rant on hold for September and will have a new "travel log" for holiday food and exercise.

OK I'm back and ready to roll again.

I weighed in this morning and am a shocking 76.9kg. It is 41 days since I weighed in so it is not just holiday weight. I have moved my little fishy back and he is not happy (on my mobile so I can't see him yet). I know a lot of it is "internal" and a quick detox should shift some of it.
Holiday was very restful and well needed but didn't go as planned. Pool heater was broken so no swimming and torrential rain put a stop to the walking.
Anyway, new start now. Its baby Oscars 2nd birthday in 4 weeks and I have a new dress that I bought in Desigual on holiday that I would like to wear but it needs me to have a waist.
I am starting a 10 day detox tomorrow. I bought a detox kit in France, it has artichoke, green tea, guarana and "piloselle" which I will have to look up but going by the pictures it is passion fruit.

Plan is to drop 1.5kg in the next 2 weeks and another kg then by end of 4 weeks. That will leave me at 74.4kg end of 4 weeks.
Off to check the calendar to make a plan to take me to Christmas.

All the best for the detox! I'm hopeless at them, start hallucinating about food by Day 2 :).

I'm glad you got a good rest, you really needed it with all that rushing around/mad work scenario you had going! What are your work plans now?

I am starting a 10 day detox tomorrow. I bought a detox kit in France, it has artichoke, green tea, guarana and "piloselle" which I will have to look up but going by the pictures it is passion fruit.

Its actually hawkweed, a type of daisy that is a powerful diuretic. The drops are flavoured with passion fruit

Back