Step 1 Sole Source I will not be 'the fat daughter from the UK' this time (and all her CD buddies!!)

PuddingsKC

Hello all,

Thought I'd start this now as I NEED some motivation and am very easily lead astray. I've read the support on these foums and it's great!

I've just contacted a CDC and I've got her next available apointment on Tuesday 18th so I'm hoping to start on the Wednesday. I've done it before for a whole week (!) and I know it works...I also need the motivation of 'seeing' someone to weigh me otherwise I was going to try Exante as it was cheaper and easier to get hold of. However, I tried a shake and yuck - although I also find the Cambridge ones a bit yuck - I will be be living on Tetra's.

I lost 2 stone about 3 years ago on WW then put it all back on and more over the last few years, I'm a binge eater. Lightest weight ever has been 9st13lb, not entirely sure what I am now (13st something) but will update on Tuesday. The CDC I've found sounds great, said she'll take my weight, measurements and even a photo and she's lost 7st herself and kept it of for 4 years.

I'm looking forward to starting (sort of) but am a real comfort eater so I know it will be hard.

Good luck to all newbies and well done to everyone else on the weightlosses I've read so far!

Oh, I should probably explain the title - My dad lives abroad and I visit every year getting bigger and bigger, where he lives the women are skinny so I'm his 'fat daughter form the UK' and yes that gets said to my face!!! I've got 13 weeks to lose as much as possible and go out there with confidence.

Puds x

Last edited:
hi pudding. i have just started this im on day 2, didnt know if you wanted to be my buddy? i know it sounds really gay! but we have similar amounts to loose and im going on hol in 10 weeks and need to have it off! xx

hi pudding. i have just started this im on day 2, didnt know if you wanted to be my buddy? i know it sounds really gay! but we have similar amounts to loose and im going on hol in 10 weeks and need to have it off! xx

Thanks so much for reading - would love to be buddies! How is day 2? Which products have you tried? I found only the Tetra's that I could stomach last time so will probably be doing that again though have seen mention of a cookies and cream shake....as you can tell from my username I like sweet stuff!

Puds x

im actually coping surprisingly well. I had choco velvet for breakfast and now half spicy tom soup, save half for a little later. I can have 4 a day due to my height so i get a little extra. :) do you have facebook? i did a buddy thing with someone on ww before and we used that to email, was so helpful when having down day. if do im [email protected] and jade oakley, pic of me and mum so you know its me :) xx

I dont have fb at the mo - serious confidence issue so I canceeled (suspended?) account tho hope to be back on soon oozing self esteem :).

Have you made it thru the day 100%? Im so looking forward to starting - ive decided not to tell anyone, i didnt when I did ww and it seemed to work better and theres no pressure if you know what I mean!!

Hi Pudding,

Sorry been a little absent, i dont have a laptop at home (well i have 3 and all broken!)

Yes i have been 100% since starting, not fallen off once. So proud of myself. thinking of going onto ss+ on wed, going to speak to my leader about it.
I have told my mum, OH and best friend and thats it, i dont want peoples negativity affecting me.

When do you start? x

Ah i've been pretty absent to! Well done on being 100% I so hope i can be but I give in so easily - however i feel a bit 'different' this time in approaching a diet so fingers crossed I'm in the zone. CDC emailed today saying shes looking forward to meeting me and starting on my journey which i thought was really nice so im quite motivated, appt tomorrow at 1pm then will clear out food cupboards and start on Wednesday - excited but nervous! Have some good books ready on kindle, some new nail varnishes and bubblebath for things to to take my mind off food! Got invited to halloween party on 2 November so i hope to fit into my old bumble bee costume by then!! Puds x

So, mixed emotions this morning, seeing CDC at 1pm and then starting tomorrow. I'm excited and can't wait to be 'slim' but I'm also dead nervous that I'm not going to be able to stick to it - fod is my life! Everything revolves around food, I think about it all the time and plan every meal pretty much as soon as I've finished the last one. I must keep teling myself it's just short term and food will still be around when I'm at goal, it wont disapear and I'll never be able to eat my favourite things again. I just need to make it to 20 December - HOLIDAY!!.

Hmm, I should probably cut the process into small chunks and targets. I'll think about that this morning and update after CDC visit. Just getting through day 1 should be my first goal I think.

I'm not going to tell anyone about this as I just cant hack the negativity and also couldn't hack the 'we knew you couldn't do it' brigade. I've been raring to go since I booked the appt but I'm wobbling now already!!

Will report back after appt!

Best of luck with it Pudding! I think you'll be totally motivated after your appointment! I know I was....it is overwhelming but you get used to it really quickly!

