I want to start again but ive forgotten how ;/

lookingforme

Silver Member
HI Everyone I was in here a few years ago and have to say its the kindest place I've ever been in for support. I lost a good amount of weight and enjoyed running around feeling weightless for a couple of years possibly 3 and half, the longest I've ever kept weight off for.

I was so pleased and very Happy but life caught up with me in many negative ways and I've struggled the past 6 months, i'm a carer for my Mum and so my Life although stressful mentally became very slow moving. Sitting around a lot and eating is really not my thing but there was no choices

What is worrying me greatly now as well as the huge hips I have created is that I am becoming very deeply depressed and I know 100% that battling that as well as loosing weight it a circle I don't want to be riding again.

I need to help myself but I have literally forgotten how? I remember eating foods that I enjoyed and the Buzz from exercising and riding my Bike but its as if my Body and Mind don't understand any of that anymore.

I've lost my memory of how to be in a better place, i'm almost at the point of giving up and accepting this is my dark future, but I have Grandchildren and a Mother that needs me, and I have "me" inside me somewhere who has so much energy for life when i'm feeling good.

I'm just fed up with battling this constant problem all my Life :( I could cry in a bundle on the floor when I say I just want my self back again please. :'(

I've no idea of my weight i'm to scared to look , I know my clothes don't fit me comfortable anymore and I rush home so I can be a slob on the Sofa, where as I used to be out all the time loving Life.

I'm not sure what i'm asking for here today, I'm not sure if I'm writing this to myself or everyone in here.

I just don't know what to do anymore, I must of come back here for some Reason I remember this place being a great driving force for me to achieve and

I think i'm here to try again, I know "think" should read "I am" but I can tell I don't believe it myself and that! needs to change ASAP for anything to be done about my situation.

I wonder if anyone is in the same position I am in at the moment and would they like to do a weekly weigh in?

Thanks LFM

Last edited:
Hi LFM,

Don't be hard on yourself, sounds like you have had a lot going on emotionally as well as a change to your lifestyle. And being a carer is TOUGH! it's understandable that your weight hasn't been a priority.

I think the new year is a good time to look at things and a trigger make a change. If you're ready to start, then weigh in and set a mini goal. You need to know where you're starting from, and I also find it quite symbolic, it makes it real somehow.

I remember how it felt to be 100% in the zone. I haven't gotten it back and I don't know how to sadly! But I'm hoping that will come back in time as I start shedding some pounds.

I've started today at 19st 6.5lbs, I would like to be under 14st by 2015, but just focussing on a stone at a time.

Do you have a diary? It can really help, as you know there are loads of lovely people on minis.

You've made the first move by coming back here, I see you've made over 1,500 posts in your time here so you must have helped a lot of other people as well as getting help here. Just look at how many members use this site verey day and know that weight issues are a huge problem for thousands of people so you're not alone.
It's IS hard and I bet most of the regular members have felt deeply depressed and de-motivated but its the tiniest of steps we take in the right direction which get us to our destination not the huge leaps.
How did you lose the weight before? Did you go to a group or do it alone?
I feel that joining a group if possible might give you the incentive and a bit of social interaction outside the home that might help. If not maybe a slimming buddy might help.
I am in a slightly similar situation I lost almost 3 stones and felt amazing, but I SO struggled to keep it off and now over the past couple of months in particular have just sort of given up - gone back to my old junk food eating habits, pigged out on stuff I know is bad for me and put almost half the weight I lost back on and stopped doing the long healthy walks I know helped too.
I got rid of all my big clothes and gradually replaced them bit by bit and now I can't get into any of my lovely size 14s everything is far too tight or looks dreadful on me. I can't even seem to be bothered to style my hair, put make up on or make any kind of effort.
I KNOW I must stop this self destruct cycle of can't be bothered but I just can't seem to find that willpower I found before.
I need something to encourage me but don't know what.
I went to a lovely slimming group in the town I used to live in but then we moved and I joined slimming world in my new town, I found it a bit more difficult than my old group but eventually made it to target, but never managed to stay there for very long. I'm now 58 and it seems to get harder as I get older and yet even more imperative that I do something.
Anyway I'm just drivelling on, if I can find the motivation to properly get started I'll weigh in with you each week but at the moment I'm up to 11 stone 7 and have no idea how I'm going to start shifting it again. Hope you get your mojo back x

