I was just wondering...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 6 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Do you think that 1/2 stone lost looks more obvious when you are less overweight?

When I was 5 - 8 stone overweight, half a stone didn't really seem that much to lose and I don't think it really made that much difference to how I looked. I was just wondering today though. Now I'm about 2.5 stone overweight, do you think losing half a stone will make a more significant difference to how i look?

I'm just preparing myself mentally for what might be a more rapid change in appearance now. Am I right, will 2 stone overweight look quite different to 2 and a half and will 1 and half look quite different to 2 stone?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh absolutely! It took til Id lost STONES before anyone noticed. If youre really overweight noone will notice a stone or 2. If youve only a wee bit to lose a few lbs can be more noticeable

4. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Oh yes! If I lose 2lb, no kidding, people notice. Fair enough, these are people who only ever see me wearing lycra :) but it definitely makes more of a difference.

5. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    Yes I think the bigger you are, you need to lose a lot of weight before anyone notices.

6. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    I agree I had to lose 3 stone before anyone noticed but now they notice every other week that I have lost more .So more compliments yipeeee I have such a huge ego now lol

7. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    8st3lb(41.97%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Definately

I think people notice the difference more if you go from clothes size 14 To a 10
    Than they do if you go from a 24 to a 20

Keep up the good work.You have done amazingly well.

Susan

8. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Yes definately, I read a post once, think it may have been by Icemoose about the Ed principle. Think of Ed as a kitchen roll, when you first buy Ed he is a nice full plump roll, if each sheet equals a pound when you first tear one off it only goes a small way round Ed and he doesn't seem to shrink much but as Ed gets smaller that one sheet wraps several times round the roll and hence makes a much bigger impact in terms of size.

Does that make sense?

Gxx

Dancing and blue_grapefruit like this.
  9. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    Great analogy Georgie. That will spur me on to shift this last stone or so. xx

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Georgie - I love that. Very visual and whoever came up with is fab. I'm excited now. I've been viewing half stone loss (last week) as just another half stone but now I'm like woo hoo, half a stone and I'm galloping through the last few stone. I can't wait to look even slimmer. I've got that vlcd buzz back.

11. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'd lost three stone before anyone noticed. Now they notice if I have lost about 5lbs. Usually every couple of weeks people will say "Have you lost even MORE weight?".

One thing to remember though.....they'll see it going back on just as quick! That's my incentive to keep it off!!!

12. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

ha ha - good point Deb. But it won't be going back on!!

13. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    EXACTLY!!!:D

14. corinne_j

corinne_j Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yes it took a while before anyone noticed, now I get comments every week lol I'm hoping that the last 2 stone will make a big difference - I've still got plenty of wobbly bits haha

Corinne x

15. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

me too (the wobbly bits) - look at our signatures, we have lost almost the same and have almost the same left to lose (although I may lose more to get into the healty BMI range)! and we have done it at a similar rate if you factor out my 5 week holiday. How tall are you Corinne? I'm 5'10.

good luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.