Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Well I have had a "lost weekend". I ended up having 8 people stay over for the weekend. I did lots of cooking and cleaning first. Then we had a party here Saturday night, I was quite good with food and drink at it but then had more when everyone else wen to the pub. No official exercise Friday Saturday or Sunday and had a fry up on Sunday and today. I stopped at the pool on the way home from cookery class and did a quick 20 lengths. Hopefully I will get back into a good routine tomorrow. Afraid to weigh myself but will be brave tomorrow.
And I wore my size 12 white jeans on Saturday.

I received an order today from Sports Direct, a size 16 swimsuit which fits great, a 36E sports bra which is also a great fit but not brilliant for very active exercise and a skort. I ordered a size 12 skort assuming it would be right if size 12 jeans fit me, well my knickers are bigger than it. It just about fits but is very low rise. I though a skort would be good for walking or cycling on hot days and look better than just shorts but at the moment this one is practically indecent.

Morning all, due to technical difficulties I am unable to weigh in this morning (big sigh of relief ;)).

I had my cookery class yesterday evening and brought my laptop as I hadn't written out the recipes so got the class to do it with me while we were there. Laptop was in my handbag and came home and put handbag on the kitchen counter and a bag of shopping on the stool. The shopping bag fell and I thought heck we will have squashed bread now...but I had got it the wrong way around. It was my handbag on the stool, not the shopping, and it fell with my laptop in it and when I turned it on the screen is broken.
I had work to do, the hard drive is fine so I connected it to a TV screen so I can use it. But this TV screen is the one I use for my Wii...which is what I use for my weigh ins. So screen and Wii console and Fit board are currently not located together and so no weigh in for me.
My plans for today are to get back on track with food and exercise. We have lots of veg so I think I will make a big pot of soup so at least if my schedule gets a bit crazy I have soup made. I also got some quorn mince and will make some Bolognese or chilli as a standby to have with konjac pasta or rice.
I think I will have breakfast, go for a long swim, come back and cook and clean and wash clothes and then I have a cookery class this evening. I might even get a short walk with the dog after class.
Tomorrow I need to see if I can get a hair appointment in the morning, my hair is a bit mad, very curly with lots of grey and I get it coloured. I'm not a vain person so a colour every 10 weeks is fine with me. But now with the new job if I am in the dining room it needs to be tied back and I have this huge halo of grey, so after only 5 weeks it needs to be done again. Then I have a hotel visit in the afternoon and in the evening meeting 3 couples planning weddings and do meal tastings with them.
With the job it seems I will eventually do about 4 mornings a week admin and then help with weddings at weekend and an odd night in dining room if needed. I have spent two days at home working on the booking engines...so the lack of a decent laptop really is a nuisance.
Have a great day all

Exhausted now. Worked last night and didn't get home till about 11 pm and due out in the bakery at 8 am and the a long commute for a cookery class tonight. Had some veg for dinner at work and came home and had a glass of wine....which became 3 glasses and 2 slices of bread with cheese. Head was buzzing (with thinking) and haven't slept all night. Tomorrow will be last day in bakery and cookery classes only have 3 weeks left so then I can concentrate on doing one job well and getting me back on track.
On a positive note wore another pair of size 12 trousers yesterday and high heels....so my feet have shrunk a bit too.

Loving all these new clothes, that's fab!

Sorry to hear about the laptop though, you can usually buy new screens for them.

And what is a skort?? :)

Morning all, it is a grey drizzly morning here today.

I haven't slept well at all, in fact I haven't really slept well all week. I am a "sensitive" person, I don't mean someone who cries at the drop of a hat or is easily hurt, I mean someone who "feels" everything and everyone around me. I am constantly atunned to the feelings of others and even buildings at times. I love people and being with people but need to spend time alone too. For example, if I go to the city shopping I am so aware of all the feelings, movements and conversations of everyone around me that when I get home I am exhausted and spend time alone in the garden for a few hours (if its raining then I bring a book into the poly tunnel). I try to avoid long haul flights or holiday stays in large hotels. Anyway, I have gone from being with 4 people in a classroom or 2 people in a bakery to being in a country house with 12 live in staff, 10 other staff and guests staying. Never mind up to 300 wedding guests each weekend. When I get home my head and body are just buzzing with the vibrations of all the people around me and it stays like that all night long. I am even "feeling" the building which was first built in 1710, I am just aware of all the people that walked the corridors. I'm not crazy, I have been like this since I was a child and was always very grateful that I attended a small school. Anyway, its affecting my sleep and I need to find something to "shake off" the day before I go to bed. If I am working in the day then I can go for a walk or swim but some evenings its 11pm when I get home.

