Iambe's Good Things - Attempt 2!

Iambe

Hi all

Been off for about 6 months and have increased my weight by a further 6 pounds, on top of what I lost originally but I've been on it for a couple of weeks and know I've been doing alright.

I'm trying more food planning to try and be a bit more organised...So here goes: -

Sunday

Brekkie
2 boiled eggs
Soldiers (HEB)
Scrape of stork on toast (2 syns)

Lunch (late)
Roast chicken (sw way!)
Green beans
Butternut squash
Skinny roast potatoes
Gravy (syn free made from scratch)

Dinner
Leftover veggie bolognese
Pasta

Snack
Made a SW apple cake which was delicious, ate 2 slices so about 6 syns as I'd already had my HEB)

TBC

Kirstles

Monday feedings

Brekkie
2 veggie sausages
Half can of baked beans

Lunch
Salad
Iceberg lettuce
Tomato
Cucumber
Leftover pasta
Ham
2 Ryvita
2 Light Laughing Cow triangles

Strawberry mullerlight

Dinner
Fried Rice
Basmati rice
Sweetcorn
Onion
Ham
Chicken
2 egg omelette
Dark soy/5 spice

Snack
3 squares of Green and Blacks (3 syns)

And today...

Brekkie
2 boiled eggs
Soldiers (no spread this morning)

Lunch
Leftover fried rice from last night

Mullerlight cherry

Dinner
Made large batch of tomato pasta sauce
2 onions
4 cloves of garlic
splash of balsamic
Oregano
Can of chopped tomatoes
Carton of passata
Salt and pepper
Makes 4 generous portions

1 portion of sauce
Spaghetti

Sundae
Strawberry mullerlight
1/4 pack of Hartleys sugarfree jelly made up as directed (1/2 syn)
2 mini meringues (2 syns)

Wednesday tra la la tra la la

Brekkie
2 veggie sausages
Half can of beans

Lunch
Salad
Iceberg lettuce
Tomato
Cucumber
Ham

2 Ryvita
2 laughing cow

Sugar free jelly
1/2 mullerlight

Dinner
Poached egg
Ham
Skinny chips

Snack
Kinda bad but still in syns
4 slices of toast from 800gm loaf
scraping of stork
Mug of horlicks

Thursday...Thursday...Thursday

Brekkie
Ham
Tomato
Toast
Spread of stork

Lunch
Salad (iceberg, tomato, cucumber)
Jacket potato
Beans
2 light babybel

Cherry mullerlight

Dinner
Chicken tikka and bombay potatoes
Naan bread

Ooooo and I made a batch of syn free bbq sauce to have with my chicken breasts tomorrow night, little taster proved how luscious slimming world recipes are!

Friday yummylisciousness

Brekkie

Work breakfast
Bacon (fatty bits removed)
Grilled tomato
Mushrooms
Beans
1 slice granary toast (5.5 syns)

Lunch
Chicken mugshot
2 ryvita (HEB)
2 laughing cows (HEA)

Dinner
3 quorn fillets
Homemade BBQ sauce
Corn on the cob
Mashed potato (made with remaining 3 laughing cows HEA)

Slice of ryvita apple cake (HEB)

Saturday gorgeous!

Working a shift on the helpline that I volunteer for yesterday. It has historically been a bit of an issue for triggering a 'binging' period, but it was still awesome!

Brekkie
3 pieces of ryvita apple cake eaten in the car on the way to office

Lunch
Shredded chicken and babybel omelette
2 slices of wholemeal bread

Dinner
4 sausages (2 syns)
chips
beans

Made my chips with maris piper potatoes for the first time having run off to Morrisons to get the low syn sausages and saw that there was an offer on bags of them. Oh they are luscious!

Sunday bloomin' Sunday

Brekkie
Nuffink...I went to the car boot sale this morning, up at 7.15 meeting LMJ at 8am so it was a bit of a rush to get over there...Plus I needed to get fuel...I was avoiding queues of morons so I had hit the red line! It was a hell of a risk to do this though. We all know the allure of the market and the smell of frying onions. This was made doubly bad by LMJ having an egg roll with onions and watching all the burgers and bacon rolls being consumed in the surrounding area.

I remained strong though and bought a couple of photo frames as well as a few cheap cooking ingredients and some cheap veg! I felt thoroughly virtuous and on top of that I had a good walk around the mahoosive boot sale.

Lunch/late breakfast
4 morrisons sausages 60% less fat (2 syns)
2 slices of toast (HEB)
2 poached eggs
Half can of beans
Very delicious, very lovely meal that felt even better because I had behaved well at the car boot sale.

Very full from that yummy meal, I pottered about a bit, watched a couple of films, did some home admin then had a snooze.

