I weigh in tomorrow and I'm absolutely terrified

Sorry if this is the wrong place but I need some support.

I weigh in at slimming world tomorrow and so far I've lost 7 n 1/2 pounds in 3 weeks, but I noticed last week I was a little bit scared to go on the scales, I didnt have a bad week with food, but I did only lose half a pound, and although it is still a loss and I'm happy about a loss I couldnt help but feel somewhat dissappointed by it.

This time I'm absolutely terrified, I've suddenly become panicky the day before I have to weigh in, I hate the feeling of disappointment. I wouldnt say I had a bad week, cause I eat ALOT of fruit and veg, and jacket potato and baked beans and a lot of salad too. I admit I did have a cheeky indian takeaway the beginning of the week, and a bag of Walkers baked stars the other day, but thats the only thing I've properly had.

I never use all the syns I am supposed to use in a day, apart from that day I had the indian, I have even stopped having the trifle and other various treats at work. I just can't explain this fear I have. I don't feel like I've done well this week, I feel fat and ugh and eww and thats the only way I can explain it.

Does any one else ever feel like this?

Hannah

Hi Hannah

I completely feel the same. My weigh in is today and I'm terrified. Had a night out this week and last time I did that my weight stayed the same so I'm not looking forward to tonight.

You sound like your not doing anything wrong, as long as you get your 1/3 super free and not going over your syns you should be fine and should lose. Things like time of the month or anything like that can effect your loss though so don't be too disappointed if a week you feel like your not doing so well.

Good luck for weigh in :fingerscrossed:

Hey thanks, I think I just needed to know I wasnt the only one who felt like this some times. How did you get on?

I was shocked when I got on the scales, I lost a nice pound and half taking me up to a 9 pound loss and its made me feel a little better about the diet. It's much closer to a stone loss now so I'm a bit more motivated too, and aim more for that weight loss. I'm aiming for hopefully 3 pound this week, (as that brings me to my target to get my next lot of vouchers from the doctors) and then I'm gonna aim to lose the 2 pounds the following week to take me to my stone loss :)

I always feel nervous about the scales and try to re-programme my thinking so that it is excitement. This is going to sound irrelevant to your situation but bare with me . . . do you run or thought about taking it up? As well as the health and weight loss benefits it is brilliant for clearing your head and helping to focus on the positive things in life. It gives you time to think things through. I have written a little about how I started running in my blog (link below) and believe me, I have never been a runner. It has really changed my life (along with SW). My right hand has been in plaster for 5 weeks and I've been unable to run - I can't wait to get back out there again.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you enjoy your journey as much as I did and I'll be happy to help if you have any questions or need some motivation.

I get like this a little bit.. only because in my 3rd week I had maintained.. not that theres anything wrong with a maintain as such just that week I had been following my plan.
I don't dread the weigh in but just before I am a bit ooh, that might just be nerves or excitement though who knows!
Some people say to me don't I get weighed before so I know what to expect but as our weight fluctuates in the week that can really mess with your head so I try my best not to do that.
Sally, I would like to take up running or even just jogging at some point, so think I will check out your blog.

Jodie - you are right . . . Don't be a slave to the scales. Weigh in once and make it exciting!

One lady at my group admitted to weighing herself in Boots. According to their scales she had gained. She was so annoyed and couldn't believe it so went back an hour later and weighed herself again. It said she weighed more, she was now really annoyed and she'd paid twice to use the scales!! It served no purpose other than to make her feel crap. The only thing you need scales for is to weigh your healthy extras!!!

Also, some weeks you might not have lost weight on the scales.. but lost inches. So I think its always good to take your measurements on your weigh day, then when you get weighed and your loss wasnt as good as you might have hoped for you can be like "oh but I lost x amount from inches from here" so you still know what you're doing is working

Hey thanks, I think I just needed to know I wasnt the only one who felt like this some times. How did you get on?

Hey - you are definitely not the only one who feels that way. I joined SW on 14 May and have only had 2 weigh ins so far (I missed last week due to a holiday). I seem to be gripped by fear every time I get on the bloody scales, although so far I have to say it has quickly turned into elation when I saw my losses so long may that continue. I am scared about Monday's WI though as I have been away and literally it all went to pot - there was beer, vodka, chips and even a huge trifle in my life!!!! Dreading it doesn't eve come close!

Kneehigh, I wouldn't worry too much. The best thing to do is to draw a line under it and move on.
If when you go your weigh in you've put on or even maintained, it isnt the end of the world.. I hope you stay for your image therapy as im sure your consultant and the rest of your group will help you get back your focus and get back on track

Thanks Jodie

I do intend to stay for image therapy as I find it really supportive and helpful. I am going to just hope for a maintain this time I think, and at least then I wont feel like I have gone too far off track!

Back