Anyway, it also means my eating and exercise schedule is a bit funny now. I weighed in today at 74.3 which is 700g down on the start of the month but inbetween I also managed to add on 900grms. I need to cook some meals to freeze to bring to work. There I seem to have been eating sausages and toast in the mornings and potato gratin and veg in the evening both of which are full of fat. On a positive note I have been making sure I have had my smoothie each morning and at work am moving constantly. The other day I even got a 3km walk in by visiting all the lodges to take photos.

So, lets see if I can get back on track this week.
Laptop is still not fixed but I have "borrowed" one from my husband (he works in IT). I need to log on here every day as chatting to you all and keeping a food diary has definitely been keeping me on track with my plans.

Loving all these new clothes, that's fab!

Sorry to hear about the laptop though, you can usually buy new screens for them.

And what is a skort?? :)

A skort is a short skirt with a pair of shorts built in, think of a tennis skirt. I don't particularly like shorts on me but feel short skirts are not comfortable for walking or cycling so a skort seemed to be a good alternative. I tried it on again and while it fits where it goes to it is very low rise and just not comfortable. I think with a smaller belly it might do. It was cheap enough to not overly worry about

I've noticed that when I updated my weigh must have put a decimal in the wrong place because I am now 33.7kg, I think I need to go and change it.

I know exactly what you mean about picking up others' emotions, etc - I often feel the same. These days I feel claustrophobic around groups of people, and the last time I went to a concert was in my 20s :).

No remedy for me (apart from St John's Wort for anxiety), I just try and limit the times when I have to go with crowds - not so easy for you though hun!

Like your idea of taking your food - I could eat sossies (mmm sossies) all day and night :D

These days I feel claustrophobic around groups of people, and the last time I went to a concert was in my 20s :).

No remedy for me (apart from St John's Wort for anxiety), I just try and limit the times when I have to go with crowds - not so easy for you though hun!
:D

I don't actually feel bad at the time or anxious, it just wears me out completely and I need to be alone to recharge which I haven't been doing. The long hours and getting in late don't give me enough wind down time. I might get some White Chestnut or Night Rescue (which is Rescue Remedy with white chestnut too) as these are supposed to "prevent unwanted continuing thoughts", My acupuncturist is very good at relaxing my mind but she is away on holidays.
I've given up going to concerts too, but it was because the deep base sounds were causing my heart rate to rise. Pity, I'd love to go to a major festival.

Just back in from a 5km walk with the dog and had a small early lunch. I am going to bed with some herbal tea and a biscuit and see if I can have a short nap then I have a cookery class tonight. It's roast chicken dinner this evening.

Off to town for a cookery class and then I hope to go swimming. I think I need to swim with my left arm only because my right arm and boob are visibly smaller now than the left. The arm I don't mind but wearing t-shirts you can see the difference in left and right boobs.

Did 32 lengths last night, all swimming...I forgot to bring my aqua jogging things in. Just had my "two breakfasts" and waiting on it to settle before I head into town to go swimming for today. I also need to check my bank account and see if I have the money to buy a new pair of jeans. I also need a new pair of navy shoes, not flats but not too high. Something that will go with jeans and skirts, I found a pair for €80 but that is beyond my budget. I had a look in the full length mirror at the pool and yep, my right boob is much smaller now, at least one cup size if not two. I need a diet and exercise regime for one side of my body only :oops:.

I have a cookery class again this evening and then a meeting (I am one of the organisers of a local festival) so need to see when the best time to have a sensible dinner is.

I got some Night Rescue Remedy and took it last night. It took me a while to sleep but I did eventually drift off but had some strange dreams. At least I feel like I have had some sleep.

