I want to start dukan diet..can anyone help?

kate7590

Hi. Iv been looking around this forum for a while now with great interest.
I have today officially quit alizonne [long story], but do not want to quit loosing weight ;)

I have ordered the dukan diet book from amazon, so that should arrive soon.

Can anyone tell me what sort of things Id be allowed to eat, and more importantly what I CANT eat?

Does the book tell you exactly what I need to do?

Any help appreciated :)

It's easier to tell you what you can eat - rather than what you can. The basic diet is a list of 100 fresh foods which you can eat in (almost) unlimited quantities, alternating days when you eat both protein and vegetable with days when you eat protein only.

All foods which are natural high in starch, sugar and fat are banned, as are most manufactured food, for the same reasons.

There is a fabulous FAQ section at the top of the board which will tell you much much more.

Wait for the book if I were you. It explains everything clearly and when I read it something "clicked" in my head because I thought it made a lot of sense. 4 weeks later and I had lost a stone...

Wait for the book if I were you. It explains everything clearly and when I read it something "clicked" in my head because I thought it made a lot of sense. 4 weeks later and I had lost a stone...

I totally agree, after half heartedly talking about losing weight for...well, forever...reading this book made me feel like I could take control again. And the diet plan itself is simple - if it's on the list you can have it and if it isn't you can't! (well there's a bit more to it than that but you get my drift!)

And if you like to plan, this is perfect because planning is key! The only thing to consider is the amount of time you spend cooking (particularly in the first week) but that normalises a bit when you get into it properly.

3 weeks in and I haven't looked back - and keep visiting the forum because there are lots of great tips and motivating people here to help and support :)

It's worth spending a bit of time planning cos then you'll have stuff in the fridge that you can eat. Shopping Dukan friendly food can be challenging. Lunches at work are an issue for me, as was cooking for rest of family normally. But it's definately worth it!

Back