Personally, I found eliminating food altogether the best thing for me as I can work through the issues i have with food at the same time as losing weight!

hi pudding! i feel for you. i had my meeting and then i went on hol so i didnt start till i go back, i was so nervous about starting as i didnt want to fail, but then i thought im only failing myself! Im now on day 5 and have stuck to it 100% i havent even thought about food tbh, i got an unlimited cinema card and have been 3 times since sat! I semi-freeze a tetra and have that in the cinema like a thick shake while OH has an icecream and i dont even want a bite of his. You can do this!
we are all here to support you. im moving onto ss+ from tomorrow, so i can eat with my OH, due to my height i have 4 cwp meals atm so doing ss+ doesnt really affect my kcal intake.
let us know how the meeting goes. xx

So, mixed emotions this morning, seeing CDC at 1pm and then starting tomorrow. I'm excited and can't wait to be 'slim' but I'm also dead nervous that I'm not going to be able to stick to it - fod is my life! Everything revolves around food, I think about it all the time and plan every meal pretty much as soon as I've finished the last one. I must keep teling myself it's just short term and food will still be around when I'm at goal, it wont disapear and I'll never be able to eat my favourite things again. I just need to make it to 20 December - HOLIDAY!!.

Hmm, I should probably cut the process into small chunks and targets. I'll think about that this morning and update after CDC visit. Just getting through day 1 should be my first goal I think.

I'm not going to tell anyone about this as I just cant hack the negativity and also couldn't hack the 'we knew you couldn't do it' brigade. I've been raring to go since I booked the appt but I'm wobbling now already!!

Will report back after appt!

I started my SS five days ago and honestly I never thought it'd be this easy. I'm sure you can do it.

I started my SS five days ago and honestly I never thought it'd be this easy. I'm sure you can do it.

i feel exactly the same, i cant believe it but i'm finding it easier than I ever did with slimming world or weight watchers! only thing i dread is people inviting me to dinner! like this friday! groan!! a plain chicken salad should be fine though :) xx

Thanks all! Am very motivated!

The internets been down and I've been dying to get on here and update since I got back from my meeting with my CDC. She's lovely, totally bonkers, but lovely, very excited at my journey which is great. She showed me photos of her at her biggest, losing 7 stone I think she said which she has maintained for 5 years now. She took my weight and measurements and a 'before' photo from the front and the side! She showed me pic's of another of her clients who looks amazing and has the same amount to lose as me in about the same amount of time.

So, I'm loaded up with chocolate and banana tetra's (the only products I like) going to get myself a big bottle of water this evening for my desk tomorrow and away we go!!

Thank you so much for the supoprt - I'm gonna need it!!!

Puds x

All the best for your journey :)

Well, here we are on Day 1...

I have a choc tetra and a banana one with me at work today. I'm trying to leave it as long as possible before I have my first - maybe around 10am, then another around 3 and then my final one around 7/9pm.

Boss has already offered me freshly bakes choc chip cookies and I said NO! I've not said why yet and hopefully I wont need to but if I do I will :) I've bought 3 x 1l bottles of water, one for the office, one for home and one in the car so I'm covered! I aso have the berry flavouring if I need it as I normally can't stand water!

Gave all my leftover food to my flatmate so there's nothing I can munch on.

So here we go...

good luck pudding!! I just had my first WI and lost 8lbs! so pleased and so motivational.

If you freeze a tetra for 6 hours, it turns into icecream and takes ages to eat! also if you freeze for about 3 hours, its a turns into a thick shake and takes you longer to drink :) xx

Hi Fiona!

Try my little handy tip. spread a choco mint over 2 mugs, and make them hot. I put half sachet in, add a little cold water and mix into paste then add hot water, and use a whisk, perfect hot chocolate :) i have one at 9 and one at 11, then do the same with my soup, have one at 1 and one at 3.

Good luck :) xxx

Hey everyone!

The more the merrier! That's a FANTASTIC weightloss SkinnyBean well done!!! I can't wait for my first weigh in - must get through Day 1 first.

iatemywillpower (I adore your username!) I just can't seem to stomach the shakes no matter what I do, I've not tried the soups but then I don't like soups in 'real life' so reckon I'd not be keen in CD life.

I am defo going to try freezing a tetra or two. I've just had my first of the day - a lot later than planned but I'm rushed off my feet at work, it's actually ridiculous and I'm getting a tad stressed out - that worries me cos if I'm stressed I eat!

I must say i really love the chocolate velvet it just doesn't last very long! Ah well more sips of water.

I got the most gorgeous shoes delivered yesterday (ebay!!) from poetic licence, they're black with a ruffle around them and a red heel - can't wait to wear them when I'm comfortable in 'power' shoes!!

I'm going to do my nails this evening instead of eating everything in sight.

Hey Pud! My nails are so much stronger and I haven't been biting them since I started this plan......strange side effect?! So they actually look pretty good! SO I'm probably going to paint my nails tonight. My sister got me the most gorgeous CK nail varnishes for xmas last year and I haven't been using them as I really haven't been making much effort with my appearance!

O.M.G - shoe envy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They sound gorgeous! <quickly opens another screen for ebay listings!>

I'm so lucky as I like a lot of the shakes -enough to be able to mix it up a little bit and avoid getting bored. I do feel bad for those who hate them. I definitely found it nicer to have the shakes with ice cubes in, so they are ice cold. And they need to be blended properly in a machine....the cambridge shaker is ok for emergencies but I much prefer them blended properly. But the chicken and mushroom soup goes too 'light' in the blender so I use a hand blender for that one! It's like a military operation!!

Back