i want to rejoin but...

mjmummy

i want to go back to slimming world, the sooner the better really for me cause i keep eating so much junk. there is a class tonight but i have been there a couple of times before and left when i only lost a little. but after the birthday of my child a few months ago i really got to get my baby weight and more off. i am worried what the consultant will think though cause i didnt have great sucsess last time but quite determined now.

The consultant will not think anything bad of you, she will just welcome you back.
We have lots of returners to my group (I've been there years!) and it is always lovely to see them come back.
Go for it. xx

Hi there, I really wouldn't worry! The consultants are there to support you and they won't judge.

Lots turn up to group who have tried before. Every one has things going on in their life from time to time that means they won't attend group or they just can't get focused on the diet at that time. We are all human and you will be welcome back at your class, I am sure they will be pleased you have rejoined.

Go for it and good luck x :rainbow:

Hi there

You will be fine.. heck when I did WW I joined that many times they needed a revolving door and Im sure I should have had a chair with my name on it:p

:pIt was made even better by the fact my mum and sister joined with me every time ;) and our 3 seats were always empty when we got there :D -well you know what its like -everyone has there own place where they sit every time don't they ;)

honest they will be fine this is my jounery -

June 2003 - Aug 2003 last 1.5 st then stopped going even though I was still 18stone (in Suffolk)

April 2006 went along again did like 3 weeks (in london)

July 2006-Jan 2007 was pregnant but last 1.5st (the left Suffolk)

Feb 2008 one class in Helensburgh

March 2008 - May 2008 lost 1 stone in Alexandria then stopped going cos I had a bad few weeks

September 2008 did 4 weeks in Alexandria!

Summer 2009 did 2 weeks in Alexandrai!

December 2009 did 1 week in Alexandria! even brought a 12 week count down and book and all sorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(PRAT!)

Back on it again Nov 2010 and on week 2, and my consultant is LOVELY even though she must think I am a yoyo LOL they understand sometimes life isnt good and the time not right, I would say look at all the stones I lost above! BUT when I had a sticky patch when I went off plan I stopped going and learnt the hard way, when i first started SW in 2003 I was 19st 7ish, I started slimming world at 22st 12 so even if your losing slowly stay - at todays class our consultant who is AMAZING said 1pound a week in a year is 4stone!! and wouldnt we all love that, yet 1 pound seems so disspointing and little BUT its 4 stone in 1 year!

even if you stay the same, think you would prob of put on if you where not there - even if you put on, I would say go and get weighed cos when I knew I had a bad week I didnt go.....I told myself I would have a great this week and get rid of that gain and go back but I never went back, would of been better going, facing the scales and starting a new week.

You go back hun your consultant will welcome you with open arms I am sure

Good Luck xxxx

WOW CAPRICORN look at your amazing weight loss! xxxx

You make Alexandria sound like a prison! lol
x

haha it does read like that doesnt it - in reality that class is amazing I been to a few SW and the consultant there is the best ever!

WOW CAPRICORN look at your amazing weight loss! xxxx

Thankyou Sooo much :D
Your dieting history seems as extensive as mine :p ... I have done (off the top of my head) :-
  • WW -far too many times to list (if I could even remember)
  • boots choc bar diet :p
  • slimfast
  • you are what you eat
  • ooh and Lipotrim :eek:
I only tried SW once when I was about 14 :rolleyes:- so this is my first proper journey on SW -and I love it :D -and Im getting through mine by just thinking similar to what your consultant told you.... 1lb a week and its nearly 4st gone in a year :happy036:afterall I have spent years gaining all this wobble so I can't expect to drop it all over night...
mjmummy -hope you bite the bullet and join again tonight.. and best of luck too ....

LOL I done WW twice for 2 weeks (2005 & 2010) I cant be bothered with all those tiny potions and weighing and counting ALL the time! any diet which has an apple as a point is too much for me!

I did Exante for a week in 2010 and lost 13pound but couldnt keep it up - I love food, I love eating................sometimes....alot of the time too much :cry:but couldnt keep up with a diet which has no food even though the shakes, soups and bars where nice.