Dinner
2 small chicken breasts roasted in lemon juice/thyme
Skinny roast potatoes
Lots of broccoli
Frozen gravy leftovers from last Sunday roast
Mint sauce (0.5 syns)

Mint chocolate frozen yoghurt

Oh Monday of joy

Brekkie
Magic pancakes
30gms of oats
1 toffee mullerlight
2 eggs
Drizzle of honey (2 syns)

Lunch
Homemade tuna mayo (2 syns)
Jacket spud
Salad
2 light babybels

Dinner
Leftover chicken breasts from yesterday
broccoli
Roast potatoes
Syn free gravy
Mint sauce

I think I am officially in love with skinny roast potatoes made from maris piper potatoes, that was the most delicious meal in the world. Weigh in tomorrow morning...a day early because of my trip to Norwich. Mmmm fingers crossed.

Norwich Tuesday

Brekkie
2 slices wholemeal bread
1 laughing cow
Eat and run in order to get to work and then make the train

Lunch
Camden food co
Chicken and bacon salad
Picked apart the bacon so had no fat
Lean chicken, boiled egg, chopped pots and leaves. Came with dressing on the side so had ickle smidge of it about 1/4 tiny pot i reckon 1 syn

Pineapple and strawberries

Dinner
Gammon steak all fatty bits gone
Jacket pot
Peas
Tomato
Tsp mustard 1/2 syn
Pineapple ring grilled 1 syn
Egg fried (3 syns)
Unknown fats used 5 syns

So that's not a bad day. Did lots of walking and carrying heavy cases round the underground. Is cool...

Plus i got to the hotel and i've got a bath...woot

Kirstles

Norwich wednesday!

Brekkie
Slice bacon fat removed
2 poached eggs
Beans
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
1 slice toast heb

Lunch
Jacket pot
Tuna mayo 2 syns

Dinner
Chicken breast
Bacon
Salad
Jacket pot
Bbq sauce 2 syns
Salad dressing 1 syn
Ambient fats 3 syns
Half slice garlic bread 4 syns
Third eton mess ??? 10 syns

Ok i was a bit naughty tonight but i may have over estimated. It was a bloomin nice meal though. Back home tomorrow so back on perfect track!

Thursday home hussah!

Brekkie

Poached egg
Slice of bacon fat removed
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Beans
Slice of wholemeal toast (HEB)

And that was all. I could go to the kitchen and make something now but I'm not hungry now. I've gone beyond it. I think that's the first time in years...Lots and lots of years...that I've ever gone a whole day without eating. I'm exhausted...Today was a hell of a day which is why I haven't eaten but it's over now. I'm home and able to chill with my feet up and have a fabulous weekend cooking the good sorts of foods rather than the stuff I've been eating. Mmm that evokes lots of good feelings.

Good friday!

Brekkie
Mushroom omelette
4 slices of crispy bacon fat removed
Brown sauce 2 syns

Late lunch
2 rolls (1 HEB and 6 syns)
2 babybels (HEA)
homemade burgers
Skinny chips
Tomatoes
Ketchup 2 syns

Gorgeous food. Went out with friend for drinks tonight. Didn't eat although he was trying to tempt me with naughty food! It was a lovely evening and I really enjoyed my late lunch, it was so filling. Feeling so good about the diet at the minute. Really enjoying the diet at the moment, and was extolling its virtues to my friend!

Saturday and a bit of boredomness...

OK so today hasn't been great but nowhere near as bad as it would have been in the past. I'm not outside of syns so it's not that bad but I found a delicious something to eat today which is free and it feels proper naughty.

Didn't eat breakfast because I didn't have any bread in the house and I didn't fancy omelette again. I'm glad that I managed to treat myself properly even though it felt like it was a binge.

Lunch
Leftover burgers that I didn't freeze so had to cook
2 bread rolls (1 HEB and 6 syns)
Big salad
2 babybels (HEA)
Ketchup (2 syns)
Skinny chips

Snack
Syn free lemon curd (rind and juice of lemon, 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons of sweetener whisked in a bowl over simmering hot water until thickened then stirred in 2 tbs of quark)
Dipped a bunch of grapes into the cooled curd, snacking all afternoon on it. Still loads of curd left but I ate the whole bunch of grapes!

Dinner
Final warmed up burger
Babybel (HEA)
Another roll (6 syns)
Ketchup (1 syn)

15 syns in total.

Sunday stupidity

OK well I've been silly today. I was doing really well but there was something about my dinner that really didn't satisfy me, I didn't enjoy it at all and I consquently did silly things.