I haven't been told what days or what jobs I will have at the county house this week, so in a bit of limbo.7

Checked my weight this morning and it is about the same as yesterday when I updated my ticker, almost halfway there but I know I am at the tough part now and every 100g will become much harder to lose. My BMI is currently at about 32.5 which is a big improvement on over 35. In about 10 days I am due for check up blood tests with the doctor but I will see how I am doing and might leave it another 4 weeks if I can. He wont really be bothered by my weight but I am hoping that my blood pressure is more stable and want a good weight for that. I am also hoping my cholesterol will be a happy number, I am supposed to be taking medication for it but just stopped. I am hoping a really good four weeks of clean living will help give me good results.

So my target for September is 68kg to give me a BMI of under 30, but hopefully that is only the first big target. If I hit that then I will look critically and see how wobbly I am and how the weight loss looks. I have some family members that were always curvy and when they lost weight they looked like they aged by at least 20 years. I am hoping that the swimming will help keep me toned and I don't get lots of flabby skin. I completely understand that weight loss should be about health rather than vanity but too be honest I don't wont to look worse after it

Have a good day all and happy eating

Back from pool and happy to report 52 lengths completed. 20 swimming and 32 aqua jogging. I tried really hard to pull with my left arm. then I went to buy some new shoes and even my right foot is smaller than the left....crazy.

Wow that was a great swimming session! I wish I could swim but am terrified of putting my head under the water (got chucked in a pool when very young by the PE teacher, nearly drowned! :eek:).

Not sure what to suggest for the left-right boob size conundrum - maybe do some weight lifting with just one arm, using tin cans, to even things up?

Wow that was a great swimming session! I wish I could swim but am terrified of putting my head under the water (got chucked in a pool when very young by the PE teacher, nearly drowned! :eek:).

Oww that's horrible, I am so glad I learnt to swim when I was very young. If you can still cope with water you could still get exercise in the pool by just walking in it. Find the part of the pool that is just about your shoulders and just walk in it as normal, not swimming but still great exercise and not pressure on hips or knees.

Morning all, I had a rest day yesterday.
With all my job seeking, interviews, job trials, cookery classes and being in the bakery I haven't actually had a day off in 3 weeks. So yesterday I woke up and realised I had nothing to do. My first thought was lots of swimming or walking but I had a long swim on Tuesday night and my skin was still a bit sensitive from it. I decided on an official rest day. But amazingly I had lots of energy and did some housework. It had been a long time since I haven't felt tired and lethargic so I was surprised with the energy I had. Even with thyroid medication I have spent the past four years being exhausted all the time. I don't know if it is as simple as having less of me to carry about the has given me more energy or is it better food or more toned muscles that are doing it. A combination of all I reckon.
I was on my own last night so decided a night with wine and TV was in order and managed to watch some of The Good Fight online.
I need to get my cholesterol to a happy number so am taking cider vinegar now to see if that helps.
I have a cookery class tonight and hope to go for a swim at some time. And tomorrow my car is to go for a service, that means driving into town and arranging for a lift home. But if the weather is good I may take the dog and walk home along the river, it is a 7 to 10km walk and one I have wanted to do for a while. By road town is about 7km away, the river is only about 200m form our house but the closest bridge with access to the walkway is 1km. Then you can walk through the fields to each next bridge, I can walk from here to the far side of town passing 6 bridges. I have walked along each section at some time but never together. I might take my camera, some water, an apple, some biscuits and make an outing of it...all weather depending.
Saturday and Sunday I am in the country house, no official job yet but will hold out until mid June which is when all the summer staff will be in so hopefully will then be given a specific job.

Arrgh, made a big post and lost it all.
Will do this one in little bits.

So just weighed in and am 100g heavier. I think it was Monday I weighed in so will just ignore todays number and check again tomorrow. I have been drinking wine and eating meals late so will blame that. But I thought I had made a strong effort in the pool and thought this week that would compensate. I love the pool and had planned on going as often as I can but even every second day seems to be too much for my skin. I am using lots of medicated grade moisturiser but my skin today is very inflamed. I don't mind looking blotchy but as it gets drier it cracks and gets very sore...this is on my face.

Yesterday did a 4k walk in the morning, I took the dog to my daughters to feed her cat. Then in the afternoon I did 42 lengths of the pool before I went to my cookery class. Its a bit drizzly now so waiting a while before making plans for the day.

Back