Hi Lookingforme. Your story is very much like mine. So many similarities and experiences. When we feel really down it can be hard to believe that things will get better at some point. A lot of our pain is due to being very overweight in a society that values thinness. Now you're back here you've made up your mind to break the cycle of eating and feeling miserable. I've only just come back, myself. I lost 11st and regained 7st over four or five years. I just have to lose it because I'd got used to being slim and fairly fit. I used to go out all the time, too. Go away for the weekend, go to visit pals, etc. Now I stay home 24/7. I have arthritis and a bad back and both conditions make things harder. However I'm here and I'm determined to lose weight.

There's lots of support here, as I am finding out already. I wish you well in whatever diet you choose, and I hope you'll soon see the number on the scales move downwards again x

HI Everyone I was in here a few years ago and have to say its the kindest place I've ever been in for support. I lost a good amount of weight and enjoyed running around feeling weightless for a couple of years possibly 3 and half, the longest I've ever kept weight off for.

I was so pleased and very Happy but life caught up with me in many negative ways and I've struggled the past 6 months, i'm a carer for my Mum and so my Life although stressful mentally became very slow moving. Sitting around a lot and eating is really not my thing but there was no choices

What is worrying me greatly now as well as the huge hips I have created is that I am becoming very deeply depressed and I know 100% that battling that as well as loosing weight it a circle I don't want to be riding again.

I need to help myself but I have literally forgotten how? I remember eating foods that I enjoyed and the Buzz from exercising and riding my Bike but its as if my Body and Mind don't understand any of that anymore.

I've lost my memory of how to be in a better place, i'm almost at the point of giving up and accepting this is my dark future, but I have Grandchildren and a Mother that needs me, and I have "me" inside me somewhere who has so much energy for life when i'm feeling good.

I'm just fed up with battling this constant problem all my Life :( I could cry in a bundle on the floor when I say I just want my self back again please. :'(

I've no idea of my weight i'm to scared to look , I know my clothes don't fit me comfortable anymore and I rush home so I can be a slob on the Sofa, where as I used to be out all the time loving Life.

I'm not sure what i'm asking for here today, I'm not sure if I'm writing this to myself or everyone in here.

I just don't know what to do anymore, I must of come back here for some Reason I remember this place being a great driving force for me to achieve and

I think i'm here to try again, I know "think" should read "I am" but I can tell I don't believe it myself and that! needs to change ASAP for anything to be done about my situation.

I wonder if anyone is in the same position I am in at the moment and would they like to do a weekly weigh in?

Thanks LFM

Hi LFM,
I am sorry that you are going through these difficulties. It is normal as long as we are humans to experience ups and downs but that doesn't mean you have to give up so easily. Anybody who tells you it is easy to lose weight and keep it off permanently, either have never tried to lose weight before or trying to just make you feel ok.

In all fairness, it takes time to lose weight and to keep it off permanently and that involves not giving in to lose weight quick schemes but rather having a conscious determination and the discipline to do it in a slow and steady manner until it becomes a habit.

First of all, in the next 30 days, write down on daily basis all the negative things that compete with your weight loss, spiritually, physically, emotionally, socially and any other factor and keep them. After the 30 days, sit down and analyze those you can do something about and those you can't do anything about and place premium on those you can do something about and give no attention to the rest that you can't do anything about.

Find people you trust who can motivate you and share your findings with them and let them know your plan of getting rid of your excess weight for good. Then choose a weight loss plan that will be in sync with your lifestyle and start a gradual weight loss journey. As you do that you will soon see the weight getting off gradually and going away permanently.

Thanks and I know you can make it but for now don't be too hard on yourself for we are humans.

Take care.

Thnakyou everyone who replied, and you are all so right. It was My Reach of desperation when in a dark place, Ive managed to relocate my old long threads like a guiding beacon, so ill try to get this one deleted. :)

Back