Brekkie
Slice of ryvita cake cooked for picnic (part of HEB)

Lunch
Big salad (asparagus, mushrooms, iceberg, tomato)
Cold pasta with ham and laughing cow cheese triangle
Slice of ryvite cake (part of HEB)

Dinner
Smash pizza (mushrooms, ham, mozzarella) HEA + 3 syns
Pasta and sauce

Snacks
Dairy Milk (6 syns)

Made chocolate ryvita cake with Options Choccy sachet to try and sort chocolate cravings. Had slice, didn't work, so being very foolish I ate a half packet of digestive biscuits, come dunked in black coffee the rest dipped in the leftover lemon curd. I feel so foolish for doing what I've done but I know why I've done it. I know that it wasn't the smart thing to do, but it's done now...Tomorrow is another day.

Mondayness

Breakfast
Bacon fat removed 4 slices
Lettuce
Tomato
2 wholemeal toast (HEB)
Mayo (2 syns)

Lunch
2 chicken breasts roasted in lemon and thyme
Roast potatoes
Broccoli
Syn free gravy

3 slices ryvita chocolate cake (4 ryvita, 1 sachet devilishly dark options, 2 eggs, 4 tbs sweetener) 4.5 syns
Mint choc frozen yoghurt (2 mullerlights, 1 tub quark, 4 tbs sweetener)

Dinner
Pasta
Tomato sauce (homemade syn free)
Parmesan (HEA)
Garlic bread (Smash, garlic, oregano)

Tuesday tremblings

I'm having a wobbly day but it's OK. I'm doing alright. I'm in syns, it's all good, I just don't feel myself...I'm not connected in the way that I have been and that's a little bit scary especially considering that nothing has really happened to trigger it.

I stood there washing up earlier and tried to think of the reasons why I feel disconnected. It happened Sunday afternoon when I got back from my drive with Lisa, and since then it's been wobbly. I fell down on Sunday but Monday and today I've stayed but only just. I'm hoping I manage to power through NO...I'm going to stick to it, there's no hoping about it.

I will not be this weight again.

Breakfast
2 slices of wholemeal toast (HEB)
1 LCL (HEA)

Lunch
2 LCL (HEA)
Leftover pasta
Iceberg, tomato, ham

2 pieces of ryvita cake (3 syns)

Dinner
Leftover chicken
Broccoli
Roast potatoes
Syn free gravy
Mint sauce (1 syn)

3 squares of green and blacks 80% (3 syns)

So 7 syns in total. I could go back for more choc if I feel so inclined.

OK I didn't go back for more choc and I'm glad I didn't. I got on the scales this morning and that 3rd lb which was there has now gone. I think it's safe to say that a combination of my non-eating days and my wobble on Sunday have added to this situation. I do feel a little bit miffed about it but it's just proof that I need to stick to the plan including EATING. I am also acknowledging that I need to add in a bit more superfree snacking rather than the things like the ryvita cake etc.

I am determined to stick to this because this is the sort of thing that has de-railed me in the past. I'm at the point where I'm going to go and write on the bathroom wall I WILL NEVER BE THIS WEIGHT AGAIN!

I'll update food diary later. Got a meal out at lunchtime so fingers crossed.

Kirstles
x

Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday...

Breakfast

Chopped banana
Strawberry mullerlight

Lunch
Gammon steak (fat cut off and remaining fat dabbed off with a tissue)
Ordered with mushrooms, tomato, pineapple, jacket potato and peas
They bloomin put the butter on top of the jacket potato before bringing it out, I managed to scoop it off but I reckon there was at least 1 syn that seeped in.
The steak, mushroom and pineapple had definitely been brushed with a ridiculous amount of fat so I didn't eat the pineapple or the mushroom and I think I got a lot of the fat soaked up with the serviette. How ridiculous that you choose something which should be fairly good for you but NO, they had to ruin it.
Let's say 7 syns for ambient fats and I'll try not to be too pissed off about it.

Dinner
Ham
Poached egg
Skinny chips
Salad

Snacks
Grapes
Chocolate (3 syns)

10 syns and I shall try not to be a mardy wotsit

Thursday and a bit sorry for myself

I had a tooth extraction today (not a big deal it was a baby tooth and took roughly 30 seconds to remove with no continuing pain) and I felt very down in the dumps. I think I'm fighting something off. It's a bit rubbish frankly. I couldn't eat anything until lunchtime when the anaesthetic had worn off to the point that I could feel my face!

I made a batch of gravy from scratch knowing that I was going to have mashed potatoes, sausages, broccoli etc however...

Lunch
Sausages 3 syns
Mashed potatoes with 2 LCL
Syn free gravy

I had no broccoli because I decided I couldn't be bothered to prepare and cook it. Really bad I know, but that just becomes more and more silly.

Then I felt hungry again and...

Sausage 2 syns
2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEB)
Mustard 1 syn

But that wasn't the end of it...

3 more sausages
3 slices of bread (18 syns)
More mustard (2 syns)

So in total 29 syns...And that is not the way you carry on if you are going to lose weight.

I haven't eaten anything else today and I'll be back on plan in the morning, just feel such a knob for actively sabotaging myself.

BUMS...

Back