Did LL for 1 day in 2008 - honestly the shakes/soups where awful!!! no wonder people lose weight its true rank!!!!!!!!!!! and very expensive

In my experience SW is by far the best! and its healthy and I hope in 4-6 months I can be expecting a baby as thats my aim :)

Oh and my hubs is in the Navy and we are moving to Naples next year and I want to be slimmer!
xxx

Ooh can I jump in with what I've tried? Its crazy what we put our bodies through!

- SW once before (Lost 3 stone, put it back on once I 'left' / stopped the plan)
- WW (Twice, never lost more than a stone)
- Atkins (Horrible!)
- Xenical (Don't ask...)
- You Are What You Eat (Then I'm a bowl of quinoa)
- 1,000 Calorie a Day diet (Please)
- Special K diet (Can't even look at a bowl now)
- Rosemary Conley Low GI (The thing with the measuring spoons... awfully small they were...)

I finally came 'home' to SW last Jan, and I've realised I was never going to suceed with a 'quick fix' diet... I had to change my habits for good! Now SW is my way of life... 'giving up' isnt an option! Go back to class hun, and let's all do it together xxxx

oooh heck Mancbird..
I forgot my adventures with , Atkins, cal counting, RC :p ...... by far the worst for me was lipotrim... OMG -mouth like a budgies cage bottom and don't get me started on the constipation :eek:
oooh and remembered I also did "figure trim 8" that were supposed to swell and fill you up :p

Captaincollins -we have been trying for a baby for 7 years -still nothing happening and perhaps it never will -but at least now I can say hand on heart that Im doing all I can to increase our chances :D... and if it doesn't happen -well heck Im gonna look good when Im growing old disgracefully :banana dancer::giggle:
My hubby is army ;)

oh yeah Mancbird

I forgot about You are what you eat - where your just waiting for the evil McKeith to jump out the elise at tesco! LOL and atkins - great for 2-3 days then its awful! God knows how much time/money/effort we have wasted with crazy diets!

Capricorn - is there a SW class out in Germany BFPO then? wonder if there is one in Naples!

Good Luck trying we been trying for 2-3 years now its hard but hand on heart I know its my fault for being so lardy! heres hoping for us both x

The consultant will think "yippee - another customer!" Honestly, if consultants made judgements about us all they would never let any of us through the door - and they would go out of business.

honest they will be fine this is my jounery -

June 2003 - Aug 2003 last 1.5 st then stopped going even though I was still 18stone (in Suffolk)

April 2006 went along again did like 3 weeks (in london)

July 2006-Jan 2007 was pregnant but last 1.5st (the left Suffolk)

Feb 2008 one class in Helensburgh

March 2008 - May 2008 lost 1 stone in Alexandria then stopped going cos I had a bad few weeks

September 2008 did 4 weeks in Alexandria!

Summer 2009 did 2 weeks in Alexandrai!

December 2009 did 1 week in Alexandria! even brought a 12 week count down and book and all sorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(PRAT!)

Back on it again Nov 2010 and on week 2, and my consultant is LOVELY even though she must think I am a yoyo LOL they understand sometimes life isnt good and the time not right, I would say look at all the stones I lost above! BUT when I had a sticky patch when I went off plan I stopped going and learnt the hard way, when i first started SW in 2003 I was 19st 7ish, I started slimming world at 22st 12 so even if your losing slowly stay - at todays class our consultant who is AMAZING said 1pound a week in a year is 4stone!! and wouldnt we all love that, yet 1 pound seems so disspointing and little BUT its 4 stone in 1 year!

even if you stay the same, think you would prob of put on if you where not there - even if you put on, I would say go and get weighed cos when I knew I had a bad week I didnt go.....I told myself I would have a great this week and get rid of that gain and go back but I never went back, would of been better going, facing the scales and starting a new week.

You go back hun your consultant will welcome you with open arms I am sure

Good Luck xxxx
i had to smile when i read this i have also been on countless diets too numerous to mention lol i rejoined s/w a couple of weeks ago i go to a lovely class where every one is friendly and the consultant is great.
good luck mjmummy on what ever u decide to do

Just think of it this way. You're paying to be their so no-one has any right to judge!
But to be honest with my experience of the groups they will welcome you back with open arms. I think 90% of members have left and rejoined at least once :p

Back